Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some questions before get a Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hey Huys. I'm new this Typhoon subject. Now, Im getting ready to get my first Drone, and there some rounding me..... hope guys you can support me:

1. The MicroSD for the ST16, is this used for just metadata from controller? I mean, not video files.
May I use for that like this:
View media item 4472. How long takes each drone battery to charge?
3. How much RT16 Controller battery least ?
3. Regarding the range of operation: 1.6 KM is good enough?
4. For a day of work, how many drone batteries you need ?

This is now for the moment...
Thannks in advance!

Hey Huys. I'm new this Typhoon subject. Now, Im getting ready to get my first Drone, and there some rounding me..... hope guys you can support me:

1. The MicroSD for the ST16, is this used for just metadata from controller? I mean, not video files.
May I use for that like this:
View media item 4472. How long takes each drone battery to charge?
3. How much RT16 Controller battery least ?
3. Regarding the range of operation: 1.6 KM is good enough?
4. For a day of work, how many drone batteries you need ?

This is now for the moment...
Thannks in advance!
Hi.
My answers are as follows:
A1. Micro SD in the ST16 can be used for anything that you would normally do on an Android tablet because that's essentially what it is. So you could use it to transfer any video files or whatever from it. Not just the data files. BTW, your link doesn't work.
A1. Depends on how depleted your battery is and what charger you are using. You may as well ask 'how long is a piece of string?'. On a stock charger anything up to, i'd say, 1.5 hours depending on how depleted it is.
A3. I think you could be assured on getting at least 4, possibly 5 flights out of the ST16 before it gets too low for comfort. Of course, this depends on whether you take off as soon as you think you have a satellite lock, or whether you like to play it a bit more safely and let the H sit a while to ensure a good lock.
A4. 1.6km is out of VLOS so I cannot comment. I can say, though, that the H is not regarded as being designed as a long distance flyer but others may disagree with me on that point.
A5. Assuming you mean commercial work, then that all depends on the brief you've agreed with your client. Personally, I find that for most commercial briefs I seldom need more than three batteries with me. It's surprising how much you can get done on just two batteries if you plan your flight well! IMHO on a commercial job I want to be in the air for the minimum time needed to get the brief done. Of course, If your brief is a complicated one or one that demands several flights during the day, then you'll need batteries to at lest cover that. How long was that piece of string again?

Last edited:
Hi.
My answers are as follows:
A1. Micro SD in the ST16 can be used for anything that you would normally do on an Android tablet because that's essentially what it is. So you could use it to transfer any video files or whatever from it. Not just the data files. BTW, your link doesn't work.
A1. Depends on how depleted your battery is and what charger you are using. You may as well ask 'how long is a piece of string?'. On a stock charger anything up to, i'd say, 1.5 hours depending on how depleted it is.
A3. I think you could be assured on getting at least 4, possibly 5 flights out of the ST16 before it gets too low for comfort. Of course, this depends on whether you take off as soon as you think you have a satellite lock, or whether you like to play it a bit more safely and let the H sit a while to ensure a good lock.
A4. 1.6km is out of VLOS so I cannot comment. I can say, though, that the H is not regarded as being designed as a long distance flyer but others may disagree with me on that point.
A5. Assuming you mean commercial work, then that all depends on the brief you've agreed with your client. Personally, I find that for most commercial briefs I seldom need more than three batteries with me. It's surprising how much you can get done on just two batteries if you plan your flight well! IMHO on a commercial job I want to be in the air for the minimum time needed to get the brief done. Of course, If your brief is a complicated one or one that demands several flights during the day, then you'll need batteries to at lest cover that. How long was that piece of string again?

Thanks a lot for your answers. Helps a lot.
Now, you thing this SD CARD works at all?61eh3uCSj2L._SL1050_.jpg

Thanks a lot for your answers. Helps a lot.
Now, you thing this SD CARD works at all?View attachment 5224
I think any good quality class 10, U3 card up to 64GB will do. Be careful when inserting into the ST 16, though. There have been reports of people having problems and the card finishing up inside the guts of the ST16.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval