Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems importing KML or shapefiles into DataPilot v2.1.10

Reaction score
Starting out question again (I have looked on forums and handbook, but no detail found).

I am looking to import either KML or shapefiles into missions on DataPilot (v2.1.20) to create flight areas ready for surveying (the polygons are forest areas and quite difficult to identify from looking at the basemap images from wider areas of forest).

I have loaded both KML and shapefiles onto the SD card to use. The SD card is working and as it has saved missions (completed flights) saved on it.

I have seen a YouTube clip that shows it being done (by Atay Mühendislik Kurumsal
) for a Typhoon H, but the DataPilot v2.1.20 is different (H520E) and does not let you search folders to find the correct files.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated...

thanks
Ben

Just to report back that this issue is all sorted. The shp or KML can be saved to the Mission folder within Datapilot. It will not allow sub folders or navigated to sub folders.

After the mission has been created using the imported shapefile or KML then the mission as a whole can be saved to the SD card and retrieved at a later date as necessary.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for the update! I’m sure many H520e users will benefit from your research.

Sounds like some real programmers need to be hired to work on DataPilot after soliciting input from users as to what needs improvement.

Just to report back that this issue is all sorted. The shp or KML can be saved to the Mission folder within Datapilot. It will not allow sub folders or navigated to sub folders.

After the mission has been created using the imported shapefile or KML then the mission as a whole can be saved to the SD card and retrieved at a later date as necessary.
Will it be also the way to do things in case of h520?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval