Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trees and antenna interference

Indeed[emoji4]. With just the aircraft there’s no way to know unless it looks beat up.

Which is the best battery for distance?

The battery that gets you back on the ground safely... and yes, I'm quite serious about that. It is shortsighted for anyone to chase the various drone fairies... the time fairy... the distance fairy... the max height fairy. The question cannot be answered because of the variables involved.

Are you flying with a tailwind, and therefore returning into a headwind? What speed? Better have more than 50% power left or you're not getting back. Another member found out in a recent crash, that altitude is as much of a distance factor as lateral distance from the ST-16. Are you still filming on the way back... extra power used by the camera. At least a dozen other factors that I haven't touched on.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR and KEITH KUHN
My other drones equipped with nacelle use batteries kypooms 8000 for 40 real minutes of flights

Until they come out with the next generation of energy density batteries, that will not happen on this platform. Even the bigger batteries of the 520 and the Plus are only getting 30-35 minutes on avg.

Well not quite correct. I have a new battery which came with a new H. I filled a warranty claim online and on their return e-mail they gave me instructions on how to return my faulty battery.
Yuneec does not take used batteries back and only ships new batteries. There’s a massive liability issue for people that ship used batteries. If something happens with a battery in transit the shipper owns all the damages. In short you’ll receive a new battery.

The new ir refurbished aircraft thing is a little different. If a used aircraft was properly refurbished it would in all probability be a better choice than a new one as it was fully checked out by a factory trained technician. A brand new H likely comes out of the assembly process, gets a few quick table checks, and goes into a box for shipment. Since the warranty is the same I don’t see an issue with a refurb. Chit can happen new or refurb. Not saying luck of the draw is involved but I tend to like things that have been well checked out.

As for telling the difference, if Yuneec purges all the tel files and photos from a used ST-16 and the camera SD card there’s really no way to tell unless some of the components show wear and tear. Check the files after receiving it. If they are clear except for a few files generated at the Yuneec factory location it’s likely brand new. If there’s a bunch of files and photos in there it’s a used unit.

My other drones equipped with nacelle use batteries kypooms 8000 for 40 real minutes of flights

So where’s the problem? If you have drones that give you 40 minutes flight time you should be flying them if that’s the time you require. Don’t make your flight time desires a Yuneec issue. It’s your personal issue. If it’s a desire to standardize your fleet you might want to buy another of those 40 minute drones, provided they can do all an H does.

Well not quite correct. I have a new battery which came with a new H. I filled a warranty claim online and on their return e-mail they gave me instructions on how to return my faulty battery.

Not disputing you but you’re the first I have heard that from. However, as Yuneec isn’t the one shipping a used battery they carry no liability. Lithium batteries are now classified as a HazMat and must be labeled with a U.N. identification placard. Guess who is certifying the battery as safe for transport when it gets shipped?[emoji6]

Not really. Yuneec has a history of being good to their customers that have been working with customer service though.
Not really. Yuneec has a history of being good to their customers that have been working with customer service though.

Want to stick with them I love my typhoon h.
I have actually had four of them.
I bought sold and upgraded.
7 accidents only two for their fault.
The very first fly away I had, I press the red button to start the props.
The Drone shot up in the air so fast it blew my mind. Luckily it hit a tree and fell out. I sent that one back to yuneec for warranty repair.
It took four months I am not complaining at least they took care of it. My last Fly Away flew all over the place and ended up in the bottom of a river 15 to 20 ft deep. So this is why they are sending me another one which will be here on the 7th or 10th of July.
Keith Kuhn

Yep; kypom K6 lipo battery pack - Kypom Technology Stock Co., Ltd

Not buying the 40 minute flight time with a Tarot 680 though. Even using 320kV motors and an 8,000mA battery.

Hi Pat I'm not out for heavy-duty flying time. I just never heard of that battery before. I contacted the company just to see if they make it
For the typhoon h.
I just now got done flying my H
12 minute flight that wss plenty. It
Is always great when you bring it home safely. Video coming soon.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UweH