Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to forum and Yuneec

Reaction score
Brand new to flying quads, flew RC planes when I was a much younger man. Ironically I never heard about Yuneec Drones until I stopped in to my local hobby store in Syracuse, NY to buy a Phantom 3 Professional when he immediately turned my on to the 4K. Came back home and compared the two. Needless to say my 4K will be here this week. Excited to be part of the community, will let you all know when it arrives!!

Jim

Welcome to the club Jim. I was in the same boat deciding between the two aircraft. I'm happy with my choice of the Q500 4K.

If you have ANY questions, post them. You'll get help and answers. The one thing I'd really suggest is that you learn about LiPo batteries. They're not the same old rc batts.
Learning about LiPo batteries | Yuneec Drone Forum

Have fun and take your time learning. This drone and Steady Grip are fun!

Reactions: Jimmer
Thank you. Ironically I need some serious help in the battery/charging department. I will check out the link you provided.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum Jimmer. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

Hello from Rochester. :)

Ha! I appreciate the help guys. I have done 2 10/10 charge/discharge then it started raining. Always tomorrow.

Fleamac- apparently the decision between the (2) quads was easier for you... i ended up buying a P3 as well, it arrived today also. Think I am bit??

Hi Jim and welcome. I'm new here and to flying drones as well. Recently picked up a Typhoon G and looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.

Another new pilot here.
Bought mine from Best Buy. It was both bad and a good experience. Bad experience became a blessing in disguise later on. I will elaborate more on that later.

My Q500 4K arrived within days of ordering. I didn't get a chance to go through a lot of anxiety attacks waiting for it to arrive. Spent my time trying to learn to hover with my also new, Syma X5C-1. Finally when the Q500 arrived, took my time unboxing looking and reading. Probably studied more about LiPo batteries than I did studying and learning about the drone itself. I wish I hadn't because little by little talked myself into buying a Graupner Polaron EX Combo. Now I am out about $1700 for my first serious drone and I don't even know how to fly yet!! Extra props, prop balancers, other knick knacks started arriving all the while I am hiding the big aluminum box and the shipping carton in my home office.

My wife who works for FedEx, is questioning why I am so bent on helping out UPS and USPS so much. It seems every other day she is headed to work she is seeing an UPS truck headed down our driveway. She wants to know what is it that I am building. How do I tell her, I am not building anything. It is already built and sitting in the room she very seldom goes into.

Finally worked up the nerve to getting it out of the box and playing with it without the props..
DISAPPOINTMENT NO:1.Dead on Arrival.
Spent about an hour and a half on the phone with the folks at Yuneec, and the conclusion is........Bad Pressure sensor. Will not even give me the magical blue light,Wouldn't stop beeping. They advised me to return it back to Best Buy for the exchange and for a replacement

DISAPPOINTMENT NO:2 They no longer have the configuration with the two batteries and the aluminum case in the store OR in their system. No longer available!!

to be continued...............

Aytac "TURK" Ercen
Dover/Tampa Florida.

Another new pilot here.
Bought mine from Best Buy. It was both bad and a good experience. Bad experience became a blessing in disguise later on. I will elaborate more on that later.

My Q500 4K arrived within days of ordering. I didn't get a chance to go through a lot of anxiety attacks waiting for it to arrive. Spent my time trying to learn to hover with my also new, Syma X5C-1. Finally when the Q500 arrived, took my time unboxing looking and reading. Probably studied more about LiPo batteries than I did studying and learning about the drone itself. I wish I hadn't because little by little talked myself into buying a Graupner Polaron EX Combo. Now I am out about $1700 for my first serious drone and I don't even know how to fly yet!! Extra props, prop balancers, other knick knacks started arriving all the while I am hiding the big aluminum box and the shipping carton in my home office.

My wife who works for FedEx, is questioning why I am so bent on helping out UPS and USPS so much. It seems every other day she is headed to work she is seeing an UPS truck headed down our driveway. She wants to know what is it that I am building. How do I tell her, I am not building anything. It is already built and sitting in the room she very seldom goes into.

Finally worked up the nerve to getting it out of the box and playing with it without the props..
DISAPPOINTMENT NO:1.Dead on Arrival.
Spent about an hour and a half on the phone with the folks at Yuneec, and the conclusion is........Bad Pressure sensor. Will not even give me the magical blue light,Wouldn't stop beeping. They advised me to return it back to Best Buy for the exchange and for a replacement

DISAPPOINTMENT NO:2 They no longer have the configuration with the two batteries and the aluminum case in the store OR in their system. No longer available!!

to be continued...............

Aytac "TURK" Ercen
Dover/Tampa Florida.

Turk,
I would have lost it. I had no trouble out of the box. I have had the same number of UPS/USPS/Fedex vehicles at the door however!! Yuneec customer service is awesome. When all is made right and you are flying it will be great. Getting ready to go out now and fly for a bit. Nice days here in Upstate NY few this time of year. No snow but a bit windy. I chose the Hyperion 720i charger. I use a 45 amp 12V power supply and can charge 2 batteries at 10.8 amps in little over an hour. Graupner P/S is a good choice. Anxious to see what you think!!

Jim

Saga continues.....

Since replacement for my YUNQ4KPUS (which included 2 batteries and a case) was no longer available at any of the Best Buy stores or on line, Best Buy offered to exchange it for one without the aluminum case. It wasn't a matter of "not available now" but not available. period!! They were pretty nice about it and I was too anxious to get my hands on one so I agreed to exchange it for what they had. I can't remember the model number but the Customer Service assured me they were the same other than my replacement Q500 4K would not come with the aluminium case.I go to Best Buy, exchange one for the other and I get back home.

When I open the box, I discover I not only don't have a case, I also do not have a second battery. Considering the case is worth about $120 and a spare battery is another $100, I don't see how it is fair to donate $220 to Best Buy or Yuneec.

Back to Best Buy I go, and talk to them about the missing items. It didn't seem like an open box. It was pretty much sealed so there is no foul play I can see. They don't have another one to open and look to compare for the missing battery or to take it out of the box and hand it to me to make me whole. . We look on line, check to see what all is supposed to come in the box and determine that it only comes with ONE battery. It is a good thing, because I wouldn't want someone to accuse me of having taken the battery myself. I am relieved but I am still out $220 of goodies.

Manager gets involved and decides to make it right by ordering me a new battery free of charge. I accept it and go home.Somewhat happy until I realize I am also missing the AC Charger and the USB/Mini USB cable that charges the ST10+ AND I also do not have a Micro SD card. I have the adapter but no card!! It is not in the camera, it is not under the cover in the ST10+ . There is also no plastic tweezers that could come in handy to reach for the GUI cable as well as to place the Micro SD card in the chassis inside the battery compartment in the ST10+

That is when I decided enough was enough and got a full refund and came home empty handed.

That lasted about 2 hours. STILL wanting buy a Yuneec and not ready to take my frustrations on the company I decide to order ANOTHER one. That is going to be my third unit in less than two weeks.
Yuneec Q500 4K showed up today. You would think that would be the end. Right?

WRONG!!! Stay tuned for part 3.

Dude. Maybe you shouldn't get one. You've got some bad mo-jo going on here. The way things are going, you're the one who'll be on the news due to a 'fly away' causing something horrible. :eek:

Can't wait for part 3.

It's a trilogy! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz