Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else with the TB and not wanting to land. But this is after the 3.0 update not 3.01. It was flying great for a while, went up a couple hundred feet to look around, came back down and landed perfect. Went for another short flight and the h had a mind of it's own, started TB and going crazy. I could not get the motors to idle causing it to fall backwards. I was lucky that I could cut the motors right before any damage happened. After all this I updated to 3.01 but all I got was GPS lost warnings even after many calibrations. Also noticed the altitude was way off.
On it's way back to Yuneec for repair.

Does Yuneec pay for shipping to their facility. They send you shipping label or what ?

hi
after the last firmware update, the calibration doesn't work (compass and accelerometer), the led on/off button and also the realsense (nothing on the display to show me the distance), every things were working before the last update ...

Last edited:
hi
after the last firmware update, the calibration doesn't work (compass and accelerometer), the led on/off button and also the realsense (nothing on the display to show me the distance), every things were working before the last update ...
Try rebinding the h.

Try rebinding the h.

i delete again the flight data, redo the binding, redo the model select and after that i got back the realsense and the calibration, but what is strange i do have a gps signal on the left of the screen with the number of satellite (12-17) but i have zero beside the satellite icon on the top-right, and because of this i do not have the white led between the green or purple led at the rear, and so i cannot have the follow me watch me, do they change something ?

Hi All and a Happy Thanksgiving!
I elected to update the ST-16 and the H PRO via OTA like the yuneec video instruction. I made sure both the ST-16 and H were fully charged. Then proceeded to update the ST-16 firmware first, no issues. I re connected to the H and made sure everything was happy. Then I updated the firmware via OTA to the H. Did the re-bind, and all calibrations except the compass. No issues thus far. Today I took the H out for a test and calibrated the compass in an open field with no cell phone near by and well away from buildings etc. Also calibrated to the north (not sure why). Lifted off and I am amazed at the performance! No issues went through two batteries and got some awesome stills and video. Operation was steady in 4-5 mile wind, and temps in the upper thirties. Very pleased thus far with yuneec this is the Tyhpoon H PRO with real sense. I have only had this for two weeks, and is my second firmware update. Following the instructions to the "T", worked for me. Very Happy!

Camera cal requires a reboot afterwards, otherwise it will not center on switch. That was the only weird thing on my update. 5.8 connects a lot faster . Otherwise, flies good, solid hold position.

Compass calibration is absolutely necessary. Just do it and point it north when you start it.
Why? As a person who has written compass cal code, they likely took a short cut and zero the offsets at start, which thus assumes north as you find max offsets. It does lead to more stable performance....

Try rebinding the h.

i delete again the flight data, redo the binding, redo the model select and after that i got back the realsense and the calibration, but what is strange i do have a gps signal on the left of the screen with the number of satellite (12-17) but i have zero beside the satellite icon on the top-right, and because of this i do not have the white led between the green or purple led at the rear, and so i cannot have the follow me watch me, do they change something ?

today i did all calibrations and now everything is perfect ...

Having installed every correctly, deleting the flight data, recalibrated and still getting a lot (2 to 3 feet) of drift. Once when landing it just suddenly flipped over hard on it's side busting a blade. Getting a lot of "GPS loss" errors. Camera doesn't like to reseat. Takes 2 or 3 Off/Ons

PS Update: and it doesn't want to land!

Last edited:
Sorry to read this. But this helps me as my H is at Yuneec for GPS loss and Flipping over. When I contacted them last Saturday, I was the only one that had posted their H flipping over and though there is no way Yuneec is going to believe this was NOT pilot error. Not even a full week later, I've ready probably 1/2 dozen cases of this happening. While I've read a few flip overs since I've been on the H portion of the board, not this many....

Having installed every correctly, deleting the flight data, recalibrated and still getting a lot (2 to 3 feet) of drift. Once when landing it just suddenly flipped over hard on it's side busting a blade. Getting a lot of "GPS loss" errors. Camera doesn't like to reseat. Takes 2 or 3 Off/Ons

Latest update on my issues, CS quickly got back to me and asked me to reset the ST16, then calibrate, bind and test fly the TH.

So I did a full reset (after copying all the files onto my computer first) and calibrated all the controls, then did the rebinding, and calibration of compass, accelerometer and gimbal in the usual way with no metal influences near and mobile phone turned off. When both of my batteries and the handset were fully charged, I went to the flying field (a local school sports field) and initially all seemed well.

After I switched on, I left the TH sitting on the ground for several minutes after the ST16 linked with it, because I have noticed on various blogs and sites that some people say that it takes several minutes for the satellite catalogues to download so it is safer not to lift straight off after doing updates, although I have noticed others do not subscribe to that view. But better to be safe than sorry, eh?

I then started motors and took off in a hover at about 4-5 feet for a minute or so and all seem to be ok, although the machine was a bit jumpier than I am used to. But it was controllable all the same and not really an issue. I then landed and let the motors tick over for a second or two before taking off again in order to do some lazy circuits and figure eights. About 150 feet horizontally from me, the TH suddenly shot up to 70-80 feet altitude from the 10-15 feet I was flying at, and started to shoot all over the sky although by that time I had let go of both sticks. Opposite stick seemed to do little at first so I put it into RTH to see what would happen as it was heading towards the school and road in a zig zag pattern. RTH had no effect that I could detect, and the throttle stick had no effect whatsoever so it stayed at about 70 feet altitude.

I put it back into angle mode, because by that time I thought it had probably lost GPS lock and shortly afterwards it suddenly went into a sort of hover but the motors were pulsing about once a second and the machine was shooting up 20-40 feet then dropping down again (I have not noticed anyone else reporting that sort of behaviour before). After what seemed like ages, but was probably only a few tens of seconds, I managed to position it over the centre of the field away from the road (while it was still pulsing up and down) and pulled the throttle stick back fully, but it took a long, long while to descend and finally land. Luckily, by the time it got down to about 20 feet, the pulsing had stopped, because I was worried it would smash into the ground on one of its downward pulses. It landed without falling over and I stopped the motors (and started breathing again!).

I decided there and then that I was not going to have another attempt because the likelihood was that I was going to have an accident, which at best would have resulted in damaging the aircraft and at worst injuring someone.
I am beginning to learn about the sorts of experiences that lots other people have described on the various forums including this one, and to be frank, they are scary! Other than one occasion in early October when the machine refused to land for several minutes, it has flown rock steady and I did not understand what other pilots were complaining about. Well I certainly know now….phew!

CS in the UK now want me to return the TH and ST16 to them because they want to get to the bottom of these issues. So it has been packaged up and will be on its way early next week. I have to say, CS has been very quick to respond to my problems, so here's hoping it can be sorted out relatively quickly.

Cheers everyone.

I realize that an accelerometer calibration is necessary with each new update, but how many suggest a full compass calibration with every update.

I am appreciative of all the new features added with the updates, but it does make it difficult due to having to travel a ways to an open field for the compass calibration.
My family keeps saying, "But, you just calibrated the last time."

I am the type that if there is a risk at all, I would prefer to travel and recalibrate the compass with each update, but it would be great if it wasn't necessary.

Also, how far away do most suggest to be from power lines?
They are not easy to get away from where I am located.

Last edited:
Did the last update and it worked great. Did this update went out and did my calibrations. Took off with a full battery indicating over 16 volts and it was flying like a dream. Thirty seconds later the battery indicator shows empty and the red warning low battery begin to flash and the controller began to vibrate.

Landed and the indicator went up to 15.3 volts so I tried again same thing happened. Installed a fresh battery had full bars on the indicator, took off and 30 seconds later it showed empty and the battery warning was flashing on the screen. Anyone else experienced this any solution?

I tried to reload the firmware but it wouldn't let me, said I have the latest version. Then I remembered I forgot a step, I did not clear the data in the ST16 app. So I cleared the data and went for a test flight and all was normal again. I did not remove the battery but left it in place from the failed battery flight. Don't know what effect this had or if it actually fixed it, I'll take a few more flights to check. My H flies better with this new firmware then any before.

Reactions: Tuna
I have had a malfunction in today's test flight. At 14.8V bat indicator, i switched to auto home function and as it was performing it's landing routine, I took landing control by flipping to angle mode (as i usually do). Apparently the H did not want to respond to my controls and decided to pursue to land on its own will. I was lucky it was on a clear field and it landed safely after a couple of bounce.I have 14.7V and good radio reception at the time. Did anyone have this experience after the latest FW update? I have near mishap today and other issues that others experience.so i wanted to see if i can roll-back my previous FW. Is that possible? and which FW should i re-load any instructions somewhere in the forum i can go by? How i wish Yuneec would have done do some software/firmware "unhappy path" testing before releasing this to public. Thanks in advance for any help coming my way.

Has anyone that has done the "Bricked" reflash of the firmware and then the update had any of these issues?

Anybody look at their telemetry in dashware from these events?

I don't wonder if there are too many loose strings of code that are getting the various IMUs twitchy.

FWIW - My Q5004k has done the no readily apparent reason sudden jump in altitude, and drops (less than soft touchdown then launch right back up again). The flight data from those flights show only straight lines and angles in dashware. Something to do with the boot up sequence I think. Another reason I wish the ST controllers had a heading indicator on screen.

OK, got it all fixed. The Culprit was the ST16 Transmitter. You have to go into the PAD section and find the Typhoon H in the Apps section. Then Clear the Data files out!

Once you do this, everything works fine.

Would be so nice if Yuneec would publish this information someplace! ARE YOU LISTENING YUNEEC?

Not able to find clear flight data using pad settings. Everything works fine but I have a 399' ceiling. Any suggestions?

I decided to update to this version from 3.0 as I was still having landing problems and the flights were very twitchy.
ST 16 updated ok (I followed the video exactly) but now the H won't go into bind mode. Any suggestions or is it bricked?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss