Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H cam can't fly straight forward or back?

Reaction score
Last time I updated firmware was in November .. haven't flown much since then ... but I've ALWAYS had this problem with the Typhoon H ... if I fly straight forward (or reverse) the camera is always at a slight angle, making it look like it's crabbing. Kind of like driving down the road, car going straight, but your head turned to one side slightly (eyes aligned with your head).

I fly with the pan knob straight and in the mode where the pan knob doesn't do anything ...

This effect is annoying when I want to fly directly at something (rock/hill/tree, etc) and say, I center that in the frame, and fly toward or away from it, with no input on any stick ... the thing that was in the center moves off center, like I'm flying away at an angle.

Correcting with the stick direction does not solve the problem.

The camera is not aligned with the nose of the craft.

How to fix?

Did you try recalibration of the camera under the calibration menu? I had something similar and that fixed it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The camera will have no influence of flight direction control, but the compass will. I'd start with another compass calibration. Also check the sticks center in the advanced controls menu. If the trims are off it will not fly a straight line. If that does not correct the issue a call to Yuneec would be the next immediate step.

I have tried that ... I do it fairly frequently ... but I can never get straight looking shots... I wonder if (lately) it is made worse by me changing the camera (I have one with stock lens and one with a Peau 8mm) and I do not do the calibration between each change .. maybe I should ...

I am just testing replacement unit I received 2 weeks ago and now that I read your post, I can say that this is happening to me. After I looked at my videos it's like going slightly sideways but it is not happening all the time. I need to test this more but it is cold outside so I am waiting for better weather.

Remove your camera.
Look closely at the spring contacts on the gimbal and the H. Some have reported that they get pressed down and do not make proper contact.
Make sure that the H is on a level surface when you do the gimbal calibration.

Also check to see if one of the 4 rubber dampers is loose on one side. With cam off, slide the protective cover up and look at them.

Interesting, i started getting similar issue several weeks ago. Mine will have the camera point forward aligned with the front of the H but the bird will always crab of j hook to the clockwise direction of the path of travel. I updated firmware and done countless compass calibrations and it still flies retarded.

I first noticed the problem when i would point the camera straight down and would fly along a straight path like a sidewalk and the sidewalk would slowly pan off the screen to the left due to the h drift to the right

Keep us posted on your progress.

There is a factory gimbal calibration that requires special software. If you replace the slip ring or other gimbal components you will most likely need this factory calibration.

Recently I had to send my gimbal in for this calibration because it was pointing to the right. Yuneec service centers have the software.

Another thing I learned is when doing a hardware calibration make sure the sliders and knobs are centered before finishing the process. If you leave the tilt slider in the top position when exiting the camera will tilt down.

Robbi,

Not all of the Yuneec service centers have the camera calibration software. I would call them first to determine they do or don't before sending in a camera for calibration. I know Terrestrial Imaging has it, and know of at least one that does not.

I have to say I got almost the same situation but mine drifts left hand when right stick is at straight forward flight.to get a straight forward flight i have to slightly adjust the h480 nose slightly right of dead center.

Robbi,

Not all of the Yuneec service centers have the camera calibration software. I would call them first to determine they do or don't before sending in a camera for calibration. I know Terrestrial Imaging has it, and know of at least one that does not.

Yeah I talked to the guys at Terrestrial and they were great. Unfortunately I had already sent my gimbal elsewhere what a hassle, but it finally got done. Next time I'll use Terrestrial.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop