Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 left trim

Reaction score
My trim on left side of controller is not reaching full actuations.also spring in left stick seems to decrease in altitude slowly,i thought I was gonna have to hand grab her.pleasehelp me out.ive factory reset and tried cleaning sticks but to no avail I get more of the same.thanks for responding.

Try performing a controller calibration using the secret menu. Be sure all the sliders and knobs are centered before starting the calibration and after it is finished.

Clean the two controller sticks thru the holes in the back of the ST16
You can connect it to GUI and make sure you are getting full range
I learned this from the pros on the forum here it works great

My trim on left side of controller is not reaching full actuations.also spring in left stick seems to decrease in altitude slowly,i thought I was gonna have to hand grab her.pleasehelp me out.ive factory reset and tried cleaning sticks but to no avail I get more of the same.thanks for responding.
Rory, If you go to Forms, you will see "Search Forms" from there you can find post about "how to fix this or that". Just type in the info you are looking for.

What is GUI?

Download the manual I referred to above. It is about the closest to a complete manual that can be made. It takes Yuneec’s User Guide and adds all the stuff that should have been there. Get it, read it, you’ll be amazed at how knowledgeable you’ll become.

Last edited:
Download the manual I referred to above. It is about the closest to a complete manual that can be made. It takes Yuneec’s User Guide and adds all the stuff that should have been there. Get it, read it, you’ll be amazed at how knowledgeable you’ll become.
Thanks I seriously appreciate your time!

Graphic User Interface.
Software you can download to your computer so that you can connect your H to the computer and carry out diagnostics.
I just bought a hp pavilion but I have to get a hard drive,it was used,but it's mint,just a little outdated.thanks for taking time to respond!

I have opened up the st16,and cleaned sticks.i guess I'll have to take screws out of inside left trim and fire cleaner on point.alot of work,buy its my fault for getting paint particles in there,as I painted my st16,and h.boy was that dumb I see now.i wanted it custom,i can see bird much better than before but i should have used more caution.thanks

It wouldn't load.im gonna look for it online.thanks

Rory,

I checked the link with my phone and two different computers and the pdf document will download. Hope you are able to get it, as it is a very complete resource. As new information comes out, this document gets updated. I got it and have been reading it because I plan to get a TH by this autumn.

Best of luck getting your controller back in proper working order. I know how much you enjoy your TH, and hope to hear you are airborne again soon.

Reactions: rory
The slow response on the sticks is a problem with the POT on the Joystick. Some have said they have been successful cleaning the contacts with Oil-less electronics spray cleaner. With the ST-16 powered off, spray some into the openings on the side of the joystick and moving it around thoroughly. If that works, great.

The other issue is not dirty contacts, but the POT becoming loose which make the contacts movable when moving the joysticks so they do not respond appropriately. The POTs are held to the joystick assembly by two very fine screws. After use the POT wears and becomes loose and begins moving (Very Minutely), enough that you can barely see the movement, but enough to effect the POT performance. Some have replaced this POT, only to have to replace it again in the future when that one wears down.

A very simple and inexpensive fix it to immobilize the POT by securing it with a drop of adhesive, Hot Glue being very effective. Below is a video to show how to open the ST-16 and another video showing how and where to place a drop of hot glue to permanently fix this issue. Neither are my videos, I found them when researching the problem, there are others, but these are well explained and work.

If you use these fixes, please give them a like or a Kudo for their info. I have no connection to them, but they have provided fixes for others that could save money, time, and prevent an UAV. So I feel they should be recognized for that.

Taking ST-16 Apart Video

Hot Glue Fix for Faulty Joystick POT

My suggestion is, while you have the ST-16 open and as a preventative measure, place a drop on all of the POTs to prevent any of them from working loose in the future. This could prevent future costs in replacing the POTs, downtime to fix them yourself, and/or loss of your bird should they go out while in flight.

Happy and Safe Flying to All!

Reactions: rory
Rory,

I checked the link with my phone and two different computers and the pdf document will download. Hope you are able to get it, as it is a very complete resource. As new information comes out, this document gets updated. I got it and have been reading it because I plan to get a TH by this autumn.

Best of luck getting your controller back in proper working order. I know how much you enjoy your TH, and hope to hear you are airborne again soon.
It's working good now.except it jerks,and drifts like 6-8feet after moving side to side.i think it's my camera cause it doesn't move at all.i have to set it for whatever shot I'm gonna do.2 wires came off under the gimbal and 1 around th e camera arms.it still works to take pictures and videos.but I get color interference fuzz.where could I get it fixed.or buy a used one?sorry got caught up getting you up to date.thanks for your input.

The slow response on the sticks is a problem with the POT on the Joystick. Some have said they have been successful cleaning the contacts with Oil-less electronics spray cleaner. With the ST-16 powered off, spray some into the openings on the side of the joystick and moving it around thoroughly. If that works, great.

The other issue is not dirty contacts, but the POT becoming loose which make the contacts movable when moving the joysticks so they do not respond appropriately. The POTs are held to the joystick assembly by two very fine screws. After use the POT wears and becomes loose and begins moving (Very Minutely), enough that you can barely see the movement, but enough to effect the POT performance. Some have replaced this POT, only to have to replace it again in the future when that one wears down.

A very simple and inexpensive fix it to immobilize the POT by securing it with a drop of adhesive, Hot Glue being very effective. Below is a video to show how to open the ST-16 and another video showing how and where to place a drop of hot glue to permanently fix this issue. Neither are my videos, I found them when researching the problem, there are others, but these are well explained and work.

If you use these fixes, please give them a like or a Kudo for their info. I have no connection to them, but they have provided fixes for others that could save money, time, and prevent an UAV. So I feel they should be recognized for that.

Taking ST-16 Apart Video

Hot Glue Fix for Faulty Joystick POT

My suggestion is, while you have the ST-16 open and as a preventative measure, place a drop on all of the POTs to prevent any of them from working loose in the future. This could prevent future costs in replacing the POTs, downtime to fix them yourself, and/or loss of your bird should they go out while in flight.

Happy and Safe Flying to All!
Thanks for the tip.i know how to get in the st16,but thanks a lot for the fix!!!I'm checked not it out now!great article and videos!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval