Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Passed my 107 Knowledge test today!

Reaction score
Well Gang,

Now after years of waiting I finally have a clear "no-loophole needed" way to charge for my aerial services! It helps to have been flying since 1987 and filming from helis and drones since 2005. Now onward and upward....after the test results post to the FAA and they process my temp certificate....ugh, what's a few more days?

Peace!
Anthony

Reactions: AML and rslighting
Well Gang,

Now after years of waiting I finally have a clear "no-loophole needed" way to charge for my aerial services! It helps to have been flying since 1987 and filming from helis and drones since 2005. Now onward and upward....after the test results post to the FAA and they process my temp certificate....ugh, what's a few more days?

Peace!
Anthony
Congratulations on your achievement, This is quite an undertaking.

Well Gang,

Peace!
Anthony
And pass a DOT background check! Which I know you will! Great job! Been doing the same on my 333, but I am taking the test Saturday as well!

Well Gang,

Peace!
Anthony

Congratulations.

Passed mine today (Tues Aug 30th) :)

Have to wait about 48 hours for FAA to get info and then run background checks.

Man, I am so impatient!!!!!

Passed it today, Aug. 30th and yeah we gotta wait for the paper work, and with so many taking it nationwide it may be longer than we would like.

Congratulations to all that have taken the course and passed it, and Best wishes for those about to take it.

Reactions: DroneClone
Passed it today, Aug. 30th and yeah we gotta wait for the paper work, and with so many taking it nationwide it may be longer than we would like.

Congratulations to all that have taken the course and passed it, and Best wishes for those about to take it.
Sept 3 for me! Congratulations to all!:D Was it hard? what you all expected?

I would say not hard , but certainly not easy, if you have prepared yourself and studied then you should be fine. One question that I have heard several people did not know the answer to was how long to you wait after being convicted for growing pot. that you can apply for your PIC lol yup that was a question 1 year.. hope you been doing good , been awhile since we talked take care and best wishes on the test,

I would say not hard , but certainly not easy, if you have prepared yourself and studied then you should be fine. One question that I have heard several people did not know the answer to was how long to you wait after being convicted for growing pot. that you can apply for your PIC lol yup that was a question 1 year.. hope you been doing good , been awhile since we talked take care and best wishes on the test,[/QUOTe
I have studied the Sectional charts, weather(metar) and classes of airspace and UAS rules and regulations! Should that be enough? Inversion layers, cloud types. But never head of the 1 year "wee" thingy! LOL! Good to hear from you again!:rolleyes:

I have studied the Sectional charts, weather(metar) and classes of airspace and UAS rules and regulations! Should that be enough? Inversion layers, cloud types. But never head of the 1 year "wee" thingy! LOL! Good to hear from you again!:rolleyes:

Yes that should DC,, I cannot say what type of questions you may get as they are pulling from a base of several hundred, I have heard some had several questions on finding the locations of certain areas, most of mine seem to be the basic safe operations guidelines for the drones, several on weather, who to contact for updates, a few on symbols and what they mean. I think anyone that does not have a pilots license of some sorts and takes the time to seriously study the things you mention DC will do fine. One thought I have had about the whole process is , there are a ton of people that are true test takers, they can look over something take a test and pass it. However it is totally another thing to put all the legal, safety practices etc. to work. basically you still are going to have those that do pass the 107 and still fly where they are not supposed, do crap that is illegal etc. etc. and that can and will give us good pilots a bad rap. GOOD LUCK ON THE TEST DC, you will do fine my friend, catch up later

Yes that should DC,, I cannot say what type of questions you may get as they are pulling from a base of several hundred, I have heard some had several questions on finding the locations of certain areas, most of mine seem to be the basic safe operations guidelines for the drones, several on weather, who to contact for updates, a few on symbols and what they mean. I think anyone that does not have a pilots license of some sorts and takes the time to seriously study the things you mention DC will do fine. One thought I have had about the whole process is , there are a ton of people that are true test takers, they can look over something take a test and pass it. However it is totally another thing to put all the legal, safety practices etc. to work. basically you still are going to have those that do pass the 107 and still fly where they are not supposed, do crap that is illegal etc. etc. and that can and will give us good pilots a bad rap. GOOD LUCK ON THE TEST DC, you will do fine my friend, catch up later
Thanks Dean, Respect is all what it is about! Have a good one!:)

Most, well at least ½ of mine were on charts and referencing the book, I was surprised that I passed with that.

I fully intend to get the upper hand on those bloody things!!!

I hate being beat lol

Most, well at least ½ of mine were on charts and referencing the book, I was surprised that I passed with that.

I fully intend to get the upper hand on those bloody things!!!

I hate being beat lol
Half! Wow! They state on FAA site 11-14% ! Really !, I hope I don't get your test, although, I feel I know my charts fairly well! Congratulations for passing though!;)

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
DC, you will be fine. the 2 hours is more than enough time to complete, you can skip questions and go back to them as well a you can change any answer if you need to. I would suggest to EVERYONE read the questions SLOWLY and repeat it and read again, some of the wording can be tricky, meaning when we read sometimes we read ahead of ourselves and auto think what the sentence says when in fact we were wrong, hope that made sense, kinda of like that spell check when you text. ha ha

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
DC, you will be fine. the 2 hours is more than enough time to complete, you can skip questions and go back to them as well a you can change any answer if you need to. I would suggest to EVERYONE read the questions SLOWLY and repeat it and read again, some of the wording can be tricky, meaning when we read sometimes we read ahead of ourselves and auto think what the sentence says when in fact we were wrong, hope that made sense, kinda of like that spell check when you text. ha ha
Great! Yes it makes perfect sense!, Thanks my friend!

I passed mine yesterday as well... Very exciting!!! And yes, you DEFINITELY need to understand sectional charts. I studied my a$$ off and got an 85, so definitely study hard and understand sectional charts to the fullest extent! Also weather was a big part of it

I passed mine yesterday as well... Very exciting!!! And yes, you DEFINITELY need to understand sectional charts. I studied my a$$ off and got an 85, so definitely study hard and understand sectional charts to the fullest extent! Also weather was a big part of it
Good Job! Congratulations!;)

Reactions: Wes Watkins
Half! Wow! They state on FAA site 11-14% ! Really !, I hope I don't get your test, although, I feel I know my charts fairly well! Congratulations for passing though!;)

I know and I was hoping lol

I suppose if they are truly random it is inevitable that the mix is going to be heavy on random portions despite any weighting to try and prevent that.

It may have been less but I seemed to spend a lot of time turning pages on that supplement book.

I was only in there about 50 minutes so it may have just felt that way DC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval