Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest from Yuneec....Australia

No...I'm just reading all the threads now to get up to date and don't know of any other people in Oz looking at this.

Like you have found, there is not much help from websites in Australia. This appears to be the best forum to find out information.

Hopefully all will be revealed over the week or so?

We'll have to keep in touch... And you're right, not a great deal of help locally...Lots of aspects that are of interest.... Two things come to mind... Local clubs that have a multicopter membership, my ones here are fixed wing with 1 or 2 helicopters.... And the other thing is insurance... Any thoughts?

BTW, have just sent a blast to Yuneec about the anomaly of the US getting their stuff shipped today, while rest of the world has to wait until "sometime in May "
Asked them what the problem is, and wasn't our money good enough.
(Just got the standard response "Thank you for messaging,blah blah, shipping will start next week ")
They just hit the same button for any delivery date email.

We'll have to keep in touch... And you're right, not a great deal of help locally...Lots of aspects that are of interest.... Two things come to mind... Local clubs that have a multicopter membership, my ones here are fixed wing with 1 or 2 helicopters.... And the other thing is insurance... Any thoughts?
I'm just waiting to get my CASA controller's certificate and operator's certificate for my company then I will get insurance. There are some drone specific insurance brokers out there. They can be found on the web if you Google drone insurance.

I'm just waiting to get my CASA controller's certificate and operator's certificate for my company then I will get insurance. There are some drone specific insurance brokers out there. They can be found on the web if you Google drone insurance.
I was just about to get my CASA controllers certificate last week until I read about the changes coming late September. Saves my a few thousand dollars. Awesome

I am mainly going to be using the drone for real estate photography

I've got my controllers certificate and now just need the operators certificate......my line of business is more construction and engineering orientated.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Make that 4 :) .... Still weighing up my options as to whether I jump now and buy a Q500 4K .... or wait and grab a H. Unfortunately other commitments prevented me from pre-ordering.

Anyway I will be watching with great interest to see how things evolve :D

Cheers :cool:
Hi OzCougar, where abouts are you in the great brown land?
I'm in Melbourne

Another fool in Victoria here...... waiting.
This thing will be awsome guys. No more props in shot. LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of 360 deg rotating gimbal.
So glad I walked out of the shop without the P4 last week. Just hope we will have repair centers in each state.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
I was just about to get my CASA controllers certificate last week until I read about the changes coming late September. Saves my a few thousand dollars. Awesome

I am mainly going to be using the drone for real estate photography

Hang to your horses about CASA changes as it may not go through without changes. If you want to do Commercial work you will need a UCC to get insurance.
The laws is for micro drones so under 2kg.

Fremantle, WA here. Can't wait to fly one of these birds! Only worry is distance if you get 2500ft from controller in urban is a bit low.

From NAB 2016

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval