Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H bricks

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I turned my H on and no led on. I tried to update its firmware several times with version 28 and recently with version 35. GUI shows me there is no COM port.

Is it bricked ? Or its mainboard has a failure or is a BIOS damage?

I think if I could install a full firmware without using GUI would be a solution. Am I right?

Please any advice will be greatly appreciated

If you have a TH with RealSense, make sure you plug the USB cable into the correct port. Both the TH and the RS/IPS module have USB ports. The port you want is on the underside of the TH, not on the side of the RS/IPS module.

If it does absolutely nothing when attempting to power on; no lights, no beeps, no nothing, then it sounds like either your battery is shot or the H is shot or both.

Try this just to see what happens;
  • Verify the H has not been turned on
  • Remove the propellers from the H
  • Remove the SD card from the camera if one is present
  • Open the GUI
  • Connect the USB cable between the H and your computer. Use the USB port on the bottom of the H by the landing gear leg
  • Push and hold down the power button of the H
Does the GUI now recognize the H?

I've got de-brick it however after bind its model beeb doesn't stop and no camera has scanned to be bind it. I'm almost believing that mainboard has damaged.

Since you now seem to be communicating with the system try uploading the current firmware again, this time explicitly following the directions provided in this video:

Since you now seem to be communicating with the system try uploading the current firmware again, this time explicitly following the directions provided in this video:
I've updated with this firmware version and still peebing when it start and no camera has scanned.

Last edited:
You're probably also getting a WiFi disconnected message as well. Go back to the model select menu, select Typhoon H, and bind. Then select the camera, CGO3 pro. Refresh the firmware to see if it is there. If not, go to the Tools icon and put the -16 in Team mode. Go back to System Settings and refresh the firmware again. See what pops up.

It's extremely rare for the system not to see the camera. Usually that only happens when the camera is not correctly seated on the mount.

You're probably also getting a WiFi disconnected message as well. Go back to the model select menu, select Typhoon H, and bind. Then select the camera, CGO3 pro. Refresh the firmware to see if it is there. If not, go to the Tools icon and put the -16 in Team mode. Go back to System Settings and refresh the firmware again. See what pops up.

It's extremely rare for the system not to see the camera. Usually that only happens when the camera is not correctly seated on the mount.
It's already Wifi connected and still beebing with or without complete gimbal. When I tried to update in ST16 System Settings>About Controller>Aircraft a message appear "Update Wifi is disabled, update failed", although Wifi has been connected.
Have you any access about its beepings meanings (library) ?

So what happens when you attempt to upgrade the firmware via the USB connection (GUI mode) or the memory card now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy