Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had 5 motor warnings (an issue Yuneec resolved), Lost GPS warning (Only when carrying the bird from the truck to launch with my hand over the GPS Sensors on top) and Low Battery Warnings, But they all made themselves know to me on the ST16.

It's kinda scary thinking I could be having issues bad enough to generate a warning in the logs and the first time I notice them is after a disaster. :(

I flew around the neighborhood after a complete recal and it seemed to fly "okay". I haven't used any of the auto pilot modes which seem (based on postings here) to be risky with the new firmware.

I did notice, after watching the H on the ground for about 5 minutes as I got the courage up to take off… The speed, when sitting on my driveway goes from "0" to "1" and then "5" MPH….. Wonder what that is all about.

So if I am reading all of this correctly,
Firmware 2.24 fixed some of the compass issues, but NOT all of them?
My H is at Yuneec for the compass issues from 2.23 firmware. They just received it last Friday so I do not know the out come yet.

Sometimes I think my H was a prototype used to prove out all the firmware LOL. I literally have had no errors or weird behavior since owning it. Other than my tantrum about the Journey operation (and still think it is dumb) it's worked flawlessly........well except that the camera was replaced after the first two days of flying. Oops, forgot about that.

I still find it odd how some have bugs and others do not. It's as if they are not using the same version boards/sensors or something.

I was informed today by Yuneec that the update was put back on the site this weekend and the current download listed is correct. They also stated that many of the problems reported on the forums are not being called to Yuneec. There CS reports to the programmers whenever they receive five or more occurrences of the same problem. If all the people complaining of Telemetry, Compass, and other errors on the forums, groups, etc, would also call Yuneec and report the problem, it would document the issues so they could be investigated by the programmers. I have called them on several issues and always get quick response and when available a quick solution. I do not have the number for the UK or Germany, but the US number is (844) 898-6332. Voice your problems here, but also voice them directly to Yuneec. If you do, then hopefully problems will be resolved quicker and then we can look forward to new enhancements.
Fly Safe!

I was informed today by Yuneec that the update was put back on the site this weekend and the current download listed is correct. They also stated that many of the problems reported on the forums are not being called to Yuneec. There CS reports to the programmers whenever they receive five or more occurrences of the same problem. If all the people complaining of Telemetry, Compass, and other errors on the forums, groups, etc, would also call Yuneec and report the problem, it would document the issues so they could be investigated by the programmers. I have called them on several issues and always get quick response and when available a quick solution. I do not have the number for the UK or Germany, but the US number is (844) 898-6332. Voice your problems here, but also voice them directly to Yuneec. If you do, then hopefully problems will be resolved quicker and then we can look forward to new enhancements.
Fly Safe!

I too found this to be very interesting. Seems like the people that don't have problems rarely do develop serious problems with upgrades and others that are problematic seem to be always problematic till something is fixed/replaced.

I think it comes down to "quality control" or lack of. Sure they all use the same parts, but its the quality of those individual parts as well as the construction of all those parts into a working system. Maybe the tolerances aren't tight enough. A component may be on the edge of a spec and by itself won't negatively affect the bird. BUT enough parts that are riding the edge of acceptable specs may be enough to push that entire component, say GPS, out of spec...

Sometimes I think my H was a prototype used to prove out all the firmware LOL. I literally have had no errors or weird behavior since owning it. Other than my tantrum about the Journey operation (and still think it is dumb) it's worked flawlessly........well except that the camera was replaced after the first two days of flying. Oops, forgot about that.

I still find it odd how some have bugs and others do not. It's as if they are not using the same version boards/sensors or something.

Reactions: JohnL
There is definitely something wrong with one of the components across a lot of these H's...

Mine flew off the other day. They started the RMA process without even looking at the logs, and told me that the compass unit would need be replaced at a minimum based on my description of what happened.

They're never going to admit to a widespread problem - but there are obviously a good number of H's experiencing the same issue - and it sounds like its a bad component.

it would be nice if the users that have somehow a working H can verify whether they have a "good" compass/gps unit or a bad one...

Andy

Reactions: THoff
One of the main issues is that there is a growing user-base and each and every one of us is coming from such a wide scope. Some of us have been flying for a decade or more, some of us from as little as the past 12 months (or less). When we get our hands on a 'new' piece of equipment, we each approach it with our level of experience - very hard to diagnose a problem when the user base is so varied.

Compass/GPS issues for example: how may users have actually waited (after the calibrations) for the initial 10-20 minutes for the GPS almanac to be downloaded to the frame prior to any real flying? and (to be fair) where is this stated in the documentation??

Having a lot of experience with Pixhawk, I can say with 100% certainty compass issues can be as simple as a magnetized screw (installed with magnetic screwdriver) nearby the compass that will wreak havoc. It doesn't take much. DIYDrones is rife with examples of compass errors caused by this. Where is the compass located on the H?

Even the GPS units with an integrated compass that use ferrous metal screws/nuts doubles the potential problem since Pixhawk uses two compasses by default, many would turn off the internal compass on the Pixhawk which stopped compass variance errors that were causing odd behavior.

Whenever I build a copter I make sure all screws/nuts are either non-magnetic SS or plastic that are near the compass.

I'm not saying this is the problem on the H, but is worth looking into. When the firmware is updated, the devs could be changing the code that increases/decreases the sensitivity to improve heading estimates depending on the amount of interference. If anything like Arducopter, the GPS and compass work together to compare heading estimates; I have no idea how Yuneec's code works.

It's becoming clear to me at least, not all H's are created equal.

Reactions: THoff and ArnhemAnt
One of the main issues is that there is a growing user-base and each and every one of us is coming from such a wide scope. Some of us have been flying for a decade or more, some of us from as little as the past 12 months (or less). When we get our hands on a 'new' piece of equipment, we each approach it with our level of experience - very hard to diagnose a problem when the user base is so varied.

Compass/GPS issues for example: how may users have actually waited (after the calibrations) for the initial 10-20 minutes for the GPS almanac to be downloaded to the frame prior to any real flying? and (to be fair) where is this stated in the documentation??

There is something VERY wrong with a good number of these units. They are taking them back, no questions asked. If you pay attention you see that a large number of VERY experienced multi rotor users are experiencing flyaways and other madness This has nothing to do with experience.

There is something VERY wrong with a good number of these units. They are taking them back, no questions asked. If you pay attention you see that a large number of VERY experienced multi rotor users are experiencing flyaways and other madness This has nothing to do with experience.
From the suppliers point of view, it is much easier to assume the responsibility.

My first H recieved first part of Jun 2016 had the toilet bowl, a fly away into bushes & several bounce crashes with prop breakage. It was frustrating. Funny thing was it seemed fine for the first few flight but gradually got worse. Went to support they replaced the GPS and came back just as bad like they never tested it. Went back a second time and they sent me a brand new ST16 and H (flight log showed initial tests in China mid June so I would assume a later build then my first). It flys flawlessly even thru the FW updates. Not one issue so far. From reading all the stories I see a definite issues with some and I've been on both sides of the aisle. Hopefully they get this worked out for everyone.

I made 2 flights today (I am with the very last version) all only in "Angle mode".
No problem during the 2 perfects flights but into the first logfile I found 25 compas errors 32, but no one with the second flight that was in the same place!
I send the 2 logfiles to the US support ......... wait and see.

I made 2 flights today (I am with the very last version) all only in "Angle mode".
No problem during the 2 perfects flights but into the first logfile I found 25 compas errors 32, but no one with the second flight that was in the same place!
I send the 2 logfiles to the US support ......... wait and see.
Do you recall if you activated the landing gear at the time those errors occurred? I've seen 20+ in a row like that but it seems to happen when the landing gear is activated and lasts roughly 1 second.

Could be the timing but not sure.
What I am sure is I made the same sequence during the second flight without error.......

I too have the old firmware Wes. I asked the same question to Yuneec usa : they answered:
If you are not having any difficulty with your drone there is no need to update, the decision is entirely at your discretion.
Honestly Yuneec what kind of advice is that? Of course there is need to update, I want the new features and the CAA/FAA kind of insist on it. I just dare not!

I updated to 2.24, the only issue I had was switching to photo mode made the live video feed crash. This was fixed with a reset of the camera settings.

So far so good. Nothing to report home about. I haven't checked the logs for errors yet, will do that later today.

Received Email from Yuneec USA, mine is now in the service center.
Wrote down all the serial numbers of the camera, H, and ST-16.
Also marked em with a UV pen. Curious to see what I get back.

Reactions: Brent

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss