Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Gear Problem on my 'H'..

Interesting. In hindsight, you might have made the supplier send you a replacement, most will do DOA's without hassle.

I had a leg motor assembly that I had to replace because the leg had broken off right at the housing. Out of nosiness, I later took the old one apart, and successfully put it back together, but with difficulty. Ingenious design. Note that several USA suppliers sell replacement parts like that one.

Did you try taking the one you are going to replace apart?
Yes yuneec is sending me two new modules...and yes I took one apart...It now works...but am reluctant to rely on it.

[Quote = "Mojoe35, mensaje: 39205, miembro de: 2713"] He instalado la última actualización del firmware y todo parecía ir bien. Sin embargo, esta noche me iba a hacer un vuelo de prueba y cuando me quité y hasta aproximadamente 10 pies AGL, que conmuta el interruptor de engranaje, pero no se retractó del engranaje. Uno de los engranajes movidos alrededor de media pulgada y no hay movimiento en el engranaje opuesto. Moví el interruptor en la posición hacia abajo y la una hacia moví de nuevo la media pulgada. Aterricé sano y salvo y miraba todo. No vi ningún problema visible e hizo un segundo despegue y tuvo los mismos resultados en la cota aún más alta. Aterricé de nuevo y cerrarlo todo. No he visto a nadie más con este problema hasta ahora.

¿Ideas ??? [/ quote]
If I happened to lu same but I moved the landing gear switch (up / down) many times and it was unlocked

Yesterday I had my left retract fail to go up. After checking the retract unit I discovered that the wire connections to the motor were badly soldered and one of them came loose. I guess I'll e-mail Yuneec and advise them to up the QC on the retract modules. I had about 35 flights on this unit so that's a bit of a quick breakdown.

Go back and read my first post. Yes Yuneec is going to send me a new gear module, hopefully, both as when I called them both were bad.. That is the only reason why I took the one apart. When I get the new module I will take the second one apart and try to repair it also, and keep it as a spare, just in case. I understand this issue has been a problem for many, yet the customer service agent at Yuneec said he had never received a call about landing gear problems before. Yes the design is quite interesting to say the least. And, is difficult to work on because of its small size and my big hands...LOL But not impossible as I have already found out.

Yuneec is not first responsible. The seller is.

Send it back as it seems to have more then one issues, confirmed issue is landing gear.

No way I'd go about with spare parts and tools on some 900$ stuff that is only a few days old and does not work properly out of the box. Use your rights.

Cheers!

Hi All. Same issue here. Brand new Typhoon H and the landing gear just won't retract. Not outside at decent elevation or using the indoor upside down trick. So I took a crack at fixing..

There are only two hex screws on each side that holds the antenna as well as the landing gear assembly. I unscrewed the hex screws, then VERY carefully, rotated the antennae out of the way and used a bit of painters tape to just keep them securely out of the way.

Then I removed both landing gear assemblies. looked them over and everything seems fine, so for grins, I swapped sides. Doing this seemed to get one partially working, it moved about 10 degrees. The other side wouldn't move at all. I tried over and over to the same effect. I swapped them back, and neither would move ??? Strange.

So, I took the assembly that wouldn't move at all, and removed the 5 Philips screws and removed the cover to make sure the internal wires were connected, and they were. I then put the cover back on, and compared the two assemblies. I noted that the unit that partially worked seemed to be not as tightly assembled as one I just disassembled.

I'm not sure this is 100% sound long term, however, on the faulty side I loosed each of the 5 about 1/2 a turn. When I put both sides of the landing gear back in, they both worked !! Not sure what sort of witchcraft happened here, but they now seen to be working? I broke three (THREE) arm clips today in a low battery mishap, so I'll try again in flight in a few days. Happy flying!

I'm not sure this is 100% sound long term, however, on the faulty side I loosed each of the 5 about 1/2 a turn. When I put both sides of the landing gear back in, they both worked !! Not sure what sort of witchcraft happened here, but they now seen to be working?
They usually get jammed during shipping since the landing gear is supporting the weight. And as you discovered, when they are new the mechanism is very tight. You did the right thing. After the gear gets "broken in" you can pull it back out and tighten the screws and it will probably continue to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech