Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I just crashed my brand new H

Reaction score
I'm a previous DJI Phantom 2 owner that has waited for two months to get my H. First few flights were awesome... I'm not an expert drone flyer, but not clueless either.

Today, I decided to try the team mode with my wizard. After flying with the ST16, I got accustomed to holding the red button down to land. I though I observed the same instruction for the wizard when I watched the videos, but apparently I didn't. I held the red button on the wizard when I was ready to land and watched in horror as the props froze in mid air and the bird dropped 15 feet onto concrete. Broken landing gear, snapped rotor arms, CG3+ in pieces.

This is obviously my fault, as I held down the button that stop the rotors in mid air... except... why the *^$% is there A BUTTON THAT STOPS THE ROTORS IN MID AIR??? :mad: This is particularly frustrating when the ST16 has a red button that results in graceful landings.

My RMA instructions were just sent, and the Yuneec rep was super helpful and courteous on the phone. I just can't believe this happened.

First let me say that sucks. The bad is you'll be without the H for a few weeks. The good is that it's eaisly repairable from what you described.

I believe the red button on the ST16 and Wizard have a similar action... they stop the motors on the ground or in the air. DJI has the same thing called CSC. It's a necessary feature in the rare case that your drone is out of control and can potentially harm someone.

Yeah.... I always thought the red button was for motor shut off.... not sure where you got it that it was auto land...

I believe the red button on the ST16 and Wizard have a similar action... they stop the motors on the ground or in the air. DJI has the same thing called CSC. It's a necessary feature in the rare case that your drone is out of control and can potentially harm someone.

Not on mine... I landed my unit several times by holding down the red button on the ST16. It gently lands the drone and shuts off the rotors only after landing.

Do NOT ever use the RED button on the controller to land.it shuts the controller OFF. PLEASE read your manual.i am assuming it works on the wizard also

I'm a previous DJI Phantom 2 owner that has waited for two months to get my H. First few flights were awesome... I'm not an expert drone flyer, but not clueless either.

Today, I decided to try the team mode with my wizard. After flying with the ST16, I got accustomed to holding the red button down to land. I though I observed the same instruction for the wizard when I watched the videos, but apparently I didn't. I held the red button on the wizard when I was ready to land and watched in horror as the props froze in mid air and the bird dropped 15 feet onto concrete. Broken landing gear, snapped rotor arms, CG3+ in pieces.

This is obviously my fault, as I held down the button that stop the rotors in mid air... except... why the *^$% is there A BUTTON THAT STOPS THE ROTORS IN MID AIR??? :mad: This is particularly frustrating when the ST16 has a red button that results in graceful landings.

My RMA instructions were just sent, and the Yuneec rep was super helpful and courteous on the phone. I just can't believe this happened.

Red buttons while in flight should be for emergencies only.
I don't have my H yet, but is it instructed to use the ST16 red button for normal landings? I don't think it is.
Also, there should always be an easy and fast method without confusion to shutting down the motors in flight or on the ground and
all systems that I am aware of have that option.
Red for a reason.
Sorry about the crash though:(

Not on mine... I landed my unit several times by holding down the red button on the ST16. It gently lands the drone and shuts off the rotors only after landing.
This unit has a return to home. Please use it. Do you like your H?

RED button = kill switch. It is bright red for a reason lol
This is why Yuneec should get the simulator running. Using the simulator with the ST10+ ground station you can try everything out and crash the virtual reality q500 instead of your actual q500. On the simulator when you hit the red "kill switch" the bird falls from the sky and crashes. Yuneec could save much heartache by getting the simulator updated for the H.

Reactions: Forrestt
This is why Yuneec should get the simulator running. Using the simulator with the ST10+ ground station you can try everything out and crash the virtual reality q500 instead of your actual q500. On the simulator when you hit the red "kill switch" the bird falls from the sky and crashes. Yuneec could save much heartache by getting the simulator updated for the H.

Still, people have to read the manual. Not Yuneec's problem
Or they can just keep crashing and throw money out the window or worse, cause accident and injury......then you are screwed

The only time to use Big Red is if you're 10-12" above the ground. It makes for a gentle landing of the H or the Q500.

Best way to land is with the THROTTLE, HOLD all the way down on touch down in 2 sec the motors will go to idle.
The and ONLY THEN hit the RED kill switch.
I feel for you,
I just broke 2 props this morning, MY fault, I was hot rodding around the trees in my yard and backed into a pine tree. About 1 foot off the ground.
Just checked my Wizard, red button has START/STOP written on it.
I hope Yuneec will get it repaired quickly for you.

Arducopter added a kill switch option. Using a Taranis assigning it to a switch and accidentally using it means instant dead weight crash. It's the self destruct option "just in case".

Reactions: JohnL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis