Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

rear right motor problem.

Reaction score
not sure how Yuneec number the motors, but I am having a problem with rear right motor.

It starts fine, but during the acceleration, motor tries to spin the other direction, or stops spinning.

Connected the motor to another airplane esc and complete tx/rx for testing. Motor runs smooth without any glitch or problem.

Should I replace the 6-in-1 ESC board (ESC Velometer Circuit board)? Visual inspection doesn't show any burnt or damage.

What else should I check?

Thank you,

I tried connecting Left Center motor to the Rear Right ESC and connect the Rear Right motor to Left Center ESC.
Left Center motor does the same thing.
So, It should be the ESC board.

Isn't it?

link to the video showing the motor running.
Oh WAIT!!!!!
Have you tried putting the props on and going up a couple of feet? Without the props the motors will react a bit strangely when you increase the throttle. You video may be showing normal operation.

I haven't tried flying it.
I fly a lot of planes and a few other quads. If the motor stops in the middle of the throttle, it is usually the sync problem.
Not sure if the ESCs on Typhoon H can be programmed or adjusted. Strange thing is the only 1 ESC is doing it.

I can try putting the props in tomorrow & try. I hope it doesn't drop out or flip when one motor causes problem since it is hexa & supposed to be able to fly with at least 5 motors.

I will post the result tomorrow.
Thanks,

I haven't tried flying it.
I fly a lot of planes and a few other quads. If the motor stops in the middle of the throttle, it is usually the sync problem.
Not sure if the ESCs on Typhoon H can be programmed or adjusted. Strange thing is the only 1 ESC is doing it.

I can try putting the props in tomorrow & try. I hope it doesn't drop out or flip when one motor causes problem since it is hexa & supposed to be able to fly with at least 5 motors.

I will post the result tomorrow.
Thanks,
The 5 rotor mode is what is causing one motor to act strangely. The flight controller expects the aircraft to gain altitude when when you power up the throttle. Without props it sits on the ground which generates a fault. I'm guessing the machine is fine.

Ok. I flew about 2 minutes not going far (under 50ft, gear down) going up and down. It was just before sunset and chilly with wind.

So far, it didn't do the hiccup.
I am going to try again when it's warmer.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ok. I flew about 2 minutes not going far (under 50ft, gear down) going up and down. It was just before sunset and chilly with wind.
So far, it didn't do the hiccup.
I am going to try again when it's warmer.
That's good news. If you are still concerned then remove the camera to test the H. If something fails at least the cam is safe. It's the most fragile and expensive part on the machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone