Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H propellers 3d printing

Reaction score
Hi guys
For all of you having a 3d printer .. did you know you can print your propellers yourself !
Personally I fly with my own propellers for a few weeks now about 1 hour a day and without any problems.
You can find this very good .STL files on this site, each (A and B) for only 12 bucks.
Really it's worth it ! :)

Geophoto

Hi guys
For all of you having a 3d printer .. did you know you can print your propellers yourself !
Personally I fly with my own propellers for a few weeks now about 1 hour a day and without any problems.
You can find this very good .STL files on this site, each (A and B) for only 12 bucks.
Really it's worth it ! :)

Geophoto

My concern would be if they are properly balanced and if not this will eventually damage your engines

Can you post photos of your props? I hadn't realized 3D printing had progressed to the point where this would be a viable option, at least not without a lot of sanding and finishing.

Can this work, yes. Would I ever run them with knowing they're not 100% balanced, no.I think the only way that they could be done wth out needing to be balanced afterwards is by a resin printer.

Hmmm.....I don't use cut-rate tires on my car and don't use cheaper props on my bird for exactly the same reason. It's just not worth the meager savings.

I would think that a 3D printed prop would have the tendency to expand while being rotated at such high RPM! Have you by chance measured yours with a pair of Calipers to see if any of this may be happening? Also what about your flight times, have they changed at all because I'm curious to know how someone would be able to get all the pitch correct along the entire length of the props being that on a UAV the props have multiple pitches compared to a helicopter that only usually have a single pitch along the length of a prop?

I'm curious to know how someone would be able to get all the pitch correct along the entire length of the props
@Tom C , I suspect the OP of this thread has an interest in the link that he included. Note that he made a single post in this forum and has not returned to answer any questions.

Reactions: DroneCalzone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz