Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h crash

Hi Yak54,
I just saw this incident report now. I had a similar thing happen to me and I chalked it up to pilot error. I had flown the Syma X5C for about two years off and on. More "off" than on, but had some experience with a very hard-to-control quadcopter. Long story short, I hadn't done the calibrations, and when I wanted to go above the tree line, things went crazy. I tried to bring the Typhoon H back and hit the "home" position, but it just kept going in the wrong direction and crashed into a tree about 50 feet above ground. Since then, I have been terrified every time I took the drone up. One thing I did that helped me a little with my confidence was to buy the very low-cost Yuneec Flight Simulator (UAV Pilot) at about $40. I also calibrated everything I could find to calibrate. I have yet to go much beyond 20 feet in altitude. My backyard isn't quite sufficient to do that kind of thing.
I found out the hard way. In any case between Vertigo Drones and Terrestrial Imaging, I bought two sets of propellers, two replacement arms and the gimbal carriage mount for the camera and was able to put the drone back together in flying condition. I can't say that Yuneec support was very much help.
I'm still trying to figure out how to read the flight logs. This program has been somewhat helpful for me. Q500FlightLog2kml.exe. It was written in German, but is available in English.
In summary, I am very sympathetic with you and wish you the best in making it work again. It looks like you have some excellent guidance from rdonson in this forum. Best to you.

Ok slip ring replaced,all calibrations done and st16 and h has been updated. Two questions. On the st16 thw 2 switches on the left top what position should they be in? And why does the camera go to the right half way and stop after powering up?

Here is a pic of what it does

Attachments

• 20180522_210657.jpg
    20180522_210657.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 17
Here are some pilot created manuals that should fill in your knowledge of this aircraft.

Typhoon H manual

Typhoon H manual - cleaned Up and updated (70pgs)

What your photo shows is generally corrected by a gimbal calibration. If that doesn't fix it and everything else is up to snuff (controls, etc.) then you may want to pursue creating a new model for the H in the ST16 and binding to it.

Last edited:
Any idea why i believe its channel j3 only goes to 25% while throttle and aileron ch goes to 100

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig