Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H landing gear motor - Look inside

Reaction score
The small module that operates the Typhoon H landing gear actually has a tiny electric motor inside connected to a thin bolt with a nut that rides up and down it. As long as the motor doesn't burn out & the tiny gears don't get stripped, it may be easy to fix most "H" landing gears that stop working.

LANDING GEAR.jpg

That is small but efficient. I like it too. I believe brass is self lubbing?

Hey @CAPTAINDRONE. I LOVE it when people disassemble stuff and post photos for all to see. Thank you.
Thanks John, but that is not me taking this piece apart (My Typhoon is still with UPS on the way back to me).

The take apart can be viewed here. Apparently the guy had a hard landing and broke one of his landing gear, so he took it apart while awaiting a new part from Yuneec: How's your German?

He did a very good explanation on what was broken and how the motor functions. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks John, but that is not me taking this piece apart (My Typhoon is still with UPS on the way back to me).

The take apart can be viewed here. Apparently the guy had a hard landing and broke one of his landing gear, so he took it apart while awaiting a new part from Yuneec: How's your German?
Ok, gotcha. My German? Fair....I can hold my own...kinda.:rolleyes:

Is there a motor on each side or does that one drive both?

Mine Nist Good

Man the guy in the video seems to have a different word for everything. i:)i

Maybe it is just me but I am impressed how well built that is. I was kind of expecting a motor attached to some plastic gears and a more simple design. That is a pretty complex unit. All metal. I am impressed and happy. i:)i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval