Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h plus st16+ Interface !!!

Reaction score
How to get it?????? I recently bought a new typhoon H plus drone only and I already had the typhoon H St16+ controller but when binding the typhoon H plus it does not register the H plus and or no new interface please help appreciate it very much. Thank you

The question is, what is a ST16+. Is it a ST16S for the H Plus or is it a ST16 from Typhoon H?
The firmware of the ST16 is not able to connect to Typhoon H Plus with C23.

I have read somewhere that one had upgraded the ST16 with ST16S firmware and it shall work. If this is true, I don't know. I would not do this because the performance of the ST16 is lower than the ST16S. If ST comes in trouble mid-air then bad things may happen.

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
How to get it?????? I recently bought a new typhoon H plus drone only and I already had the typhoon H St16+ controller but when binding the typhoon H plus it does not register the H plus and or no new interface please help appreciate it very much. Thank you

There is no ST16+, it was a false identification given to the ST16 when they moved the second 2.4 GHz antenna to outside the shell. The ST16 is used with the H, H Pro, and H920+.

The ST16S looks similar but has internal differences and is used with the H+, H520, and now the H3.

Last edited:
There is no ST16+, it was a false identification given to the ST16 when they moved the second 2.4 GHz antenna to outside the shell. The ST16 is used with the H, H Pro, and H920+.

The ST16S looks similar but has internal differences and is used with the H+, H520, and now the H3.
I have the 3 antenna controller

Last edited by a moderator:
It is important to know which controller you have. The ST16 (or ST16+) associated with the Typhoon H will NOT work as the ST16S associated with the H Plus.
Does your Bind screen look like this?
Bind Page.jpg

These are the front screens of ST16S (For H Plus)
ST16S- H Plus.jpg H Plus 2.jpg

This is the front screen for ST16 and ST16+ for Typhoon H. This will not work for H Plus:
ST16 - Typhoon H.jpg

Last edited:
It is important to know which controller you have. The ST16 (or ST16+) associated with the Typhoon H will NOT work as the ST16S associated with the H Plus.
Does your Bind screen look like this?
View attachment 21386

These are the front screens of ST16S (For H Plus)
View attachment 21388 View attachment 21389

This is the front screen for ST16 and ST16+ for Typhoon H. This will not work for H Plus:
View attachment 21387
So the controller with three antennas is not the S? I thought the only difference was the two antennas for the older version and the new one had the three antennas,,,I apologize not replied about the pictures I’m just not at home right now will be in a couple hours

So the controller with three antennas is not the S? I thought the only difference was the two antennas for the older version and the new one had the three antennas,,,I apologize not replied about the pictures I’m just not at home right now will be in a couple hours
Mine definitely has the older interface screen ,,Dosent have the Typhoon H Plus in the top right

Reactions: WTFDproject
That was a good catch by @h-elsner and clarification by @DoomMeister. I had completely overlooked what you said in your first post.
You will need to get an actual ST16S for your H Plus. Also note there are three versions of the ST16S. One for the HPlus, one for H520, and another for the H3. The firmware of each does not work for the others. You need to get an ST16S specifically for an H Plus.

That was a good catch by @h-elsner and clarification by @DoomMeister. I had completely overlooked what you said in your first post. You will need to get an actual ST16S for your H Plus. Also note there are three versions of the ST16S. One for the HPlus, one for H520, and another for the H3. The firmware of each does not work for the others. You need to get an ST16S specifically for an H Plus.
Thank you!!!

What is the FIX?
Not sure I understand the question.
There is no fix if you mean a way to use the ST16 on the H Plus. As noted by @h-elsner, it may be possible to load ST16S firmware on ST16, but that is not a proven thing. And the worse thing that could happen would be that it APPEARED to work, but failed later during flight. Which seems a very possible scenario.

...I recently bought a new typhoon H plus drone only and I already had the typhoon H St16+ controller....

That was a mistake assuming the controller you had would work. You’re not the first to do this though. Hopefully you’ll find an ST16S controller at a reasonable price.

..The fix is to obtain a controller compatible with the aircraft type.

Yep.

B&H supposedly has the ST16S for $569:

There are several on eBay for sale at a more reasonable price. Just make certain it's the right model for the H Plus.

I assume you turned the H Plus upside down until all six motor LEDs began flashing rapid green?
Hey there again. I really appreciate the help,,,One other question,,, can you Hard Wire(not use an SD card?? When u download the APK firmware? Thank you so much

While in the process of getting the right controller be sure to peruse the rest of the Sticky Threads in both Typhoon H Plus forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy