Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16(s) Screen Recorder

Reaction score
Hello gang, thought I’d share with you guys my screen recorder setup, since Yuneec does not have a visual telemetry playback, and for sometime, I have been frustrated with Yuneec’s inaccurate telemetry timestamp, when uploading the telemetry to DroneLogbook the timestamp does not match the mission. Screen capture is a great solution for reporting purposes.

I ran across @Ty Pilot screen recorder setup, and made a similar mod. to mine. I tested it out yesterday and I’m now able to cache my flight logs and able to make an accurate report log.

View attachment 12244
View attachment 12245
View attachment 12246

Updated

This is what I purchased to make plug n' play.

1) Duttek 3.3feet/1m USB 2.0 A Male to DC 5.5x2.5mm 5 Volt DC Barrel Jack Power Cabel for usb to dc 5.5x2.1mm Male Connector Cable Cord (5.5mmx2.5mm/3.3feet)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DL39TNP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) HDMI Game Capture Card HD Video Capture 1080P HDMI Video Recorder Compatible with Xbox One/ PS4/ Wii U /Nintendo Switch etc. Support Mic in

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VM4J4Y6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Portable Charger 32000 RAVPower 32000mAh Power Banks 6A Output, External USB Battery Pack for iPhone Xs, iPhone X, Galaxy and More (3-Port, 2.4A Input, Triple iSmart 2.0 USB)
( My first power bank was a hyper gear, I recently changed due to weight.)

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Cha...213904&sr=1-23-spons&keywords=powerbank&psc=1

Last edited:
Hello gang, thought I’d share with you guys my screen recorder setup, since Yuneec does not have a visual telemetry playback, and for sometime, I have been frustrated with Yuneec’s inaccurate telemetry timestamp, when uploading the telemetry to DroneLogbook the timestamp does not match the mission. Screen capture is a great solution for reporting purposes.

I ran across @Ty Pilot screen recorder setup, and made a similar mod. to mine. I tested it out yesterday and I’m now able to cache my flight logs and able to make an accurate report log.

View attachment 12228
View attachment 12229
View attachment 12227

Where's your "TyPilot" tray?

:D

Is this equipment for H520 or Typhoon H Plus?

H Plus seems to have proper timestamps in FlightLogs. But I found it impossible to detect from telemetry when exactly the aircraft started and landed.

br HE

That’s big failure across brands. If they dumped the concept of providing “local time” to everyone and simply used a standardized format tied to a GPS time stamp there would be less room for coding error. Greenwich is the standard used for aviation around the world. Those that want to use local time zones add or subtract from that.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
That’s big failure across brands. If they dumped the concept of providing “local time” to everyone and simply used a standardized format tied to a GPS time stamp there would be less room for coding error. Greenwich is the standard used for aviation around the world. Those that want to use local time zones add or subtract from that.

My DJI drones are pretty accurate, when entered in DroneLogBook, as well as the telemetry files cache in DJI Assistant.

What recorder are using brand wise or if you can provide a link, that would be great.

This is what I purchased to make plug n' play.

1) Duttek 3.3feet/1m USB 2.0 A Male to DC 5.5x2.5mm 5 Volt DC Barrel Jack Power Cabel for usb to dc 5.5x2.1mm Male Connector Cable Cord (5.5mmx2.5mm/3.3feet)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DL39TNP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) HDMI Game Capture Card HD Video Capture 1080P HDMI Video Recorder Compatible with Xbox One/ PS4/ Wii U /Nintendo Switch etc. Support Mic in

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VM4J4Y6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Portable Charger 32000 RAVPower 32000mAh Power Banks 6A Output, External USB Battery Pack for iPhone Xs, iPhone X, Galaxy and More (3-Port, 2.4A Input, Triple iSmart 2.0 USB)
( My first power bank was a hyper gear, I recently changed due to weight.)

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Cha...213904&sr=1-23-spons&keywords=powerbank&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: JackMTaco
This is a Typhoon H Plus, right? Can you please explain, what is incorrect with time stamps?
I have never experienced that. I do not understand what screen recording can improve in this case altough is very interesting to be with you on the screen. Screen recording is also very good for trouble shooting and documentation of workflow to help others.

br HE

This is a Typhoon H Plus, right? Can you please explain, what is incorrect with time stamps?
I have never experienced that. I do not understand what screen recording can improve in this case altough is very interesting to be with you on the screen. Screen recording is also very good for trouble shooting and documentation of workflow to help others.

br HE

If you look in your telemetry files, the timestamp are incorrect and when you load your files in DroneLogBook it is not accurate. Recording mission flights is another method in keeping logs, this is nothing new, a learned workflow from the veterans in the field.

DJI has a visual telemetry recorder, and I also use an app to record my flights, when flying my DJI drones.

The recorder is like having another black box. Better safe that sorry, when it’s time to show proof.

The time stamps are exacly those that shown on the ST16S screen. maybe there is a lag in ms but below 200ms.

,fskRssi,voltage,current,altitude,latitude,longitude,tas,gpsUsed,fixType,satellitesNum,roll,yaw,pitch,motorStatus,imuStatus,gpsStatus,cgpsStatus,pressCompassStatus,fMode,gpsPosUsed,vehicleType,errorFlags1,gpsAccH,vSpeed,hSpeed
20180616 12:41:44:383,-26,5.0,0.0,-0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,false,0,0,0.0,90.0,0.0,255,245,1,3,255,10,false,5,0,0.0,-0.0,0.0
20180616 12:41:46:809,-39,17.3,100.0,-0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,false,0,0,0.0,90.0,0.0,255,245,1,3,255,10,false,5,0,0.0,-0.0,0.0

But you are right, there a many problems in the telemetry files of H Plus:
- pitch, roll, yaw came late with build 757.
- fMode do no more usable to identify real flight time.
- gpsAccH not supported
- error flags not supported
- many useless records with wrong values seed.
- current is not current, but remaining capacity in %

But time stamp looks OK for me. It is taken from ST16S time settings.

I do not know what DroneLogBook is doing and if they read this stuff right. It's difficult due to disadvantages above (flight time, senseless data records and so on).

It's not about to bother you, but I want to understand what is happen here in this case. Is the difference in DoroneLogBook days, hours , one hour, minutes, seconds, duration or what else?

br HE

The time stamps are exacly those that shown on the ST16S screen. maybe there is a lag in ms but below 200ms.

,fskRssi,voltage,current,altitude,latitude,longitude,tas,gpsUsed,fixType,satellitesNum,roll,yaw,pitch,motorStatus,imuStatus,gpsStatus,cgpsStatus,pressCompassStatus,fMode,gpsPosUsed,vehicleType,errorFlags1,gpsAccH,vSpeed,hSpeed
20180616 12:41:44:383,-26,5.0,0.0,-0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,false,0,0,0.0,90.0,0.0,255,245,1,3,255,10,false,5,0,0.0,-0.0,0.0
20180616 12:41:46:809,-39,17.3,100.0,-0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,false,0,0,0.0,90.0,0.0,255,245,1,3,255,10,false,5,0,0.0,-0.0,0.0

But you are right, there a many problems in the telemetry files of H Plus:
- pitch, roll, yaw came late with build 757.
- fMode do no more usable to identify real flight time.
- gpsAccH not supported
- error flags not supported
- many useless records with wrong values seed.
- current is not current, but remaining capacity in %

But time stamp looks OK for me. It is taken from ST16S time settings.

I do not know what DroneLogBook is doing and if they read this stuff right. It's difficult due to disadvantages above (flight time, senseless data records and so on).

It's not about to bother you, but I want to understand what is happen here in this case. Is the difference in DoroneLogBook days, hours , one hour, minutes, seconds, duration or what else?

br HE

Here are the digital tools to keep a flight log:

1) Hover (it temperamental and needs a good internet connection)
2) KittyHawk (DJI Friendly)
3) Skyward
4) UAVSA Logbook
5) And everyone's favorite is Jonathan Rupprecht "Drone Operator's Logbook" I call this the old school method, and very effective, but I tend to just upload telemetry files, but lately has been forced to manually log, I thank my Yuneec for bringing me back to basics.

This is what DroneLogBook looks like. (NOTE* The FW has not been changed, I have to create another drone profile, with the new build)

This great about DroneLogBook and also UAVSA Logbook is that it allows me to do all my reporting in an organized fashion, and able to share the information to my clients.

Note* The time of the Inspire 1 is accurate. I punch in for work at 11am everyday 7 days a week.

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.15.05 AM.png

I can also download my mission flight as a KML File. One use of a KML File is by creating a relative to ground points that I share with other pilots who are flying the same project as I am, and droneLogBook makes this easier, specially for DJI users who are using Drone Deploy or DJI GSP Pro, and I hope in the future, if ever Yuneec comes out with a mission hub for the H+ KML Files will become handy.

Yuneec creates a by second telemetry point, and in some aspect is good, annoying, but a great and precise way of keeping data.

Here's how to manual create a Relative To Ground point system, using Yuneec's telemetry.

Seems I'm too dumb to understand what you are doing. In the video I cannot read the text, file names, names of programs no matter how high Iset the resolution. And it goes so fast, that I don't understand what it does.

However, let's talk about time stamps. You are saying in the flight record list above, all flights have to be at 11:xx:xx? And Yuneec sends +/- one hour? That means, your time on ST16S is moving, right? If so, the ST16S is crap and needs to be replaced.
Time stamps in telemetry and the other CSV files are always taken from ST16S internal clock. If time zone and time is set right, it should be right in FlightLog too.

Remark: There is another web service for Yuneec telemetry: WebFlightPath.com : Online Drone Services
I have followed this in the past, but I don't know if and how they support H Plus now.

And we have in Germany for professional user: https://www.flynex.io/map2fly-pro

br HE

I’ll say this again like I have said many times before on different threads. If you take your flight records from the ST16s you will not get accurate timestamps or accurate telemetry. You need to download the ulogs from the either the H plus or H520 whichever you use. This is done by plugging in your aircraft to a pc or Mac and using Qgroundcontrol. Then and only then will they be accurate to upload to drone logbook

I’ll say this again like I have said many times before on different threads. If you take your flight records from the ST16s you will not get accurate timestamps or accurate telemetry. You need to download the ulogs from the either the H plus or H520 whichever you use. This is done by plugging in your aircraft to a pc or Mac and using Qgroundcontrol. Then and only then will they be accurate to upload to drone logbook

Interesting. I have to do my due diligence on Qgroundcontrol and will Qgroundcontrol let me convert a readable .cvs file and upload to Dronelogbook?

I’m on it now and searching. Thanks again @Peggy

That time stamp is wrong I have heard now many times but this does not anwer the question. The question is, what is wrong, random time shift, one hour or ???

At times random. Date time, as well as location. And now that Peggy has clarified that there is another workable platform “Qgroundcontrol” I will try it out.

Seems I'm too dumb to understand what you are doing. In the video I cannot read the text, file names, names of programs no matter how high Iset the resolution. And it goes so fast, that I don't understand what it does.

However, let's talk about time stamps. You are saying in the flight record list above, all flights have to be at 11:xx:xx? And Yuneec sends +/- one hour? That means, your time on ST16S is moving, right? If so, the ST16S is crap and needs to be replaced.
Time stamps in telemetry and the other CSV files are always taken from ST16S internal clock. If time zone and time is set right, it should be right in FlightLog too.

Remark: There is another web service for Yuneec telemetry: WebFlightPath.com : Online Drone Services
I have followed this in the past, but I don't know if and how they support H Plus now.

And we have in Germany for professional user: https://www.flynex.io/map2fly-pro

br HE

Relative to ground, this method is used to plot way points in google earth, set latitude and longitude where you can visually see your flight path. The file is then saved as KML and imported to your sUAS mission hub.

Hopefully the H+ will have a mission hub similar to that of UAVToolbox (?) that @Tuna wrote for the H480

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital