Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bian,
Don't hold your breath. Mu H has been in the service center for over a week now.
2 weeks if you want to include time it sat in their warehouse before going to the service department.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
i installed this update. i already had sometimes trouble with loosing the camera connection. now i looses the connection time after time. i have not been able to fly for more than 1:40 minutes........ grrr. i am gone return my copter to the shop where i bought it for repair.
My opinion just install standard version even you are in Europe, and just followed the rules LOS

Just so people here are clear about GPS even though nothing has been said by Yuneec in their documentation and regardless of how many satellites are showing on the ST16, wait before your first flight. People have mentioned how quickly a Garmin GPS gets a position. A Garmin seems to have two channels, and it multiplexes them among the satellites it's searching for. Other receivers have more physical channels, so the can do more parallel searches which are quick. Most drones don't do this. A cold start, factory default will take the most time on all GPS receivers. If the almanac has been erased, each GPS satellite sends down approximate, abbreviated satellite orbital elements called the almanac data. -

A complete GPS almanac download takes 12.5 minutes, to be sent. Manufacturers typically claim the factory TTFF (Time to first fix) to be 15 minutes from a cold start. 4 Satellites at a minimum are required for a 3D fix.

A cold start is assumed if the GPS hasn't been used for a while or has been started several hundred kilometers from its last position.

A warm start is when current almanac, initial position, and time are all valid. Ephemeris data is either invalid or only partially valid. Time-to-first-fix is likely to be 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on satellite availability and the type of GPS receiver.

A hot start is when the receiver has been off for less than an hour, time-to-first-fix will likely be 5-20 seconds.

If the GPS has been recently used you should get a fix almost immediately. If it hasn't, put the GPS outside with a clear view of the sky and wait 15 minutes. 12.5 to be exact.

Personally just today after I powered on my H, the ST16 displayed the GPS lost message twice while I was waiting the initial 12.5 minutes. Not once after the initial 12.5 minutes did I receive the GPS lost message. If however your H is indoors or blocked from clear satellite view you could still get the GPS lost message after the initial almanac download.

Greg

Just so people here are clear about GPS even though nothing has been said by Yuneec in their documentation and regardless of how many satellites are showing on the ST16, wait before your first flight. People have mentioned how quickly a Garmin GPS gets a position. A Garmin seems to have two channels, and it multiplexes them among the satellites it's searching for. Other receivers have more physical channels, so the can do more parallel searches which are quick. Most drones don't do this. A cold start, factory default will take the most time on all GPS receivers. If the almanac has been erased, each GPS satellite sends down approximate, abbreviated satellite orbital elements called the almanac data. -

A complete GPS almanac download takes 12.5 minutes, to be sent. Manufacturers typically claim the factory TTFF (Time to first fix) to be 15 minutes from a cold start. 4 Satellites at a minimum are required for a 3D fix.

A cold start is assumed if the GPS hasn't been used for a while or has been started several hundred kilometers from its last position.

A warm start is when current almanac, initial position, and time are all valid. Ephemeris data is either invalid or only partially valid. Time-to-first-fix is likely to be 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on satellite availability and the type of GPS receiver.

A hot start is when the receiver has been off for less than an hour, time-to-first-fix will likely be 5-20 seconds.

If the GPS has been recently used you should get a fix almost immediately. If it hasn't, put the GPS outside with a clear view of the sky and wait 15 minutes. 12.5 to be exact.

Personally just today after I powered on my H, the ST16 displayed the GPS lost message twice while I was waiting the initial 12.5 minutes. Not once after the initial 12.5 minutes did I receive the GPS lost message. If however your H is indoors or blocked from clear satellite view you could still get the GPS lost message after the initial almanac download.

Greg
Good information Greg. Do you know if we can see the HDOP (horizontal dilution of precision) quality on the H? I am used to flying Pixhawk flight controllers and this value is on the on screen display. Just wondering. With all the GPS talk on this thread.forum I haven't heard anything about HDOP.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Good information Greg. Do you know if we can see the HDOP (horizontal dilution of precision) quality on the H? I am used to flying Pixhawk flight controllers and this value is on the on screen display. Just wondering. With all the GPS talk on this thread.forum I haven't heard anything about HDOP.

It's in the log files - but not visible in real time during the flight.

Reactions: Brent

Dinglehead is correct, it's not on the ST16 display. If however you connect the H with the USB cable to your Windows notebook and run the H GUI, you can see the HDOP. Remember, the lower the better.

Maybe @Tuna will incorporate such a feature in a future version of his fine app?

Watch this space ;)

I'm not going to be able to offer real time display very soon, but the next release of Flight Center should have deeper log analysis, including HDOP

Watch this space ;)

I'm not going to be able to offer real time display very soon, but the next release of Flight Center should have deeper log analysis, including HDOP
Can't wait. What you've done with Flight Center is awesome.

Greg

Wouldn't it make sense to have a static RTH location that is settable prior to takeoff?

i.e. I power up the bird, wait for ~12 minutes as prescribed above, then have the ST16 allow you to program the "H" home location. Then in the event of losing ST16 connection, it would return to that location instead of trying to return to a lost ST16? Clearly if the "H" loses its location and thinks its in China (some theories have floated that this is where it believes home is when lost) this would not help....

Well, that's interesting!
My TH did always fly well until know (crossfingers).
I did an upgrade on Saturday, just to avoid possible problems, seen other posts.
Upgraded copter only to Autopilot v1.27 and camera to 3.2.15E.
Now I see that on Yuneec official repository they are already to v1.28 and 3.2.16E.
Would be nice to have a complete firmware revisions history.

By the way here is a short report.
Tested on Saturday, after recalibrating everything (accel, gimbal, compass). Did a take off and LG up, no wifi loss yuppie!
Landed, switched off and on again (only copter), but this time the camera was no more connecting. I had to rebind it. After that no wifi loss.
On Sunday I did three flights, but at first the ST16 asked for an immediate landing in angle mode and compass recalibration (was still on ground!). Never seen that. Consider that the flying fiels is at 5km from house and I did a calibration the day before. Well redid it and no more problems, but:
I went a little far (700m) to record video of a quarry and at a point the TH did a 180°, toward home like it was a failsafe condition (was in angle mode), I tried to point it again to the quarry, it yawed at some degree and redid the yaw toward home, buit stopped there. I triggered then an RTH to see if it was behaving normally and then returned home manually.
I have to check if there is trace of a failsafe condition, but have to say I went the double of that distance without any loss, with previous firmwares.
In all those flights I had only one wifi loss because of the LG, but at beginning, with the very first firmware, I never had any loss.

Ric

Edit: forgot to mention that at Yuneec seems they heard my desires. Now I reached a speed of 47km/h in angle mode, while before hardly did go over 40. Controls are more aggressive too, seems a racer now.

Last edited:
Hi John, did you find the updated F/W?

Firmware

Shows up as 2.24(EU) for me.

Cheers.
A new update for the H was released today. Includes fixes for Compass issues. Only had time to fly one battery. Flew well with no issues. Held stable under Medium winds with strong gusts. Good Luck to All. Flay Safe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop