Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Installing and testing RealSense module on early Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I know there's already a lot of videos showing how the RealSense works, but there's not a lot about how to fit the RS module into a regular H; most videos come from models with the RS included so installation is overlooked. As usual I wanted to share my own experience with the H with all of you.

A couple of days ago I received my RealSense module and, (just as I did when I replaced the power distribution board on my unit) I set up my camera and recorded the installation process in case anyone is interested. It is a fairly simple process, but still I wanted to document and share it with you as a form of contrubution to the information about the TH.

Now, it turns out that something interesting happened on this particular experience.. When I tested the H right after installing the RS module, something went wrong (don't worry, no crash and no damage at all), however this was not an issue about the H itself but rather it was caused by me and so I felt it was just fair to be honest and try to explain in detail what happened instead of pointing my finger at yuneec or simply leaving it out and pretend nothing happened.

Anyway, in order to keep things simple I decided to divide my experience in 2 videos; the first one shows how I installed the RS and tested it. The second video explains why I didn't mention the failed test right after the installation.

I hope the second video makes sense to you, I also hope this is useful or at least interesting for you guys, I like to make this kind of simple videos to share my honest experience with the H (I don't like to just pick on the good things and skimp on the bad, specially when I'm aware that I was responsible for a malfunction)

I hope you all have a very happy new year!!

Greetings!

1) RealSense unboxing and Installation:

2) Problems (erratic flight) after installing RealSense & Solution:

Reactions: h-elsner
Thanks for sharing this experience. I have learned a lot from this. The cables are usually twisted to have maximun supression of interferences and a defined/correct impedance. This may take effect also to other sensors like compass (magnetometer) or pressure, GPS and so on. Not only YTH, also others.
Very important. Good to give a heads up for this. Thanks.
Happy New Year to all.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval