Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
That's a very dangerous thing to do. Things like the channel redundancy modes may appear to work, but you risk that they ST-16 switches channels and the H just doesn't know about it.

It was actually posted as a fix in another thread on the forum. Only the autopilot has been set back to 1.29. I do tower inspections and need to be over 400 feet on a weekly basis. According to Yuneec as of today they know nothing about this issue and although I originally called them two weeks ago they have yet to follow up with any sort of fix. For anyone that does not have a need to go over 400, they are fine. For the rest of us, we are stuck until they admit the error and fix it.

Hi everyone,

So as a newb that just received an H last week, I've put 4 flights on it and they were very smooth flights with zero issues. I'm hesitant on installing this latest firmware due to the mixed reviews and issues I've read. Would it be a good idea to hold off on this firmware update and just focus on getting more flights under my belt? Would really suck to update the firmware and start having issues. I'm currently running the B25 firmware released at the end of October.

Thanks!

Jay

I think the latest firmware is good, but if you're cautious and are happy with the way your Typhoon is flying and are not desparate for the latest features, you could well leave updating till you gain experience. Good luck with her!

Reactions: Ward Paterson
It was actually posted as a fix in another thread on the forum. Only the autopilot has been set back to 1.29. I do tower inspections and need to be over 400 feet on a weekly basis. According to Yuneec as of today they know nothing about this issue and although I originally called them two weeks ago they have yet to follow up with any sort of fix. For anyone that does not have a need to go over 400, they are fine. For the rest of us, we are stuck until they admit the error and fix it.

I think you're on to something here. And I don't think that rolling AutoPilot back to 1.29 is an issue because even on the latest firmware download on the Yuneec site it says:

"To gain features listed in this new firmware update please make sure your autopilot version is v1.29 or above and gimbal version is v1.25 or above.

USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE"

Reactions: Nateb006
I think you're on to something here. And I don't think that rolling AutoPilot back to 1.29 is an issue because even on the latest firmware download on the Yuneec site it says:

"To gain features listed in this new firmware update please make sure your autopilot version is v1.29 or above and gimbal version is v1.25 or above.

USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE"

Indeed, dual redundancy was introduced in the previous update 3.0. Only the visual part on the display was introduced in 3.01
I created a new update file of both 3.01 A and E (have 2 CGO3+ units) with autopilot 1.29 instead of 1.30.
But unsure if it really needs an update, the previously released update actually added important stuff. 3.01 not so much.

Indeed, dual redundancy was introduced in the previous update 3.0. Only the visual part on the display was introduced in 3.01
I created a new update file of both 3.01 A and E (have 2 CGO3+ units) with autopilot 1.29 instead of 1.30.
But unsure if it really needs an update, the previously released update actually added important stuff. 3.01 not so much.

3.01 has fixes to the compass and GPS misbehavior many of us experienced with 3.0. Would that not be part of autopilot or are we saying 3.01 had the same autopilot install as 3.0? I recall gimbal did not change but autopilot did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3.01 has fixes to the compass and GPS misbehavior many of us experienced with 3.0. Would that not be part of autopilot or are we saying 3.01 had the same autopilot install as 3.0? I recall gimbal did not change but autopilot did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, as i never experienced any of those issues, i can't comment on that. I flew a few very GPS and compass needing missions, without problems. Autopilot of course changed, otherwise the update would have kept 1.29 as it had MOST features like dual redundancy.

I think if you DID NOT experience issues, you can keep using autopilot 1.29. If you had issues, an update might fix things.
I'm waiting for the next update i guess, or update with the patched firmware.

Well, as i never experienced any of those issues, i can't comment on that. I flew a few very GPS and compass needing missions, without problems. Autopilot of course changed, otherwise the update would have kept 1.29 as it had MOST features like dual redundancy.

I think if you DID NOT experience issues, you can keep using autopilot 1.29. If you had issues, an update might fix things.
I'm waiting for the next update i guess, or update with the patched firmware.

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got info from the Finnish Yuneec dealer that until last thursday there has been a buggy version on the Yuneec website. Check your About Controller. Transmitter should be st16_tx_v00.25. Version 00.24 has bugs. So, update your controller again.

OK, I see your pics. Perhaps this is only something for Europe, because I just went through the whole procedure with todays US version and at the end the TRF is still .24 and all else is also the same.

Or maybe we're behind you, who knows.

Just finished flying 11/16/16 firmware at our local R/C model airfield, which as it happens, is 2.5 miles from an airport. Yuneec shows this as a No Fly Zone. However, I received the patch from Yuneec earlier this week that adds buttons to the GUI where you can Disable or Enable No Fly Zone geofencing. The flight was rock solid, without any problems. Went through the two batteries without a hitch :)

Just finished flying 11/16/16 firmware at our local R/C model airfield, which as it happens, is 2.5 miles from an airport. Yuneec shows this as a No Fly Zone. However, I received the patch from Yuneec earlier this week that adds buttons to the GUI where you can Disable or Enable No Fly Zone geofencing. The flight was rock solid, without any problems. Went through the two batteries without a hitch :)
Nice! I might pull the trigger and try this update. I've been hesitant so far o_O

Nice! I might pull the trigger and try this update. I've been hesitant so far o_O

You'll have to contact Yuneec and request it. They handle it on an individual basis. They'll send you a form you fill out, scan and send back. Then they send you a file that you upload into the GUI. The entire process of emailing the form and getting the file took about 10 min.

For the first time, after the firmware update, my landing gear doesn't always go up, the pan doesn't always respond, and the tilt doesn't always work. Usually I can set it down, shut it off and reboot it and it's fine. So I run a function check before putting it in the air. Never had this problem before the update. I'm wondering if this is something I should get fixed. With winter here, now is the time to have things like that checked out. Anyone else having this issue?

Two issues with my H firmware. My H is flying better then ever with the new firmware. My H does an excellent job at follow, much better than my Phantoms and probably my Solo. I mainly use my H for GPS follow and it has spent many hours doing exactly that.

The first issue is at about 10 mph my H yaws towards the direction of travel and away from the subject in follow. This may be a setting for Real Sense or something but I haven't figured it out. It did not do this until the recent updates.

Second is a new one for me. I put the retracts down to land and the motors shut off as the retracts hit bottom. Fortunately I was only 4-5 feet up above a bush. As it dropped I instinctively throttled up and the motors responded and lifted off the bush, I let the stick go back to center and the motors shut off again and back into the bush. Not wanting to play the hokey poky I quickly disarmed while safely in the bush.

Fortunately no damage except one arm clip. Lucky I wasn't 100 feet up. Here's a quick video of the event; as you can see the H does great at low altitude follow if Yuneec can get the bugs out.

Reactions: Phil650
For the first time, after the firmware update, my landing gear doesn't always go up, the pan doesn't always respond, and the tilt doesn't always work. Usually I can set it down, shut it off and reboot it and it's fine. So I run a function check before putting it in the air. Never had this problem before the update. I'm wondering if this is something I should get fixed. With winter here, now is the time to have things like that checked out. Anyone else having this issue?

After every firmware update I seem to have issues with the landing gear too. I turn it up side down without the gimbal attached and it takes 3-5 goes sometime before it retracts fully - then after that I have no issues. Its weird. Maybe the motors have to re-cal themselves I dunno.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco