Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H FPVLR KIT 9,000ft + and video

Reaction score
I have a YouTube channel and I've been doing the several videos I'm going to post more later with the stock antennas I did about 3800 feet over water with no obstructions in between and with the fpv LR kit I did over 9000 feet got to my destination and turned around I have yet to actually test its limits if anyone is wondering about the lag no matter what you're at least going to get about an eighth of a second lag check out my videos on YouTube. Peter piontkowski

Welcome Peter! Your videos have been posted in other threads. Here are the two discussing the FPVLR

By the way, what are the dimensions of the case you modified to fit the Typhoon H?

Reactions: Denali Dude
Okay, I'm seeing B&H lists it as 19.2 x 19.3 x 13.8" which is too big for carryon baggage as is the Yunnec backpack.

**** that sucks yeah I definitely would not want them to put it under the plane I would want to take it as carry on for sure I'm going to Florida in 2 weeks to spend a week on a private island so hopefully I will have my extra batteries before then

Welcome Peter! Your videos have been posted in other threads. Here are the two discussing the FPVLR

Holy smok'n drone balls Batman! That is utterly slack jaw amazing! Thank you for posting! I get my FPVLR tomorrow. Oooo-eee I'm almost beside myself in anticipation.

Holy smok'n drone balls Batman! That is utterly slack jaw amazing! Thank you for posting! I get my FPVLR tomorrow. Oooo-eee I'm almost beside myself in anticipation.
I am not a salesman for itelite-DBS or in anyways affiliated with them, but for "LESS" money you will fair better in all dimensions with a DBS. I have both for my P4, and in same location have tried both in same weather conditions. Nothing personal Peter, but just my experience! So unless FPVLR has a magic wand difference over Yuneec than DBS, I'll save money in me thin wallet !;)

S
I am not a salesman for itelite-DBS or in anyways affiliated with them, but for "LESS" money you will fair better in all dimensions with a DBS. I have both for my P4, and in same location have tried both in same weather conditions. Nothing personal Peter, but just my experience! So unless FPVLR has a magic wand difference over Yuneec than DBS, I'll save money in me thin wallet !;)
So the DBS is better signal in all directions?

S

So the DBS is better signal in all directions?
Better in distance Yes, better in "all" directions, About the same! I will not pass judgement on either with the H, till I have tried both on those platforms. And I have only as of yet ordered the DBS, and received yesterday and I am pleased. Remember that with Lightbridge(DJI) you are going to get better distance either way !

I agree with D.C.,I'm having my second one installed over the wknd on another st10 and will no doubt do the H soon.Easier on the wallet way more than enough range,and I'm also not affiliated with Dbs,just impressed.

For me, the price difference of $15 is a non-issue. I want whichever works best. A lot of folks loyalty seems not based on actual experiences so I want to test for myself and have both headed on their way to me with the FPVLR arriving today and the DBS later in the week (I hope, shipped by First Class Mail, not Priority).

For me, the price difference of $15 is a non-issue. I want whichever works best. A lot of folks loyalty seems not based on actual experiences so I want to test for myself and have both headed on their way to me with the FPVLR arriving today and the DBS later in the week (I hope, shipped by First Class Mail, not Priority).
No loyalty here my friend, proven facts! If you like the FPVLR better, I'll buy the DBS from you at double the cost, with proof of purchase!!! lol !, fLY sAFELY MY friend !;)

No loyalty here my friend, proven facts! If you like the FPVLR better, I'll buy the DBS from you at double the cost, with proof of purchase!!! lol !, fLY sAFELY MY friend !;)
Proven facts? I've seen no facts - give me range reports with screen shots. :p
BTW, you paid too much for your DBS, mine was $8 less than yous! :)

Reactions: DroneClone
Proven facts? I've seen no facts - give me range reports with screen shots. :p
BTW, you paid too much for your DBS, mine was $8 less than yous! :)
My word is my honor, and I have videos but if you want to come on over and watch them, come on over my friend! cause I am not spending one hour downloading the bastards! when my word is as good as GOLD !;)

Less money, more inferior product, when you get your DBS and have both, write home to papa here and let me know your facts from first person usage! Harvey, I am not downing FPVLR, just know what works for me is all that matters! Maybe the air there in Cali with all the smog and dust cropping pollution, makes the FPVLR work better with all the particles ! LOL !

All I know is the Dbs,15$ is certainly not a factor.Im curious of a side by side,I agree with D.C. Cause we have in private discussed the DBS,the FPVLR was never mentioned,in fact I hadn't known about it.

Proven facts? I've seen no facts - give me range reports with screen shots.

Ditto. Now I think I'll wait to open my FPVLR until I see some results from those more experienced on here. If the dif is signif. then I'll return the FPVLR and buy the DBS.

Ditto. Now I think I'll wait to open my FPVLR until I see some results from those more experienced on here. If the dif is signif. then I'll return the FPVLR and buy the DBS.
M8, try it, the are good antennas the FPVLR's, I just prefer the DBS. If I want a Corvette I buy a Corvette, not a Mustang, both great cars, but I'm a Chevy man !

My concern is, how easy is it to take on and off? The FPVLR's seem like simple twist ons that can be unscrewed and placed possibly where the landing gears go, but the DBS looks huge... is there room in the case for it?
I'm itching to buy one or the other so I hope we can see a comparison soon :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval