Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pix4D Pricing Structures

ArltTech,

The only problem in using Drone Deploy is you will be in effect providing your collected data to DJI for whatever purposes they collect user data for.

ArltTech,

The only problem in using Drone Deploy is you will be in effect providing your collected data to DJI for whatever purposes they collect user data for.
Dronedeploy is a DJI owned operation? Not sure what you mean please explain.

Edit...OK I see what you mean now, they are heavily partnered. That may explain why my call with them took a shortened turn when I mentioned I used the Yuneec H520 to image with. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
During my discussion with Jacob Sinclair from Dronedeploy on crop imaging I asked about RGB "stock" cameras without any modifications being used. He was quite helpful, and explained in practical application they were seeing more of that used over NDVI. They use VARI which apparently is Dronedeploy's in house algorithm for analysing crop health with RGB sensors (no modifications needed). So it looks promising from that end, PIX4D may have comparable? It was noted that the crop data coming out of VARI was very good apparently.

I think this is a great representation of the 520 with E90. Did this survey this summer of an 80ac residential development. Flown at about 340', single flight with approximately 220 images. Stitched with PhotoScan Pro. In this first image of the entire Ortho, look towards the top right at the spools of pipe and pipes in the trailer. Note how clear and how well they stitched even when zoomed in to the level of the 2nd pic. These are completely un-retouched and just screen captures from a picture viewer.

uc

uc

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else will, but I don't see the images. I only see one sign of forbidden.

I don't know if anyone else will, but I don't see the images. I only see one sign of forbidden.
Thanks. I changed hosting acct for the images. The were there for me, but hopefully this will work better.

Very good images. Nice work :)

Graham and I, have been processing a few projects and we've found something strange. We've consulted both Yuneec and Pix4D. As soon as we know something, we'll talk about it, in case anyone else gets the same thing.

After resolving the little problem we had, I show you pictures of that project that Graham and I worked on. I cut them out by eye, they're not the same size.

Orthophoto

aerodrome full.png

Orthophoto zoom

aerodrome zoom.png

Point cloud zoom (unclean)

aerodrome point cloud zoom.png

I add the report

Attachments

• GRAHAM AERODROME_report.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: Graham
Another example Graham and I have worked on. Two passes, one in nadir and one in obliquo.

Flight plan

Ballyhornan boat house survey Capture.JPG

The position of the image capture

Cameras.png

orthomosaic

orthomosaic.png

Point cloud

point clould.png

3D mesh

triangle mesh.png

I leave you the report, contour lines and a short video made quickly.

Attachments

• BOAT HOUE BOTH_report.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • contour lines.pdf
    116.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Another example Graham and I have worked on. Two passes, one in nadir and one in obliquo.

Flight plan

View attachment 7771

View attachment 7773

orthomosaic

View attachment 7775

Point cloud

View attachment 7778

3D mesh

View attachment 7779

Flight plan

View attachment 7771

View attachment 7773

orthomosaic

View attachment 7775

Point cloud

View attachment 7778

3D mesh

View attachment 7779

That is very cool! The 180 camera setting meant you were taking the oblique from the aft of the 520 during the flight plan? If so any specific reason why to do it that way? How did you set the tilt angle for the oblique survey mission?

Thanks for sharing I want to do similar...

That is very cool! The 180 camera setting meant you were taking the oblique from the aft of the 520 during the flight plan? If so any specific reason why to do it that way? How did you set the tilt angle for the oblique survey mission?

Thanks for sharing I want to do similar...

No, they're different things.

When you set the flight plan, 180 degrees is the direction of the passes the aircraft will make. What you visually see as the white lines.

The "Refly at 90 degree offset" option makes it a cross mission. It flies in the original direction and then crosses 90 degrees to cover the entire work area. The white lines form a grid.

The camera inclination can be determined in the camera parameters. The Pitch in the Gimbal parameter. The mode must be Survey. The oblique flights are set at 45 degrees.

Flights are made obliquely to capture the lateral details of objects that have a certain height and that by means of a flight nadir is not able to capture.

Reactions: 10-8
The bid to buy the Pix4D was not on Black Friday as I said. It's today at the Cyber Monday, if anyone's interested. A license is cheaper than Photoscan.

I think some of these results are quite good!

At least, the ones I've put in have been simply to process them, without any retouching for lack of time. In my modest opinion they are quite decent even though Pix4D gives some problem when processing the images but changing a single parameter is solved. They were supposed to fix it in an update, I haven't re-tested it to confirm.

Reactions: zandoli
Despite the distortion from the camera seen in jpegs, the H520 can give highly detailed photogrammetry. The aircraft is very stable and easy to fly and DataPilot is very easy to use for this purpose. Arruntus did the data processing from the photos I took on several surveys and I can't comment how easy pix4d is to use. But, as he says, the H520 is now supposed to be better supported by an update to the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech