Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Antennas for Typhoon H?

If the H does indeed get out over 2500' with clear signals, that's good enough for me. I try to keep them in sight so long range antennas are an expense I don't need.

Thanks for the heads up as HAL mentioned Ming suggest LHCP, as well as a couple other people not sure where that information came from. Like Hal wonder what ITElite setup is I'll email them now that I have this information.
itelites are awesome, just got mine a hour ago and went 1000 feet further and had room to go, but chickened out on my new baby

itelites are awesome, just got mine a hour ago and went 1000 feet further and had room to go, but chickened out on my new baby

Hey DC are you saying it went 1000 feet further than the rated distance? If so how was the quality of the video?

Thanks,

Gary

Reactions: Hobby Drone
Hey DC are you saying it went 1000 feet further than the rated distance? If so how was the quality of the video?

Thanks,

Gary
It went a 1000 feet farther than my stock antenna's flight max I was getting, Is what I was referring too my friend!, Man that was a oldie post! LOL ! I have now since gotten over a mile and a half !, Shed my chicken feathers quick!:rolleyes:

DC, does the DBS add any significant weight or top-heavyness to the ST16?
Not at all to me!, it is actually very light, the panel is mostly hollow, just looks heavy! ****, with the weight of the ST16, I don't even notice the difference ! LOL, Fly Safely My Friend!;)

Reactions: Haydn
Here is a list of the antennas that 'Ming' tested - He said that No. 3 was best

Test 5 difference antennas on Yuneec Typhoon H
1. Stock Typhoon H antenna
2. Immersion 13dBi Left Circularly Polarized Patch antenna.
3. Immersion 8dBi Left Circularly Polarized Mini Patch antenna.
4. Immersion LHCP Left Hand Circular Polarized. SpiroNET 5.8GHz circular polarized antenna.
5. TBS Triumph antenna Remark: Right Hand Circular Polarized which is positive of Typhoon H CGO3+.

So I just got the third option. This will increase my flying distance correct? Yes im a noob when it comes to antennas. Thx

So I just got the third option. This will increase my flying distance correct? Yes im a noob when it comes to antennas. Thx

Yes, the 'Immersion 8dBi Left Circularly Polarized Mini Patch antenna' is way better than the Stock Antenna (H Advanced) but it is 'Directional'. I never get Video Dropout now. I have flown out over the Ocean 8000+ft with no problems.

Reactions: Firman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval