Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Manuals

At least it is 2 mph greater than the Phantoms, and way more than Parrots and such. I can live with that. It's the size that is effected by wind and it's not a great great size bigger than a P3/4. The extra rotors are generally more effective for increasing the payload weights(lift) than for wind resistance.

No chance. my P3P will fly 22mph/30kph easily. I'm sure DJI manual states that as well.
Port Coogee | Skypicswa
These are at 35kph
I'm hoping the H will do the same :)

No chance. my P3P will fly 22mph/30kph easily. I'm sure DJI manual states that as well.
Port Coogee | Skypicswa
These are at 35kph
I'm hoping the H will do the same :)
Read the thread please ! we are talking about the MPH that the "H" is rated max to fly in "WIND" not speed the craft can go. The "H" is rated at 12 mph max wind to fly in and the manual of the Phantom 3 states 10 mph max wind!

I did read the thread and I am talking about wind NOT speed, so get off ya high horse.
I know the Q500 has issues in wind as I have flown it so I was hoping the H would be much more better.
As I fly commercially it is important as it is a pre flight checklist.
Read my reply... 35kph is wind speed! Hard to take a still shot travelling at 35kph :eek:

Actual max speed of the YTH is 43.5 MPH.

Angle mode is novice mode and is slower.
Smart mod is novice from what I read, and no, Angle is for more advanced. It is just alot of the features are available in smart as it fly's slower

Last edited:
And a troublesome 26' take off/land barrier around you, so if you take of inside the 26' it can fly randomly in any direction to the 26 ', even if it's into you or a building or tree, something I will not use!

Smart mod is novice from what I read, and no, Angle is for more advanced. It is just alot of the features are available in smart as it fly's slower

That's what I would have thought, but speaking with a Yuneec CS rep I got the info I reported. I think he may have been confused by the fact the the max speed for angle mode is slower than in smart mode. I guess they want the craft to be able to keep up with a fast moving subject in follow me, but they don't trust the pilot with full throttle in angle mode.

Reactions: DroneClone
Exactly. Angle Mode with Yuneec is like Attitude Mode with the older DJ* hardware (referring to the Naza-M here). In this mode, there is no GPS but of course the vehicle is stabilized with it's accelerometers and gyroscopes. This mode will actually give you smoother flight and video assuming you know how to fly MR's (multirotors).

Exactly. Angle Mode with Yuneec is like Attitude Mode with the older DJ* hardware (referring to the Naza-M here). In this mode, there is no GPS but of course the vehicle is stabilized with it's accelerometers and gyroscopes. This mode will actually give you smoother flight and video assuming you know how to fly MR's (multirotors).
But John, does not Angle mode still have GPS ?

Hey DroneClone. You know what? I'm not sure. I've not yet read the manual and so my statement about Yuneec's Angle Mode was based on some comment I heard from some reviewer god only knows when. I seem to remember someone equating Angle Mode with DJ* Attitude Mode which meant the vehicle is stabilized but not using GPS. I will check on this of course and get back with the group. Sorry for the confusion!

From page 9 of the online manual:

*Additional Angle (Pilot) Mode Feature:
The Typhoon H will automatically hold
its position (with a suitable GPS
signal/lock) and maintain a level attitude
when the both joysticks are centered.

Has a revised manual been posted by Yuneec? I have the one that DC saved and posted above (before Yuneec removed them) and have been reading that while charging batteries for the H and ST-16. Only a quick start guide and some sheets were sent with the H I received this morning. I was expecting a printed manual as well.

From page 9 of the online manual:

*Additional Angle (Pilot) Mode Feature:
The Typhoon H will automatically hold
its position (with a suitable GPS
signal/lock) and maintain a level attitude
when the both joysticks are centered.
Obviously, I stand corrected in my previous post above. I apologize for the worsening of the S/N ratio here.:confused:

Maybe someone here who actually has a manual could straighten me out then. Is there indeed a mode offered from Yuneec that takes GPS out of the equation and offers the pilot free flight?

There is no manual other than what Yuneec previously had online and which DC posted above on page 1 (I think) of this thread. I just got off the phone with Yuneec asking about an updated manual and was told that there is not one available at this time. The representative said they were making some changes to the manual and I asked her if she could give me some idea what those were because that left me some concern that the version I had might lead me astray. She said there is "nothing wrong" with the manual that would cause problems, they're just making some changes. Perhaps it has something to do with features that were related to the delay or some of the mistakes.

OT for this thread, but since I had her on the phone I asked about the availability of additional batteries for the ST-16. Since it takes something like 4.5 hours to charge I thought I might want an extra battery although I could also always use an external power pack. She said that they did not have them available at this time either.

Angle Mode is the same a "P" Mode in DJI, still have GPS assist. Smart Mode fly's slower and has the 26 ' parameter around you, which I do not like , as if you are inside the 26' the H will fly to get outside it in any direction it chooses and can fly into things.

Here is the Quick Start Guide that comes on the SD card. There is also the cheat sheet and compass calibration documents already included by DC on page 1 of this thread. There is also a manual for the wizard.

Attachments

• Typhoon H quick start guide.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie