Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Real Sense & Crash Avoidance

Reaction score
As mentioned on another thread I am new to this forum and flying drones so sorry if its a silly question.
What is the difference between the crash avoidance and real sense, apart from circa £350?

Is the real sense worth the money?
Anyone "retro fitted" to their H and if so was it worth it?

Thanks

As mentioned on another thread I am new to this forum and flying drones so sorry if its a silly question.
What is the difference between the crash avoidance and real sense, apart from circa £350?

Is the real sense worth the money?
Anyone "retro fitted" to their H and if so was it worth it?

Thanks

The original Typhoon H launched with only basic sonic sensors. Later the real-sense module was released and the new H PRO with real-sense factory fitted.

The Real-sense system uses a number of camera's and sensors to look forwards, detect and "map" objects in it's path. It can then navigate around them.

As far as I know the module is no longer sold as a separate item from Yuneec. (could be wrong on that though).

I added RS to my H, aftermarket module. I cannot answer the "how do I kike it?: or :is it worth it?" until I learn how to USE it. The manual is woefully inept, and my questions to Yuneec CS have not been answered. If someone knows HOW to use this, please explain. I'd also like to know about IPS (indoor positioning system).

IPS and Real Sense have been discussed quite a bit in this forum. I think some of the instructional comments were added to the H manual thread. Use the search function for the forum, the little magnifying glass icon, to research the info.

The original Typhoon H launched with only basic sonic sensors. Later the real-sense module was released and the new H PRO with real-sense factory fitted.

The Real-sense system uses a number of camera's and sensors to look forwards, detect and "map" objects in it's path. It can then navigate around them.

As far as I know the module is no longer sold as a separate item from Yuneec. (could be wrong on that though).
These Modules ARE still available and I have a very, nice lightly-used one for sale in the Classifieds right now.

I have just installed the RS module and it has totally transformed the way my H flies. It drifts no more(well a little bit) but compared to before it is nothing. Still waiting to test IPS. But so far I have flown 3 times since install and I am loving the performance. I have only tested follow me mode with minimal things in the way but I have tested that it will not fly into a tree :).

nechsproject, that's very interesting. I went ahead and installed the RS module on Saturday and it was really easy to install. Due to the weather I haven't had chance to fly it but hopefully at the weekend I will.

Here is a video of the H in outdoor flight with GPS off and IPS on. Very stable despite the breeze we had going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss