Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Purchased typhoon

Reaction score
Hey all I just purchased the typhoon h and I haven’t flown it yet I wanted to put insurance on it before I do for Best Buy may not let me return after purchase I haven’t even opened it yet and scared I made bad decision and unsure what my next step would be , beside open up and charge batteries but before I do what do I need to know I’ve flow breeze and like it a lot but wanted a step up cost pretty penny but hope things go well and I scared to crash it or a failure go wrong can someone guide me to insurance purpose

State Farm... Personal articles policy. $60 a year covers everything. Hope this helps

Put some more time on the Breeze to gain experience, and confidence. Your fear level is too high, suggesting you’re not quite ready to fly the H.

Take the camera off for your first few flights and make sure that you calibrate the compass. That's cheap insurance.

If you decide to not return the H, invest $30 in the Yuneec UAV Pilot Simulator to get used to the ST-16 controls, without risking the Typhoon. If you do decide to fly the H for the first time without the camera, know that you will not have certain aids, (such as the Green Arrow) available for orientation, sans camera... so do not fly at a distance that you lose orientation of the aircraft.

The jump from Breeze to H is tough. The stick layout is about the only thing in common. Do not use smart mode in my opinion while learning. The unexpected movements caused by the geo lock to you is a cause of a lot of crashes for the inexperienced. Practice in the most open place you can find. Learn to calibrate and the tutorial provided by Yuneec on your SD card is really bad so watch better third party videos from folks like Capn Drone and Jeff. It’s a long learning curve if you choose to explore everything possible. Did you get a pro with Real Sense and a wizard?

Welcome to the forum, thats a big step up. I agree with taking the cam off your 1st flew flights, Watch a lot of videos on youtube. See if there is someone in your area that has a advanced drone like the "h" or check out some clubs. Basic flying isn't really hard but there are somethings you can learn on you tube. I only take off and land in angle mode so the sensors don't pick up any obstacles and make the "h" do an unwanted maneuver so i have complete control of the bird. In angle mode the stick control is opposite then in smart mode (watch the video on flight modes) . Fly in a very open field like a football or baseball field no trees. fly is no more then 100 ft from you and 25 to 50 ft up at 1st till you get use to flying. There is a lot to learn about the remote screen as you fly in the beginning, altitude, distance,speed, battery and more. I always tell people to watch videos on drone crashes because a lot of the mistakes they make are easy lessons on what not to do. and i see most mistakes happen because people fly too low or to close to ground or objects . Other wise have fun with it you will get the hang of it.

Ray

The jump from Breeze to H is tough. The stick layout is about the only thing in common. Do not use smart mode in my opinion while learning. The unexpected movements caused by the geo lock to you is a cause of a lot of crashes for the inexperienced. Practice in the most open place you can find. Learn to calibrate and the tutorial provided by Yuneec on your SD card is really bad so watch better third party videos from folks like Capn Drone and Jeff. It’s a long learning curve if you choose to explore everything possible. Did you get a pro with Real Sense and a wizard?
Real sence wizard

Thanks guys been much help , if tomarrow weather is good may be my first flight and I’ll see how I can post video of how I did

Also unsure how I remove camera sorry for silly question but I don’t see how it comes off

Cant wait to hear about his 1st flight ,lol
Scaring me haven’t gone yet batteries out ready but have lik 23 mph winds right now and really rather wait atleast till 10 or less I have flown rc helis and planes before so thinking it can be a piece of cake but also could be very bad

Scaring me haven’t gone yet batteries out ready but have lik 23 mph winds right now and really rather wait atleast till 10 or less I have flown rc helis and planes before so thinking it can be a piece of cake but also could be very bad

Wait, what?

You have flown RC planes and helicopters before? Successfully?

If the answer is yes to both, then stop pulling our proverbial legs! You should do just fine if you take it easy until you get familiar with the controls and behavior of the ST16 and the H.

Remember: if in trouble just “let go”. Assuming you have altitude and clearance, the craft will stop where it is, holding position, until you calm down and get your bearings.

Good luck!

Jeff

Wait, what?

You have flown RC planes and helicopters before? Successfully?

If the answer is yes to both, then stop pulling our proverbial legs! You should do just fine if you take it easy until you get familiar with the controls and behavior of the ST16 and the H.

Remember: if in trouble just “let go”. Assuming you have altitude and clearance, the craft will stop where it is, holding position, until you calm down and get your bearings.

Good luck!

Jeff
Thanks bud just wanna make sure everything is right all switches and which one to stay away from like smart mode I don’t realy wanna even try that ever if get to far out guess ide try rth but I’m gonna try and stay in full control all times , plus good practices , thanks again I’ll take a video or pics when on first coouple flights I wanna try first without camera till I get feel of turtle and rabbit but I have good faith I’ll do fine. But I thank everyone for all suggestions and advise , it help me me get through the process , cheers fly safe to fly again

You should be okay, make sure the compass is calibrated, fly on a nice calm day, fly in angle mode not smart mode. Start the ST16, then the Typhoon H, wait until you have camera connection, wait until you have at least 12 satellites, perhaps start in turtle speed.
Left hand stick up is to go up, take it up nice and easy to about 10 feet and let go of everything and it should hover steady. Then get used to the sticks and have a little fly around, practice landing before the battery is low to give you confidence. You will be okay

If you're not flying maybe you should be reading. :)

This will link you to a manual on the TH480 which includes a lot of VERY useful info that Yuneec didn't think to share and a pre-flight checklist.

Want to help make a better manual?
You should be okay, make sure the compass is calibrated, fly on a nice calm day, fly in angle mode not smart mode. Start the ST16, then the Typhoon H, wait until you have camera connection, wait until you have at least 12 satellites, perhaps start in turtle speed.
Left hand stick up is to go up, take it up nice and easy to about 10 feet and let go of everything and it should hover steady. Then get used to the sticks and have a little fly around, practice landing before the battery is low to give you confidence. You will be okay
Thank much I got faith in it and myself will let ya know the results from it but today may not be my day winds 23 and gust 26 to me that high to even try so gonna be patient and read rons manual

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval