Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly Yuneec what kind of advice is that? Of course there is need to update, I want the new features and the CAA/FAA kind of insist on it. I just dare not!

Yes my thoughts!

Received Email from Yuneec USA, mine is now in the service center.
Wrote down all the serial numbers of the camera, H, and ST-16.
Also marked em with a UV pen. Curious to see what I get back.

Mine went back last week and I did the same thing. Crashed while doing a curved cable cam mission. I hope they simply replace it but I am not holding my breath.

Mine went back last week and I did the same thing. Crashed while doing a curved cable cam mission. I hope they simply replace it but I am not holding my breath.

When I talked with Yuneec on Monday, I was informed that they are on Back-Order for the TH in Service, so at the current time they are not doing replacements, only repairs. They did not have an estimate when they would have more H's in.

However, when I talked to sales, they have plenty. You would think they could transfer some in-house to take care of the defective units.

Hopefully they will have one soon so that you can get a replacement, and hopefully it does not have defective parts in it.

Good Luck and Happy Flying!

I have not yet updated to this latest version firmware, reason I have only managed two flights with the previous version 2.23 update and had no problems flying but with all the concern of flyaways I've temporarily grounded the H, until Yuneec have corrected these obvious errors in the firmware, after having my Q500 4K flyaway earlier this year I intend to play safe and not risk the H.

I just cant understand how Yuneec can say not many users have contacted them regarding this problem since updating the firmware, they must be inundated with damaged flyaways or lost H's completely.

They really need to respond to this issue and get their act together quickly or risk losing their loyal customer base.

I have not yet updated to this latest version firmware, reason I have only managed two flights with the previous version 2.23 update and had no problems flying but with all the concern of flyaways I've temporarily grounded the H, until Yuneec have corrected these obvious errors in the firmware, after having my Q500 4K flyaway earlier this year I intend to play safe and not risk the H.

I just cant understand how Yuneec can say not many users have contacted them regarding this problem since updating the firmware, they must be inundated with damaged flyaways or lost H's completely.

They really need to respond to this issue and get their act together quickly or risk losing their loyal customer base.

i don't think its a firmware problem. I had mine flyway on me.... and I'm pretty sure its hardware issue that was unearthed by the firmware updates.

Mine had a defective compass sensor that they have replaced and they have assured me that will take care of the issue.

My Q500 4 K that flew away had only just came back from Yuneec CS after having a new compass module fitted, and on the second flight it flew away, at 75ft altitude and 200ft distance I got a warning compass error on the ST 10+ display then it flew away uncontrollable, whilst they did a total replacement it knocks your confidence in the product and their service especially had it only just came back from them, they also said the same to me the problems solved and they allegedly said they had test flown it.

I hope you do not have the same problem that I experienced.

I have to agree with spark,
I know Yuneec will fix/replace my H.
I need to know it is trust worthy to fly out over water again.
You can best bet first flight will be tethered when I get it back.

I need to know it is trust worthy to fly out over water again.
You sir, are a much braver (and trusting) man than I;
You can best bet first flight will be tethered when I get it back.
LOL! I understand your misgivings entirely. I personally continue to maintain the belief that when flying out farther than say, 500m, my chances of getting my TH safely back to launch point are 1 in 2 (yeah, I meant 50/50!).:mad:

Updated to 2.24E yesterday, followed by compass calibration. First flight was awful- toilet bowl, compass errors, drift. In my haste to ensure TH was facing North for the calibration (just to be extra cautious), I had been flipping it front to back for the calibration. Slapped wrist.

Ran a 2nd calibration and the following two flights were fine- no compass errors or worrying drift/movements. However, issue with loss of DL video connection is still there when raising the legs. How has this been fixed for some and not others? Any other 2.24E users have the same issue still?

Couple of flights after installing the (E) version all went well. The 1 min 40 secs until video connection is still there (despite having the Pro with the extra and upgraded antennae) but I use the time to make absolutely sure all the switches are in the correct position. Loss of signal occurred a couple of times when raising the legs but not very time, once also when switching to global mode. Not every time however will keep an eye on it. All in all very pleased with the H Pro.

Updated to 2.24E yesterday, followed by compass calibration. First flight was awful- toilet bowl, compass errors, drift. In my haste to ensure TH was facing North for the calibration (just to be extra cautious), I had been flipping it front to back for the calibration. Slapped wrist.

Ran a 2nd calibration and the following two flights were fine- no compass errors or worrying drift/movements. However, issue with loss of DL video connection is still there when raising the legs. How has this been fixed for some and not others? Any other 2.24E users have the same issue still?

Where did you find the 2.24E? I just looked on Yuneec's site and it still shows the earlier version.

i installed this update. i already had sometimes trouble with loosing the camera connection. now i looses the connection time after time. i have not been able to fly for more than 1:40 minutes........ grrr. i am gone return my copter to the shop where i bought it for repair.

We are all kidding ourselves.
These is a serious problem with this platform and we are all on here guessing and testing and holding out hope this will be fixed

I'm on 5th replacement and now waiting on a compass module to do it myself.

They tell me the compass is sensitive and banging around in shipment etc. So they will replace it. Based on that conversation I ask how the pack the compass only for shipping and he says some bubble wrap and an envelope for shipping. I have not seen the back yet but expect to next week. If this part is so sensitive why the comment about the crappy picking when they ship it.

Comments we here about them not seeing enough people calling in with issues so they don't think there is an issue is also not accurate. Hey change there minds. They tell me to update to the latest firmware and then the next guy who calls not to do it.

I have done every thing I can think of to resolve this and nothing works.

I am open to fixing this and having it work. There is no hope in sight for me at this time. My q500 flies in the exact same locations with no issues. iPhone compass works perfect in each location also

The random jumps in speed and changes in height tell me there is big problems in some part of this. I don't care which one as it's Yuneec job to find it and fix it. Not the collective group of forum users world wide. They are not admitting to any issues and have made no progress on corrections to the issue

I will continue to test and try and understand this issue for another week then I have to stop. This product has taken all the joy out this hobby for me.

Reactions: Steve Carr
We are all kidding ourselves.
These is a serious problem with this platform and we are all on here guessing and testing and holding out hope this will be fixed

I'm on 5th replacement and now waiting on a compass module to do it myself.

They tell me the compass is sensitive and banging around in shipment etc. So they will replace it. Based on that conversation I ask how the pack the compass only for shipping and he says some bubble wrap and an envelope for shipping. I have not seen the back yet but expect to next week. If this part is so sensitive why the comment about the crappy picking when they ship it.

Comments we here about them not seeing enough people calling in with issues so they don't think there is an issue is also not accurate. Hey change there minds. They tell me to update to the latest firmware and then the next guy who calls not to do it.

I have done every thing I can think of to resolve this and nothing works.

I am open to fixing this and having it work. There is no hope in sight for me at this time. My q500 flies in the exact same locations with no issues. iPhone compass works perfect in each location also

The random jumps in speed and changes in height tell me there is big problems in some part of this. I don't care which one as it's Yuneec job to find it and fix it. Not the collective group of forum users world wide. They are not admitting to any issues and have made no progress on corrections to the issue

I will continue to test and try and understand this issue for another week then I have to stop. This product has taken all the joy out this hobby for me.

I'm with you on this one, the last two firmware updated has completely broken
my H and has made it unreliable.

The previous firmware I was happy with and have had hundreds of flights.

Certainly Yuneec can figure this out and if need be just roll back to
the working firmware.

I still have an open case with Yuneec and no solutions.

I cannot say I have had all these issues but a simple camera check out has taken as of Monday a month, I am going to be asking for a warranty extension of the total time the item was in house

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval