Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H with Intel® RealSense™ Technology -- Product Release**

Yuneec has just announced the release of the RealSense!

Intel RealSense Technology enables the Typhoon H to fly autonomously, intelligently navigating around objects, taking safety and customers’ creative options to the next level. Customers get these additional features in addition to what the Typhoon H provides:

- A factory installed Intel RealSense R200 Camera and the Intel Atom processor module work seamlessly with the flight control firmware to add intelligent obstacle navigation.

- With a combination of specialized cameras and sensors, this Intel system maps and learns its environment in 3D, recognizing each obstacle, planning an alternative route and safely navigating around it.

- The module also adds downward facing sensors to improve stability, enabling flight indoors or outdoors close to the ground, even with poor GPS reception.

The Typhoon H with Intel® RealSense™ Technology will also include:

- Wizard controller for dual operator mode

- Soft backpack

- Two batteries

- Extra propellers

A separate Intel RealSense Technology module for current Typhoon H owners will be released in the near future.

I will update you all when I hear when the RealSense module will be available for purchase!

Typhoon H with Intel® RealSense™ Technology - *Pre-Order*
Hay Laura, I see the wizard is included in package....why not in the Netherlands?? I thought the contence of those packages would be the same everywhere.

Hello,

on Yuneec website it seems the ST16 is differente from the Advance version....?

yuneec.JPG

Two weeks two weeks two weeks, No love for the Beta testers.................OUCH YUNEEC......(but I still love you)

Intel RealSense Technology enables the Typhoon H to fly autonomously, intelligently navigating around objects, taking safety and customers’ creative options to the next level. Customers get these additional features in addition to what the Typhoon H provides:

- A factory installed Intel RealSense R200 Camera and the Intel Atom processor module work seamlessly with the flight control firmware to add intelligent obstacle navigation.

- With a combination of specialized cameras and sensors, this Intel system maps and learns its environment in 3D, recognizing each obstacle, planning an alternative route and safely navigating around it.

- The module also adds downward facing sensors to improve stability, enabling flight indoors or outdoors close to the ground, even with poor GPS reception.

- Soft backpack

- Two batteries

- Extra propellers

A separate Intel RealSense Technology module for current Typhoon H owners will be released in the near future.

I will update you all when I hear when the RealSense module will be available for purchase!

Laura, The photos of the ST16 for the TH Pro show a 3rd antenna. Does anyone know what that 3rd antenna is for? Is it for the RealSense or is it for improved range, or something else?

I completely agree!
Laura just wanted to thank you for the great customer service. Especially the communication. You got me the battery quickly (shipped that day) and the communication from your website was great ever step along the way. I hope you get the real sense modules as soon as they come out as i would like to purchase from you again based on the great customer service!

Reactions: Laura Turbeville
Does Realsense work from all sides of the drone? If it's only one side, I don't see it being helpful enough specially in Smart mode where the drone is going in a direction different where realsense is facing.

Or I don't know what RealSense really does.

That is complete BS that we as current owners that waited months of lies and diversions have to wait an additional 30-60 days to get their real sense modular device...that just completely puts the market and enthusiasts on tilt.

YOU'RE RIGHT -- total bullcrap! Especially what we went through over the release --the misinformation and even downright lies on a couple occasions! And so much for honoring their dedicated consumer base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guess Who
who said $500 ?? all i see are rumors floating around....

All I can say is its going to be close to it: The current package sits at $1299...with the new bundle another battery +$100 depending on how much they are charging for the new bag says another +$100 were at $1499 the new bundle is $1899 so it has to be within the $3-$400 range for the RS module

THAT IS EVEN MORE BS...This was supposed to be a module system now it seems you have to buy a different ST16 now too WTF

Everyone -- Please complain to Yuneec directly. The more they hear from their pissed off consumer base the more they might rethink their stupidity next time. I, for one, guarantee you there won't be a next time. This was the final straw.

- Soft backpack

- Two batteries

- Extra propellers

"Soft backpack" or that hard ninja turtle back shell lookin bull.. the one that looks like a rock with straps on it?

My remaining questions:

1. Does Real Sense work when using the wizard?
2. Will the extra weight and/or the additional processing deplete the battery quicker?
3. If it does follow the wizard is it smart enough to always aim the sensors in it's forward direction?
4. What will the top follow me speed be?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval