Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Drone, new camera? ION L1 Pro For Yuneec H3

"The battery system has been improved to include an additional safety mechanism that indicates whether the battery is properly engaged. "
So those upgrading (or is that side stepping) to this system will need to buy new batteries coz their old ones won't fit. I'm getting tired of these games.

Reactions: oliver and CraigCam
Jpeg hyperlapse and a fixed aperture is not acceptable for a $2200 drone. They arent targeting professionals, they are targeting instagram users. If the camera is not usuable on either the 520 or H plus, they will lose the fan base of those who did spend 2k already for a "professional" drone.

This is why DJI owns the market.

As much as it hurts to say - this is exactly right. I have been a big fan of the Typhoons but the lack of backwards comparability across the lineup of the cameras specifically, and to a lesser point - the batteries; is getting to be a sore spot. With the Plus using different software than the 480 it was somewhat understandable but the H3 is using the same as the Plus it appears.

Jpeg hyperlapse and a fixed aperture is not acceptable for a $2200 drone. They arent targeting professionals, they are targeting instagram users. If the camera is not usuable on either the 520 or H plus, they will lose the fan base of those who did spend 2k already for a "professional" drone.

Agree, they have to make it compatible with the H520. It's missing a proper photography camera. Being able to bracket images etc would be a great addition to the survey and inspection capabilities found with the E90 and E50.

Well, I ordered yesterday an Autel EVO , the news arrived too late but I do not regret it, the EVO would be more transportable during my trips in the mountains.
I am in mourning, I have just lost my Inspire. A bend too wide and the sudden suction of the cliff were fatal for him.

So those upgrading (or is that side stepping) to this system will need to buy new batteries coz their old ones won't fit. I'm getting tired of these games.

They cant win surely. Either they improve the design (and lose compatibility) or they continue with the slightly flawed design they have and a bunch of new people get caught out by it.

They cant win surely. Either they improve the design (and lose compatibility) or they continue with the slightly flawed design they have and a bunch of new people get caught out by it.
IMHO to those experienced pilots who know how to properly and securely insert the battery an '...additional safety mechanism that indicates whether the battery is properly engaged ' is just a gimmick and an excuse to make current batteries incompatible. If the new batteries gave an appreciable extra time in the air over and above that achieved by the current H+ batteries then that's fine...I'll buy that...but I doubt it (could be wrong though, and if I am I'll hold my hand up).

I’ll take the same path I did with the Plus. Wait until there are real pilots flying them and sharing the shortcomings of the new bird and camera. There are still features my H has that the Plus doesn’t. Given my history with Yuneec even if initial reports are good I’m most likely to wait 6 months and several firmware updates before seriously plunking down any $$$.

Keep in mind I’m just an enthusiast who makes no money from my drones. I am a devoted photographer though who occasionally shoots video. I see my drones as video platforms.

No the battery is the same as the h520 and the H +, an internal detector must be put. It's not their interest to make a new battery.
Making a single battery model for three different models is more cost-effective than launching a new manufacturing. And god knows if this battery is already lapped.

Specified : Additional security mechanism to detect the correct insertion of the battery

Now it would be good to bring the Curve Cable Cam on the H520.

Reactions: Mostbestus
No more battery detachment threads![emoji16]

As long as a battery remains a separate and detachable part of the aircraft there will be those that fail to secure it properly. As history as shown, the blame will always be levied against the aircraft and manufacturer.

Never forget there are people that can consistently screw up a wet dream.

I agree the only people this is likely to attract are the current crop of potential Plus buyers who may hold off to get one of these.

Yeah, I’m on that boat, been eyeing the plus for a while, still have my Typhoon H and still love it!
This one looks good to me, however I’m anxiously watching the price of the H plus, if it drops I’ll be more pressed to go that route.
I’m also watching Autel, I would be more motivated to go with an Evo when they finally release it with a 1” sensor camera.

Reactions: Rubik and Ty Pilot
As long as a battery remains a separate and detachable part of the aircraft there will be those that fail to secure it properly. As history as shown, the blame will always be levied against the aircraft and manufacturer.

Never forget there are people that can consistently screw up a wet dream.
It was a sarcastic comment!

No the battery is the same as the h520 and the H +, an internal detector must be put. It's not their interest to make a new battery.
Making a single battery model for three different models is more cost-effective than launching a new manufacturing. And god knows if this battery is already lapped.

Specified : Additional security mechanism to detect the correct insertion of the battery

Now it would be good to bring the Curve Cable Cam on the H520.
Perhaps more will become apparent when it's released and reviewed etc.

Hate to say it, but the largest segment of photography is owned by the Instagram/social media/ hey, look at me crowd. DJI panders to the same group, a group that is a large part of DJI’s success.

Being totally candid, we need to separate professional drone photographers from “professional” photographers. Pro photographers don’t employ consumer level drones for large portions of their work. For them a consumer drone is an accessory used to obtain views or shots that could not be otherwise obtained.

From there we need to recognize the differences between the amateur/semi pro and serious, dedicated professional drone photographers. Consumer drones are a good fit for the amateur-semi pro group while the dedicated professional drone photogs tend to employ higher quality, wider versatility equipment than provided with low to mid level consumer drones. That starts at the Inspire level, which is also where things like the 920, M series, and other larger format cameras come into play.

As long as the cost of a camera drone, with camera, remains less that the cost of just a good camera body we might want to consider consumer drones just a glorified version of the average level point and shoot camera.

Bit like when you buy a new DSLR.

Yea, but with the DSLR, remaining within brand, you can often keep using your previous lens collection, tripods, sliders, lighting, and other items. If buying a new brand you can often obtain adapters to utilize old lenses.

Yuneec is following DJI’s unit upgrade practices. Any new feature needs a new platform to carry it.

Yeah, I’m on that boat, been eyeing the plus for a while, still have my Typhoon H and still love it!
This one looks good to me, however I’m anxiously watching the price of the H plus, if it drops I’ll be more pressed to go that route.
I’m also watching Autel, I would be more motivated to go with an Evo when they finally release it with a 1” sensor camera.

I think the old adage; 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' is very relevant here. For the H3 to supplant my Plus the camera would have to be a HUGE improvement and I don't see that happening, that and perhaps a little more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi