Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Modified rig to attach 360 camera to Typhoon a success

Reaction score
Wanted to share some fun and awesome content. Just modified a camera rig to hold one of my 360 cameras. Worked like a champ and the content was really good quality. True 360, not using gimbal control.

The H performed so well it did not want to land, : )

Here is link to the 360 output

Panono 360 Camera 16k

Also a shot of the rig

Reactions: Puxnstx and kd4pbs
That's really sharp. I like how well it resolved the Typhoon H above.
Me too. I could have photoshop out but this was just test flight for COG test and load. All pass. This is a great tool for shooting quick 360 one shot camer, no manual stitching, work via wi-fi

Pretty cool. The resolution is better than I expected.
I suspect you had trouble killing the motors because you pulled down on the landing gear. If you hold it at the same height you grab it then they will likely shut down faster.

Pretty cool. The resolution is better than I expected.
I suspect you had trouble killing the motors because you pulled down on the landing gear. If you hold it at the same height you grab it then they will likely shut down faster.

Thanks for the tip. Will practice that manuver

Though I have been quiet for some time on hand catching, I must make 2 suggestions to increase your safety, painta:

1) If you are going to use this technique, catch at a higher hover. As others have said, you do not want
to pull down on the H, so the motors don't rev up. But you also have to balance the H, once it goes
limp when the motors shut off. If you reach up to grab the H at 7-8 feet, you can hold it straight arm.
That way you are keeping the H well above your head.

2) Grab right at the T of the gear as Bee suggested, but from the inside of the H, so the center of gravity
is directly above you. It will be easier to balance and hold on to resist the tendency to roll, once the motors
kick out.

Thank you and yes Good advice. Actually my first time handling this way to be honest as it was a test. And yeah the engines reved (sp) up as you said. It wanted to fight me which is a good sign that it can handle the weight. Although my camera does not weigh much more than the 3GPO, But costs almost twice the drone.

But result was good test and now I can fly with more confidence with that rig. Also just got another to test the 360 video camera. This is without gimbal requirement. Just rigging up tripod mount to H.

Nice. Love the Webste BTW. Especially how the drone shadow scrolls on the page. Good content too.

Just found this thread. May I ask how you attached the Panono?
That would be much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval