Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H wont descend

Reaction score
Its a new thing, all seems fine, my battery reaches 15.0 volts and I bring it back to land, all seems fine intil it reaches about 15 feet of altitude from takeoff point and it just hangs there, satelites seem fine 15, full down left stick, no response, tried tapping red start button, no response, it will go up, but settles back at 12-15 feet, to high to hand grab, flip rth and obst avoid and control came back, happens about every 5 flights, gonna try again and check s16 readings carefully. Any ideas before the battery runs out next time, maybe try to land over a big blanket or trampoline

The particular height you mentioned suggests problems with OBS, landing gear position. or a conflict between them. OBS is often a problem by itself. It is recommended to turn if off before landing.
If turning off OBS does not help, increase altitude to about 50 to 100 feet. Cycle the landing gear a couple of times then try landing again. Even if the gear is down the TH may think it is still up. Cycling the gear a couple times gives it a couple more chances to recognize the gear is actually down.

Known problem if the craft is equiped with a RealSense module. The last firmware for H available is solving the problem. Or I think so.

Check the firmware revision and report it here, please.

The particular height you mentioned suggests problems with OBS, landing gear position. or a conflict between them. OBS is often a problem by itself. It is recommended to turn if off before landing.
If turning off OBS does not help, increase altitude to about 50 to 100 feet. Cycle the landing gear a couple of times then try landing again. Even if the gear is down the TH may think it is still up. Cycling the gear a couple times gives it a couple more chances to recognize the gear is actually down.
Well, Before I got the post went out to see if maybe satelites were dropping out or some such, It rose to 50 feet and I descended and landed , a littlle slow but successful back up to 50 feet , fly a rectangle and come back, hover at 50 feet start to descend and again it hang at about 15 feet, as I check satelites etc I notice it is descending very slowly, rotate fast /slow wheel with no results, it comes down to about 3 feet and starts a slow swirl , I push up for asscent and it fly directly at half speed into my knee from about 30 feet away, lucky I have the prop guards installed so only 1 blade on a prop broke off, I will repair prop and this time do the landing gear cycle operation , I rarely use the landing gear sooo, Is there a way to turn off, or on the real sense module ? I always fly angle mode. Thank You so much for the advice

Known problem if the craft is equiped with a RealSense module. The last firmware for H available is solving the problem. Or I think so.

Check the firmware revision and report it here, please.
Firmware is on the S16 transmitter ? SR24S.25044v1.07 cameracg03p_720c95 st16 system st16-system-v03.01.b30 apk st16-app-v01.00.45 copyright 2014-2015

Firmware is on the S16 transmitter ? SR24S.25044v1.07 cameracg03p_720c95 st16 system st16-system-v03.01.b30 apk st16-app-v01.00.45 copyright 2014-2015
AUto pilot V1.35
Gimbal V1.25
Camera V3.2.34A cgo3 Pro
Realsenc Version V1.10
Thanks in advance

Well, Before I got the post went out to see if maybe satelites were dropping out or some such, It rose to 50 feet and I descended and landed , a littlle slow but successful back up to 50 feet , fly a rectangle and come back, hover at 50 feet start to descend and again it hang at about 15 feet, as I check satelites etc I notice it is descending very slowly, rotate fast /slow wheel with no results, it comes down to about 3 feet and starts a slow swirl , I push up for asscent and it fly directly at half speed into my knee from about 30 feet away, lucky I have the prop guards installed so only 1 blade on a prop broke off, I will repair prop and this time do the landing gear cycle operation , I rarely use the landing gear sooo, Is there a way to turn off, or on the real sense module ? I always fly angle mode. Thank You so much for the advice
Put the "OBS-AVOID" switch in the top (off) position to disable OBS. I'm pretty sure that also turns off RealSense, but not certain it turns off the downward (IPS) sensors. You can also try going into System Settings/Other Settings and uncheck the box for RealSense Installed.

The description of horizontal flight when you told it to ascend is worrisome. I suggest uploading your flightlogs to the forum so we can take a look at some of the issues you are having. See Attachment 60 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project as needed.

Reactions: DoomMeister
FLight log Dave I

Attachments

• FlightLog[1].zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: WTFDproject
Put the "OBS-AVOID" switch in the top (off) position to disable OBS. I'm pretty sure that also turns off RealSense, but not certain it turns off the downward (IPS) sensors. You can also try going into System Settings/Other Settings and uncheck the box for RealSense Installed.

The description of horizontal flight when you told it to ascend is worrisome. I suggest uploading your flightlogs to the forum so we can take a look at some of the issues you are having. See Attachment 60 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project as needed.
Putting the OBS switch in full up position should disable RealSense and both forward and downward sonar sensors.

I have found recently I have to do a compas and accelerometer calibration more often than I used to. When was the last time these were done. Makes all the difference in the world to my H pro.KC

Copter's FW I mean. And again, do you have RealSense installed?

Putting the OBS switch in full up position should disable RealSense and both forward and downward sonar sensors.
Really doesn't. This switch has a local function for the ST16 only. It doesn't send anything over the air.

FLight log Dave I
Having a hard time understanding what I see. One thing I CAN see is that at the time you increased altitude, you also bumped pitch forward a little. The drone way overreacted to the pitch command. The pitch stick itself is a little off center (low) a good bit of the time, suggesting a pot cleaning is needed.
Also, Pitch and Roll are moving around a good bit when the stick is not moving. Was it particularly windy at the time?

Having a hard time understanding what I see. One thing I CAN see is that at the time you increased altitude, you also bumped pitch forward a little. The drone way overreacted to the pitch command. The pitch stick itself is a little off center (low) a good bit of the time, suggesting a pot cleaning is needed.
Also, Pitch and Roll are moving around a good bit when the stick is not moving. Was it particularly windy at the time?
No, not particularly windy, less than 4 mph, and yes, as it began to move at low altitude I probably attempted an over correction. I will lubricate both pots, I do check hardware screen and all seems to self center well, I have never updated software or used realsense and the typhoon is almost five years old -- The failure to descend is still a great concern, does it matter that even tapping the red start button has no effect. I cant thank you enough for all the great advice, your concern is truly appreciated -- Dave Isaacson Northern Minnesota

You can eliminate any problems with the RealSense by just removing it.

Just to clarify.......when you flip the mode switch to Home, does it descend or does it still stop at 15' altitude?

If the RealSense is connected to the main unit, it works. Update FW to the last or remove the RS.
Thanks for the great advice, is the procedure to update FW in the new online manual , I will try the return to home tomorrow, probably try removing realsense module, and cycling the landing gear several times in flight

Get the copter by one hand, turn it over with legs up, train the gear. ;)

Update is possible in few ways. I would recomend to do this by GUI, but the procedure is with few steps. Still (imho) not present in the WTFproject book, but this is the safest way to do the job. Now is the best time to add a new chapter, isn't it?

Reactions: 7cyclops
Thanks for the great advice, is the procedure to update FW in the new online manual , I will try the return to home tomorrow, probably try removing realsense module, and cycling the landing gear several times in flight
The update procedure is in this post
Post in thread 'typhoon h slow moving'
typhoon h slow moving

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me