Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Binding issue.

Reaction score
Moderator Note: This discussion was moved from an existing thread ("Don't get it.") to avoid confusing two similar issues. Review of the original thread may be helpful to understand part of the background.

Peter,
This document is a lot more than just binding instructions. It is a verification process to determine what is causing a failure to bind. You have to do every single step exactly as written. After most steps, it will ask you to verify the results of the last step. When you reach a step than does not verify, DO NOT CONTINUE in the document. Stop where you are, and come back to the forum to tell us what step did not work, and what actually happened.
This document is very tedious to read. But if you can stand it, it will help us understand the problem.

By the way, I went through the checklist and where it bombs out is step 35. The orange LED never lights up at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I went through the checklist and where it bombs out is step 35. The orange LED never lights up at all.
@HokieDrone,
Good feedback. Things can't be fixed if I don't know there is a problem.
But please clarify your situation. Are you also having a problem binding? Or were you running through the procedure with a healthy aircraft.

If running through with a healthy air craft, maybe we can figure out why you can't see the LED, and change the procedure to compensate. A couple new thoughts are already in my head.

• Love
Reactions: Mike Irish
@HokieDrone,
Good feedback. Things can't be fixed if I don't know there is a problem.
But please clarify your situation. Are you also having a problem binding? Or were you running through the procedure with a healthy aircraft.

If running through with a healthy air craft, maybe we can figure out why you can't see the LED, and change the procedure to compensate. A couple new thoughts are already in my head.

I stupidly flew the drone in a high wind (about 26 mph) and on landing there was a gust that flipped the drone (probably about 40 mph). The top shell was cracked as was the ESC board and 5 of the 6 arm latches were broken. I replaced the top shell (and its GPS), the ESC board and the arm latches.

The camera will bind to the controller but the drone will not. The rear light does flash orange but the drone doesn’t show up on the binding list menu.

I took the shell off, repeated the procedure and the little orange LED never lit up.

Last edited:
I stupidly flew the drone in a high wind (about 26 mph) and on landing there was a gust that flipped the drone (probably about 40 mph). The top shell was cracked as was the ESC board and 5 of the 6 arm latches were broken. I replaced the top shell (and its GPS), the ESC board and the arm latches.

The camera will bind to the controller but the drone will not. The rear light does flash orange but the drone doesn’t show up on the binding list menu.

I took the shell of repeated the procedure and the little orange LED never lit up.
That description fits with a dead RF module. The drone mainboard knows it wants to bind, but it can't communicate with the drone's RF Module (Receiver). The small led (through the vent) is the indicator for the RF Module. It is likely the RF module has come unplugged from the mainboard, or a wire is damaged. It's possible the module itself is damaged, but that seems unlikely.

@HokieDrone,
The RF module connector is somewhat accessible through the battery opening. You may be able to check it without removing the mainboard.
View attachment 23437
It was definitely the RF Module. I replaced it and the drone easily bound to the controller. I ran a check with the GUI and everything looked okay. I recalibrated the compass. I ran up the motors and everything looked good. I took it up and hovered and landed. Everything was still good. I'll take it out for a true test flight tomorrow when the weather is better.

When I examined the RF Module after I'd replaced it I noticed that 2 of the wires had come out of the connector. That may have happened when I snaked the wire bundle back through the chassis. When I get a chance I'll test it and see if that was the problem but the important thing is that the drone is back up and working!

Attachments

• PPWFKNiVTVWCZlItR0r1xQ.jpg
    PPWFKNiVTVWCZlItR0r1xQ.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy