Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just bought a Q500 4k, any tips?

Reaction score
Is there anything you wish you had known when you first got started flying this thing? (I have a ton of experience on DJI Phantom 3/4, Mavic Pro, Autel Evo, and FPV quadcopters, so I already know that practicing is very important. :)) Thanks, guys.

The Q500 is older technology but one of the most reliable quadcopters ever built. It is easy to fly and is a stable camera platform. It is not a long distance aircraft and not a speedster. Think B-17.
Most new users have issues with the video feed and which may cause you to loose orientation. If that happens, switch to Home mode until you regain your orientation and then switch back to Angle mode.
Don't take off in Smart mode unless you are 30' away.
Don't launch until you have 13 sats locked on the Q and 8-10 on the ST10.
Remove the camera for your first few flights until you feel comfortable flying and landing.
The Q does not return to the takeoff point. It returns to the controller and will land about 15' away "in the line of flight".
In Smart mode it is automatically in follow me mode. If the controller moves, so does the Q.
The 13" props cause a lot of ground effect when landing so it will bounce below 3' above the ground. If you have trouble landing bring it down to about 12" above the ground, then press and hold the red button until it lands and the motors shut down.
Be prepared to land when the battery voltage reads about 10.7 volts. Don't wait for the low battery warning.
Spend some time looking through the posts in this section:

Reactions: biltno
Steve couldn’t have said it any better. Most important..: watch as many videos as you can. Concentrate on flying first and then install camera. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed

Is there anything you wish you had known when you first got started flying this thing? (I have a ton of experience on DJI Phantom 3/4, Mavic Pro, Autel Evo, and FPV quadcopters, so I already know that practicing is very important. :)) Thanks, guys.
Everything that everyone has said is great advice. Want to have a bit of fun with your Q? Disable the GPS and fly it in manual mode. It turns a nice docile aircraft into a bit of an animal! Yes really, I have seen the speed hit 45mph in manual mode and the angle of attack (and the sound it makes) is amazing! I see you have plenty of experience flying drones, so once you've go used to the Q, give it try.... Go on, you know you want to....

Reactions: Shuggins69

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval