Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

last file from camera is unrecognized

Reaction score
3 flights in on my new H and every sortie produces 3 or 4 files. The last one of each checks as video file (mp4) but I get the pop up that windows media player can't recognize it. the others play fine and, BTW, look great.

Reactions: LWS Drone Freak
3 flights in on my new H and every sortie produces 3 or 4 files. The last one of each checks as video file (mp4) but I get the pop up that windows media player can't recognize it. the others play fine and, BTW, look great.
When the last file doesn't work it usually means the recording wasn't stopped before the H was powered down. Put the card back in the camera and snap a picture. Then power down and recheck the card to see if the video file closed properly.

Thanks!
That was it. That also explains why I could see a couple of early ones that were not viewable initially.
I have read everything packed with the unit and viewed a number of youtube videos and that was something I had not picked up from any of those places. Product documentation is not what it used to be.

Last edited:
Thanks!
That was it. That also explains why I could see a couple of early ones that were not view initially.
I have read everything packed with the unit and viewed a number of youtube videos and that was something I had not picked up from any of those places. Product documentation is not what it used to be.
The manual provides enough info to get in the air. Everything else I have learned here.

Reactions: rdonson
I am loving this H. My P4 is a nice unit when I'm not replacing cracked pieces but it is boring. It looks boring. It is not as involving to pilot as the H. My little boy within just likes 6 props and the retractable gear. The 360 cam is icing on the cake. I also admit to being jazzed a bit by the resemblance to the full on professional camera toting platforms. The challenges of figuring out everything it can do from you guys and others is ahead.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The manual provides enough info to get in the air. Everything else I have learned here.

Of interest, perhaps, is that much info useful for the Typhoon H but missing from the documentation can be found in Typhoon 4k and 920 manuals. Things like stopping video before shut down and battery care are present in the other manuals.

I am loving this H. My P4 is a nice unit when I'm not replacing cracked pieces but it is boring. It looks boring. It is not as involving to pilot as the H. My little boy within just likes 6 props and the retractable gear. The 360 cam is icing on the cake. I also admit to being jazzed a bit by the resemblance to the full on professional camera toting platforms. The challenges of figuring out everything it can do from you guys and others is ahead.
@aber57
I'm glad to here you are jazzed up about the H, it also turns heads. There are many tutorials about video's, snapping pictures and many other "how to's" right here on this forum. There are many wise people that will help you, but always look in the search forum first to find you question/s:cool:
What part of the world are you from?
By the way it would be nice if all folks would list what area they reside.:)

@aber57
...<snip>...
By the way it would be nice if all folks would list what area they reside.:)
I agree with this. When offering advice it sometimes matters where a person with a problem is for the right advice to be given. For example, the differences between EU firmware and standard firmware, help with the legal side of things. It would also be nice to know where a pilot is so I can dream of being there too:)

When the last file doesn't work it usually means the recording wasn't stopped before the H was powered down. Put the card back in the camera and snap a picture. Then power down and recheck the card to see if the video file closed properly.
You can also put your card in your computer and call up properties for the USB drive (on a PC) and choose tools then select error checking and run it. It will finalize any files that are read as corrupt. Just did this last week when I shut down the 16 prior to the H a couple of times.

You always turn the camera off first, before shutting down the power, other wise it can't finalize the video, I have done that several times.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20