Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maiden flight down, questions!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got my Typhoon H today and did some light flying and tested the camera. Sorry if there already is a thread for this, i didnt see it.

Everything seems to be in order for the flight side, but i do have some serious questions regarding the image.

First and foremost: why is the dimensions on the dng different than in the jpg? I shot dng + jpg and my jpgs are a good 4000x3000 while my dngs are mere 2000x1500?! is there a menu somewhere that i should tinker? also, dng filesize is still good 23MB :)

Is there anywhere where i can create picture profiles? I would like to fix sharpening and things like that before i start working with this properly.

Thanks for all help, it is needed.

Oh, and an other question. About file naming: Where can i get filenames to roll forwards regardless of sd changes?

I can't explain the file size differences you mentioned, but I do know the kind of camera settings/profiles you're looking for are not available. You are limited to only those settings that appear when you bring up your H's camera settings via the ST16. And those settings that are routinely accessed based upon daily shooting and lighting conditions (ISO, shutter speed, exposure) have to be reset every time you power things down and then reboot your system, too. Those settings are not held in memory for the next flight, so you may want to jot them down to maintain image consistency between flights and shoots if they are intended to be cohesive.

Of course, your camera setting choices will depend upon which mode you are in: video camera or still camera, accordingly.

Oh, filenames. No way to make them continuous. The counter is reset back to the beginning every time you insert a microSD card after removing it to download your last, most recent batch of files. It's best to establish and maintain an orderly image filing system that make sense to you and works to avoid overwriting files that will invariably have the same names as earlier files have, too.

Thank you for this saddening reply. Ill take Tim Gun's words and make it work :)

No problem. I'm sure you'll make it work for you.

After a while, getting your H's camera settings just right, consistent, and done quickly on the go between startups will become second nature for you and won't take up too much valuable flight or battery time.The results, however, are always well worth it. Yep, it's not a perfect system, but despite that I'm sure you'll agree that the Typhoon is still one heckuva powerhouse filled with near-unlimited possibilities that plateau only with a drone pilot's imagination and his or her learned abilities in the air.

Safe flying, and fun filming and photographing! Please consider posting some images here when you can of what you capture. Myself and others here are always interested in seeing another pilot's approaches, their flight environment and scenery, and what they come up with using their Typhoon.

You can also put a picture on the card and name it for the card number. i.e., card one would have a starting pic of YUN00100.jpg and card two would have YUN00200.jpg. The camera will sequentially number the pics based on the picture on the card.

I found out what was wrong with my raws. The raw viewer that i use on my editing machine wants to see them as 2000x1500 even though they actually are 4000x3000, weird :D

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval