Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S Android Version

Reaction score
Does anybody know what version of android the newer version of the st16 (st16s) is runnning?

The ST-16S is not compatible with the H or H Pro. As far as the Android version... I believe the ST-16S controller runs a modified version of Android, much as the ST-16 does. But an owner would have to check the specs, going into the pad, for the quoted Android version.

Also, since you are asking about the ST-16S I am moving this thread to the Plus forum.
But if in fact you are asking about the ST-16+, I will move it back the the H discussion.

The Android version is the same. 4.4.4
But there is nothing you can do with the operating system. It is locked down for safety reasons because it is a flight controller.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Just for clarification once again.

The ST-16 and ST-16+ are functionally the same and only differ by the ST-16+ having one more of the 2.4 ghz antennas mounted externally (3 visible antennas instead of 2). They are used to control the Typhoon H, Typhoon H Pro (RealSense), and the H920.

The ST-16S is functionally different and is used to control the Typhoon H Plus and the H520. Recent information from another thread seems to support that the difference for the H520 and TH+ versions is just the flight interface that loads on power up (I ordered a news ST16s Controller to use Team Mode for my H Plus. They Sent one with 520 apps loaded.).

Reactions: 10-8
The Android version is the same. 4.4.4
But there is nothing you can do with the operating system. It is locked down for safety reasons because it is a flight controller.
Whats locked down about the st16s ? its advertised that it has a browser. and is it locked down like the st16+? because the st16+ has full internet and browsing capabilities

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Just because you can, does not mean it is a recommended practice...

I know... just saying that was it was possible for the only reason to find out about the ST16S, if it had the same possibility

what?, I was just noting that you can surf the web on the ST16.
Perhaps you can if you never intend to use it for a flight controller.
You could load it up with apps and then watch your bird go on a private mission while you watch the screen saying Flightmode as stopped.

Thats exactly what I did and yet my bird stayed faithful to it's owner and made sure to return before sunset...

Thats exactly what I did and yet my bird stayed faithful to it's owner and made sure to return before sunset...
On a serious note: Don't do anything with the controller other than use it for flight. It is not intended to be a surfing tool for the internet. There are lots of other things more suitable. Part of being a responsible pilot involves taking care of your equipment. This is an aircraft, not an RC car. It is capable of causing some serious damage in the wrong hands.

It's your choice to fly responsibly. Choosing otherwise leaves a trail of evidence.

Could a higher android version be loaded on to this for use of a different drone? IE app needing android 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers