Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Modify the default wifi channel

I bought the breeze in the USA and unfortunately I discovered that in Europe the WI-FI channels were not visible. I solved the problem with the uncompressed "firmware.bin" as described in this discussion. I am very happy, thanks to all of you.
(apologize my bad english)

I bought the breeze in the USA and unfortunately I discovered that in Europe the WI-FI channels were not visible. I solved the problem with the uncompressed "firmware.bin" as described in this discussion. I am very happy, thanks to all of you.
(apologize my bad english)

Your English is fine!

I see you are new - Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for searching and finding the answer instead of just posting and asking for help. Hope you enjoy your new Breeze.

Hello, Breeze-mates.

New Y. Breeze owner here.
I'm more or less in the same scenario that previous poster enzobor: purchased the Breeze on USA, but I'm from the EU region (Spain), so I have the same wifi connection issues with my phone (my phone does not "see" the Breeze wifi hotspot).

I've found this thread and at first I was excited, hoping I could flash the firmware posted in the first page for solving the issue. Nevertheless, joy was short because Yuneec seems to have shut down the firmware file from their server. If I try to download the file at: http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/firmware.bin I get a "AccessDenied" error page.

Any idea if there is another alternative donwload site (or another solution to this region issue)?

Regards

L.

P.S: Sorry for necroing an old post, but after searching I've been unable to locate a newer thread that talked about this same issue so well.

Hello again.

Looking in a thread for another issue with wifi login to the Breeze ( Breeze WIFI/Internet Login ) I found a google link for downloading a firmware.bin file posted by @DoomMeister . I assume this file is the same that is linked in the first page of this thread.

Could anyone confirm me please if this is the case? (Im a bit paranoid about bricking my brand new drone with all this firmware flashing, even before being able to fly it once...)

Regards

L

That file on @airborne ’s Google Drive is the one for Europe that improves connection issues by allowing use of the lower channels of the 5 GHz band.

Be sure to read the procedures for flashing via usb download from the PC.

Reactions: airborne
Hello again.

Could anyone confirm me please if this is the case? (Im a bit paranoid about bricking my brand new drone with all this firmware flashing, even before being able to fly it once...)

Regards

L

Hi Locksley,
Just for your peace of mind, I did upload this file and it is an unmodified copy of firmware.bin I downloaded from Yuneec whe it was still avaiable. As the link to my Google Drive is read only the file should be pretty safe ;).

Regards
airborne

Hi Locksley,
Just for your peace of mind, I did upload this file and it is an unmodified copy of firmware.bin I downloaded from Yuneec whe it was still avaiable. As the link to my Google Drive is read only the file should be pretty safe ;).

Regards
airborne
That's great! Thanks. :)

One more question. Once I've flashed this "europe" firmware provided, I have to stick with that 'old' version without updating, or the automatic update process of the Breeze Cam App will bring the firmware up to date to the most recent, but retaining the "europe" region for the updated wifi channels?.

Regards

Last edited:
That's great! Thanks. :)

One more question. Once I've flashed this "europe" firmware provided, I have to stick with that 'old' version without updating, or the automatic update process of the Breeze Cam App will bring the firmware up to date to the most recent, but retaining the "europe" region for the updated wifi channels?.

Regards

As I understand it, at present you want to deny Breeze Cam access to cellular data while flying so it won’t update to the latest firmware. When not flying and WiFi is active don’t activate the update firmware button in the info portion of settings or it will download the ‘bad’ version of the firmware again.

@airborne and others in Europe would have a better understanding. So follow my advise above until they confirm yea or nay.

As I understand it, at present you want to deny Breeze Cam access to cellular data while flying so it won’t update to the latest firmware. When not flying and WiFi is active don’t activate the update firmware button in the info portion of settings or it will download the ‘bad’ version of the firmware again.

@airborne and others in Europe would have a better understanding. So follow my advise above until they confirm yea or nay.
Roger that!

Thx!

Technical background: WiFi in the 5GHz range can operate in a lower (around 5.1GHz) and an upper (around 5.8 GHz) band. Early versions of the breeze cam firmware in Europe and the notorious "firmware.bin" let the breeze use the lower frequency range.
Some older mobile phones can operate WiFi at 5.1 GHz only. If you happen to have one of those you have to stick with firmware.bin or cam firmware version prior to 0.1.39 (if my memory serves me right). The reason behind using the lower band first might be that the regulations for this band are quite similar in the US and EU. The upper band seems to be less tricky in the States regulationwise. In Europe manufacturers have to take care of weather radar and adaptive TX-output. It seems safe to assume that Yuneec took care of Europe only as late as Q1 of 2017. One might remeber the hiccups with the "sticky" indoor/outdoor mode. Up to today binding of the breeze to an android phone might take as long as 120 seconds even with the most up to date firmware.
So in my opinion it can make sense to stay with the firmware provided by "firmware.bin" and use the lower band at 5.1 GHz. This is especially true when your phone refuses to bind at 5.8 GHz.
Some might want to experiment with different firmwares that can be found here thanks to user freeze. If something goes wrong one can safely revert to "firmware.bin" and start anew. A note to Yuneec: Yes there is a lot to be fixed - Intermittend loss of WiFi just to be highlighted as the most annoying example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech