Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

unable to land - turned off motor?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just did a back yard flight to empty a battery, flew in angle mode at 3 meters max altitude and when it was time to land the Typhoon H with (RealSense) would not let me.
push the stick down and nothing, I could go up, left, right but not down.. OBS was off.
Had to turn off the motor and I had damage on 3 - H Arm Latch that broke on landing.... lucky me i guess...
Anyone had this before?
I never experienced this.
Thanks

Did you try tapping the Red kill button until it got low enough to hold the Red button and it shut off?

Hello all,
I just did a back yard flight to empty a battery, flew in angle mode at 3 meters max altitude and when it was time to land the Typhoon H with (RealSense) would not let me.
push the stick down and nothing, I could go up, left, right but not down.. OBS was off.
Had to turn off the motor and I had damage on 3 - H Arm Latch that broke on landing.... lucky me i guess...
Anyone had this before?
I never experienced this.
Thanks

See this thread...

My H will not descend! How do I get it to land?

as well as this post...

Landing Difficulties / Options

I did tried to do the red kill button but maybe I didn't do it right and panic a bit new flier do that ..

Here is the telemetry (cvs format) take the .txt out

Attachments

• Telemetry_00131.csv.txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • Telemetry_00131_raw.csv.txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
RemoteGPS, Remote belongs to FlightLog too. GPS was bad all the time. There is a drop in altitude down to -4m. What is that? A hole?
You should not fly between building. And if so, climb far above it to get GPS accuracy and be prepared for difficult landing or land in open area.

I guess Remote GPS was in inacceptabe state.

br HE

Not sure if your gear was down or not but the manual states -

NOTICE: If the landing gear is not lowered down in Smart and Angle modes during landing, the aircraft can't descent less than 6.6 feet (2 meters) from the ground.

I have not tested what happens if you you are less than 6 feet and raise the gear and attempt to descend. Also be aware of the inaccuracy of the altimeter regarding what telemetry says your altitude is and what your altitude actually is.

Thanks all for your replies.
Landing gear was down all the time. When I do these kind of flight landing gear is always down.
I saw on the log the - 4m in alt, I didn't flight in a hole no. I got puzzle by this too, but I'm not an expert.

Not sure if your gear was down or not but the manual states -

NOTICE: If the landing gear is not lowered down in Smart and Angle modes during landing, the aircraft can't descent less than 6.6 feet (2 meters) from the ground.

I have not tested what happens if you you are less than 6 feet and raise the gear and attempt to descend. Also be aware of the inaccuracy of the altimeter regarding what telemetry says your altitude is and what your altitude actually is.

The gear position requirement is only applicable to models equipped with activated Real Sense.

I don't think you want to try that.
When Idle or descending, what's going to keep the weight of the arm motor up. Gravity here is your enemy.

I don't think you want to try that.
When Idle or descending, what's going to keep the weight of the arm motor up. Gravity here is your enemy.

Thanks, that make sense otherwise why would we need to latch the arm.
I ordered 6 Arm Latch from Vertigo Drones, need to wait for arrival now. 1 ship to the US then to Brazil.

Reactions: AH-1G
When I will get the drone fixed with the new Arm Latch, I will surely practice emergency landing and catch the drone in the air.

My Typhoon has a Real Sense installed.
by the way can a Typhoon fly without the arm locked?

Yes it can. As the thrust vector of the propeller is in the vertical plane relative to the body of the aircraft, failure to lock the boom in place would not have a significant impact on safety during the period the motor on the unlocked boom was subjected to climb power settings.

However, during periods where power settings were reduced for the purposes of descent or hover it would be possible for the unlocked boom to sag relative to the position of the locked booms, which could/would induce significant instability problems.

So the answer to your question is multifaceted; yes it could fly but it would not be a safe way to do so.

Just for general info applicable to anyone reading this thread, performing a preflight inspection and assuring an aircraft is safe to fly is 100% the responsibility of the pilot in command. Any failure in assuring the aircraft is correctly set up and safe to fly is 100% the fault of the PIC, whether they understood how to set up the aircraft or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval