Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting facts

Reaction score
I don't know about you but I have noticed when I launch my typhoon H 480.
the higher you get it upon launch the more stable it seems to be. In other words if I launch it 8 feet off the ground it tends to drift to the left or right more.
has anyone else noticed such Behavior ?
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
The times my H would drift near the ground I could usually find a possible source of magnetic interference.
Maybe a vehicle or rebar in the concrete or nearby iron objects.

That very well could be so many factors to factor in.
Keith
PS I noticed once I take it way up slowly bring it down to the area I launched from it seems to be a bit more stable but I just like to keep an eye on it just in case

Reactions: NWSaint
I was told years ago: "Always Fly 3 Mistakes High"
Yes - Always take of in Rabbit Mode using 3/4 Throttle and Climb to around 30 Feet and maintain initial Hover, the Higher you will lesson the effects of Prop Wash....;)

Last edited:
the higher you get it upon launch the more stable it seems to be. In other words if I launch it 8 feet off the ground it tends to drift to the left or right more.
Keith Kuhn

The biggest part of what you're experiencing is called ground effect. That's due to the air from the propellers hitting the ground and bouncing back up. I notice that the ground effect is much more severe when I use composite propellers as opposed to the OEM plastic propellers.

The biggest part of what you're experiencing is called ground effect. That's due to the air from the propellers hitting the ground and bouncing back up. I notice that the ground effect is much more severe when I use composite propellers as opposed to the OEM plastic propellers.

Well I use OEM props.
But I'm sure there are many
variables. All I know is that
I don't want to crash it .
Keith Kuhn

I find it hard that many find instability close to ground hard to understand.

To make understanding as easy as possible, pick up a house cooling fan. Turn it on the highest setting. Carry the fan towards a wall with the air flow from the fan aimed at the wall. At what point does the moving air bounce back and hit you in the face? From far away or from points closer to the wall?

I find it hard that many find instability close to ground hard to understand.

To make understanding as easy as possible, pick up a house cooling fan. Turn it on the highest setting. Carry the fan towards a wall with the air flow from the fan aimed at the wall. At what point does the moving air bounce back and hit you in the face? From far away or from points closer to the wall?

Hello Pat I think it's more of a satellite issue rather than prop wash.
But I'm certainly no expert.
All I know is what my drone does and how I have to keep an eye on it very close.
It could even be a tree issue I really don't know.
Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn
Sorry can't agree many times I've took mine up to no more than 6-ft and she's as solid as A rock

Sorry can't agree many times I've took mine up to no more than 6-ft and she's as solid as A rock

I guess you're one of the fortunate ones.
Like I say lots of things to consider could be something in the area at launch from I don't know.
It does seem as though each drone has its own little differences.
Keith Kuhn

Keith. I have watched some of your videos. In certain directions you have a lot of trees. I cannot fly mine in an area like that . Gps comes and goes too much. I bet you don't have that trouble ina wide open area. Just a thought.I moved my gps to external mount and tried the brownie tin behind my antennaes. Made a world of difference. See captain drone tip 5. I think. Keith C.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
You may be correct about the
Trees. The next time I fly I
will go to where there are
Less trees for a test.
I also purchased the offset
For my God.
Mainly so I would not get the
Message for GPS calibration.
I don't know if it really helped or not.
Keith Kuhn

I keep an eye on my satellites.
Keith

Same here, I think it's a GPS Calibration Issue.
I think the GPS is still updating even after it says "Ready". Time is your friend. Don't rush the launch.
That said, magnetic interference from objects on or in the ground and ground effect prop wash are also valid issues that will effect stability.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I think the GPS is still updating even after it says "Ready". Time is your friend. Don't rush the launch.
That said, magnetic interference from objects on or in the ground and ground effect prop wash are also valid issues that will effect stability.

That very well could be still loading GPS perhaps

I fixed my tree magnet feature.
It was in the ST16 right stick.
A loose operating nut... :cool:
I still have to deal with steel concrete rebar and a nearby truck.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval