Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newby with a issue question

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a uses Typhoon HPro from a guy in the Army that couldn't fly much due to restrictions. I powered the unit up and did all of the calibrations, binding and preparation for flight. Drone flies great. gets great telemetry, but I'm having sporadic video. Even at 25' off the ground. All connections look clean at the gimbal connection point. I looked at some of his videos ( still on the card) and they are okay. I have taken a few myself ( my 1st drone) and have great quality in the stills and video. Any suggestions on finding the solution to the problem?

Video on the card won't be affected, it's just the transmission signal getting corrupted. Try your antenna connections (the middle one) and make sure they are tight, you may have to remove the washer on the thread section on the ST16 tighten the nut back and screw the antenna back on, it seems some bottom out before they are completely home and causes video connection problems.
If it's EU firmware this is a common issue, not on US version.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Thanks, I do remember reading that somewhere in a forum. I'll try that. I also made sure that I had the latest download updates on the software which he had installed previously.

I just recently purchased a uses Typhoon HPro from a guy in the Army that couldn't fly much due to restrictions. I powered the unit up and did all of the calibrations, binding and preparation for flight. Drone flies great. gets great telemetry, but I'm having sporadic video. Even at 25' off the ground. All connections look clean at the gimbal connection point. I looked at some of his videos ( still on the card) and they are okay. I have taken a few myself ( my 1st drone) and have great quality in the stills and video. Any suggestions on finding the solution to the problem?
Here's the latest manual if you already don't have one for the H

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
Here's the latest manual if you already don't have one for the H
Thanks, I will print it out tonight at work. Although I am new to drones, I have had a lot of fixed wing, rotating wing and paraglider experience. I appreciate all of the help that you get from an active forum as this one seems to be. I look forward to other questions and suggestions from those of you that have had your wings.

Top Wilson
USMC Ret
1975-2008

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

We are proud of our community of pilots here and look forward to your active participation.

Also a salute from a USAF vet. 1979 - 1985.

Keep us informed of the video stream issue from the camera to the ST-16. There could be problems with antenna connectors in the camera and or ST-16.

Last edited:
Are you using the mushroom antenna for the video signal? If so make sure it's pointed straight up. Also note when the H is directly overhead it will have poor video transmission. When it's farther away the signal will improve and then get weaker as the distance increases.

Are you using the mushroom antenna for the video signal? If so make sure it's pointed straight up. Also note when the H is directly overhead it will have poor video transmission. When it's farther away the signal will improve and then get weaker as the distance increases.
It is the mushroom in the middle. I tried it quickly before the sun got low and it did keep the signal after I removed the washer and tightened the connector. I'll try more tomorrow and post the results.

Good work. Obviously, any trees in the way of the signal will also affect it. There must be a clear line of sight between the H and the ST16.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Does the samething apply to the TY-H 480 ?
I use the flat antenna.
Not the mushroom one.
Thnx Keith

The flat antenna must be kept aimed at the drone. It’s directional while the mushroom is omni directional. The two “stick” antennas should be oriented at right angles to the drone. Ideally they would also be angled 45* towards the ends of the controller.

Thanks, I do remember reading that somewhere in a forum. I'll try that. I also made sure that I had the latest download updates on the software which he had installed previously.
There's been no new updates to the firmware since March 2017 so anyone acquiring a TH now it will almost 100% have the latest firmware unless the previous owner acquired it before then and didn't see the need to update it...see below.

However, even if it doesn't have the latest firmware it will still fly just fine. There is never an overwhelming pressing need to update the firmware on the TH if the aircraft is otherwise flying fine.

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

We are proud of our community of pilots here and look forward to your active participation.

Also a salute from a USAF vet. 1979 - 1985.

Keep us informed of the video stream issue from the camera to the ST-16. There could be problems with antenna connectors in the camera and or ST-16.
And a salute back from another USAF vet 1974-1980

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson