Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.3 - 1 March 2018

After update, the arrow for camera direction shows left when cam looks right and right when left.

So, if the intent is to photograph the area covered by Claudius ‘ “L”, the actual flight path (the white lines) are to be expected, correct?

As long as the time lapse camera only activates within defined dimensions (the green) in order to photograph only the area of the “L” itself, the intent of the mission is accomplished as programmed.

So basically, it doesn’t matter as to the actual flight path, but rather the most efficient way to capture the desired images.

Now, if there is an issue such as “flight restrictions over the portions not covered by the green”, then perhaps this isn’t a discussion about the shortcomings of the H520 mission planner, but rather the need to create two specialized missions in order to avoid overlap where flight not allowed.

Does this thought open up this discussion to different possibilities?

Jeff

So, if the intent is to photograph the area covered by Claudius ‘ “L”, the actual flight path (the white lines) are to be expected, correct?

As long as the time lapse camera only activates within defined dimensions (the green) in order to photograph only the area of the “L” itself, the intent of the mission is accomplished as programmed.

So basically, it doesn’t matter as to the actual flight path, but rather the most efficient way to capture the desired images.

Now, if there is an issue such as “flight restrictions over the portions not covered by the green”, then perhaps this isn’t a discussion about the shortcomings of the H520 mission planner, but rather the need to create two specialized missions in order to avoid overlap where flight not allowed.

Does this thought open up this discussion to different possibilities?

Jeff
Not really. When drawing a concave area the craft should always stay within the defined area for survey. You could be drawing to avoid a tower, for example. Here is how it should be, as plotted by arducopter..
uc

Not really. When drawing a concave area the craft should always stay within the defined area for survey. You could be drawing to avoid a tower, for example. Here is how it should be, as plotted by arducopter..
uc

10-8,

I see your point for specialty grids. This begs for a selectable option such as “aircraft must remain inside the grid.”

I am trying to think in the terms of efficiencies, whether allowing a craft to make its turns outside the grid would be more efficient, thus the desire for such an option. In other words, if forcing the flight path to remain inside the grid is a recipe for longer flights (time-wise” and thus more power needs, then I can see the benefit of a selectable option.

Hope the above train of thought makes sense.

Jeff

I believe in the example first posted by @claudius62 , you will see that there is actually more flight time in flying outside the grid than inside. Smaller area being covered, less flight time to stay inside. Even in Arducopter, there is not an option to ignore the flight plan and fly outside, as there is no benefit.

I believe in the example first posted by @claudius62 , you will see that there is actually more flight time in flying outside the grid than inside. Smaller area being covered, less flight time to stay inside. Even in Arducopter, there is not an option to ignore the flight plan and fly outside, as there is no benefit.

I’m experimenting with my ST-16s and Mission Planner, and beginning to see your point as well as what mission planner is trying to do. It seems to want to hold on to its rectangles. In the case of the L shaped area, it gradually shortens the flight paths over the undesired area. What you guys are saying is: don’t even fly over an area if it is not in the pattern.

If the edges are clean like the “L” we should of be able to expect this type of flight. But, change that L to a K or an S, and the planner is doing exactly as I would expect, creating a rectangle flight plan to fly over all to points requiring capture. It will make the longest runs coinciding with the longest portion of the pattern, then gradually decrease travel if it can.

Maybe it needs to move left to right over that L, much like a printhead/carriage type printer. Move all the way right only if it has to drop ink way over there!

Jeff

image.jpg Trying to update to latest firmware.

I get this when I try to install latest datapilot!

Hello, today is the increase via UpdatePilot all are good except the E90.
Autopilot 1.3 Good
Datapilot 1.3 Good
E90 Gimbal 1.37.7 Good
E90 Cam 1.0.02 BAD No Change.
Tried manually by SD card, failed, no connection with E90, Password failed.
Reinstall Firm 1.0.02 Ok but no connection either, also failed password (the E90 is recognized.)
Reset the E90 with a paperclip, Restart, Factory Password, Connection OK.
I have the image and functions of the camera on the ST16s but the firm is 1.0.02.
I did not re-try to put the version 1.0.17 by the SD.
What is the best way to update the Cam knowing that UpdatePilot does not find a markup despite this old camera firm in version 1.0.02?

image.jpg

For some reason my update pilot is showing the old DataPilot version as green.

Have managed to get the rest to current.

Claudius have you downloaded the “firmware.bin” file from Yuneec.uk/index.php/firmware and placed on root of MicroSD? This just worked for my E90 - the Gimbal Flight Control and Autopilot all updated using updatepilot I just cannot get the Datapilot app to update.

Datapilot V1.3.0, I updated it directly by google play before starting the markup. It worked.
Where i downloaded the file firmware bin, put on an SD, and there at the reconnection, he asked for my password and blocked on it. I do not know why. By cons by android wifi, the password for connetion worked.
I will try again tomorrow and see to reset the camera if it still hangs, otherwise I would put the 1.0.02 that still works.

Mine will not allow me to install Datapilot from google play - my ST16S is not compatible????

We have already discussed it in this thread. If you have problems with both the E90 and the DataPilot version, it is best to do it manually.

From the Yuneec page, download both firmwares or updates.
  • The DataPilot update, put it in the root of the SD card, insert it into the ST16S and install it like any other Android application, using the file browser.
  • The update of the E90, put it in the root of the SD card, insert it into the camera and start the drone (with the E90 connected), wait a while and it is already updated too.
P.D.: I've added it to the first post to make it easier to find.

I just did the manipulation and it's OK.
You put the Apk on the SD card in the radio. With File Manager, you will search for the file. You quickly click on it, it will ask you if you want to install it, You answer Yes. If, ever it blocks, it is necessary to go in the parameters of Android, Security, Management of the device, Sources unknown and you check "to authorize".
If there is still bloating is that there is another problem with Android.

....................Sorry Arruntus, you grilled me, I did not see your answer.

one problem resolved, I would see mine tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
I had doubts, I hadn't tried, but the new vivid mode also affects videos and not just photographs. Javier's been flying today and he confirms it. Since this option was only available in the camera configuration, it generated doubts.

I just did the manipulation and it's OK.
You put the Apk on the SD card in the radio. With File Manager, you will search for the file. You quickly click on it, it will ask you if you want to install it, You answer Yes. If, ever it blocks, it is necessary to go in the parameters of Android, Security, Management of the device, Sources unknown and you check "to authorize".
If there is still bloating is that there is another problem with Android.

....................Sorry Arruntus, you grilled me, I did not see your answer.

I didn't remember that, I added it to the first post with your words ;)

Teamwork claudius62 :D

Reactions: Fin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13