Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Part of landing gear came off....

Reaction score
I had a crash today. I had just taken off and the Breeze drifted into my charcoal grill. It was only about three feet off the ground when it hit. The inside of one of the landing gears popped off. Inside, there is a small electronic card of some sort and a wire going back up into the motor. I thought I'd snapped everything back in place, but on my next flight it apparently came off and both the little plastic piece that snaps onto the landing gear and the electronic card and wire are now missing. Everything seems to still work, the Breeze still flies, but I'm curious what I'm now missing. Does anyone know what that little card and was? Thanks.

I take it it was the front landing gear from your description... if so you have lost one of your control antennas by the sounds of it. That would mean that you are much more likely to lose control signal to the craft when it is in certain orientations, so I'd look at getting that fixed before you fly again ideally. Yuneec themselves should be able to help you if you contact them, or you can search 'breeze landing gear' to find any dealers that stock them. I found a few, but all were out of stock right now unfortunately.

The front legs of the Breeze contain the WiFi antennas (the small PCB) with wires that attach at the board that also has the USB connector. The rear legs do not have those wires. The antenna and landing gear can be purchased and replaced, or you can send it to a repair facility.

Well, it appears I lucked out. Standing at the rear of the Breeze, with the camera facing forward, the landing leg in question is the right rear. So, it appears that my accident caused two of the gears to have problems. The one I fixed, with the antenna, is holding. I've ordered replacement landing gears. I think I'm going to put a piece of tape around each gear to hold that piece together...EDIT: Since I realized that two of my landing legs had the same problem, I decided to search again on my patio where the crash occurred. Sure enough, the missing piece was under my charcoal grill. I've reinstalled it and put tape around each leg to hold those pieces together. But, I've also ordered a pair of landing gear while they are still available to have them as a backup.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder