Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H officially discontinued

Probably wouldn't of got a sale if he'd said 2016?
He said he got them from Yuneec end of last year. No idea how long Yuneec had them before that. We'll see tomorrow when they arrive !

H480 is removed now!

As you’ve been treated like an “unofficial” inside source for Yuneec for some time now, how about making some revelations about the company’s future plans?

That could go a long way towards rebuilding customer expectations and trust, while providing more than a few old customers a reason to continue watching the brand name for future model releases. Much of what has been said in the past that would happen has not and many have lost faith. It’s long past time to reveal what is actually in the pipe if Yuneec desires to maintain relevance.

Removed.....from what? The discontinued page? The sales pages? I looked at US, UK and Germany....seems everything is “Out of Stock”.....the US store actually has something to sell.....H Pro and Typhoon 4K.....everything else is out.

So what’s up? Reducing staff....no batteries.....out of stock.....nothing new on the horizon.....

Seems to me (and @PatR ) that the writing is on the wall......

Removed.....from what? The discontinued page? The sales pages? I looked at US, UK and Germany....seems everything is “Out of Stock”.....the US store actually has something to sell.....H Pro and Typhoon 4K.....everything else is out.

So what’s up? Reducing staff....no batteries.....out of stock.....nothing new on the horizon.....

Seems to me (and @PatR ) that the writing is on the wall......
Standard and Pro models still available here at Yuneec UK. Batteries on back order, vast majority of spares available, the ones out of stock on backotder.spoke to them yesterday
Ordered gimbsl rubbers and ST16 battery and prop adapters from them.

Yuneec has an opportunity to do some great stuff if they desire and have the ability, but to capitalize on it they need to provide consumers with hope.

Yuneec has an opportunity to do some great stuff if they desire and have the ability, but to capitalize on it they need to provide consumers with hope.
Well it has to be soon.

They will merge the two. The new will have 3 orange arms and 3 gray arms. The hood on will also be gray and orange below to see it well. The new camera will be a melange of the C23 and the E90. I think it will be called CE113 ....17051

• Haha
Reactions: h-elsner
What were the date on the batteries? Hopefully a little newer than 2016

No, I have been comprehensively deceived there by the looks of it ! :) Despite being assured by the guy on the phone that they came in 'towards the end of last year' I get the delivery unwrapped to find the manufacture date on the box has been obscured with a sharpie, presumably in an attempt to make sure I don't see it ! But he forgot to do the labels inside the packs themselves and so I see these 2 were manufactured Sept 2016.

Other than that they look perfect, and I haven't charged them yet, so don't know how they behave. What would we expect to see from packs that old, and do any of you consider them unsafe to fly ?

Aero, I purchased an OEM battery from a hobby store several months ago that had date of 2016. I too was apprehensive, but took a chance.
They give me 17 to 18 minutes of flight time down to 14.5 at landing, with camera running at all times.
He has two more I may purchase.

Thanks AH. Actually I have now checked all my batteries, and the ones my H came with were the same date, 09-2016, and they have been performing absolutely fine for a whole year. So I am not too worried about it myself...

Aero, I purchased an OEM battery from a hobby store several months ago that had date of 2016. I too was apprehensive, but took a chance.
They give me 17 to 18 minutes of flight time down to 14.5 at landing, with camera running at all times.
He has two more I may purchase.
I have five 2016 batteries, performing well, their internal resistance is lower than some 2017/18 I have. Even though I give them the same maintenance care, but the newer batteries which I got may not have had a good storage life prior to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech