Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update on kav tomorrow hopefully

I saw the text of the email one person received and KAV did say that they were going to continue to do non-warranty drone repairs so at least they plan to keep their doors open. At some point they need to START ANSWERING THEIR PHONES and give some kind of explanation on the communications blackout before people will trust them with their drones, I'd think.

Distracted is contemplating how you are going to clear cut ten, 100 year old oak trees, 3, 30 year old pine trees, 8, 60-80’ tall eucalyptus trees, cut a 100’ diameter swath around your home to bare dirt, and remove all flowers and shrubs within 30’ of a structure to retain your fire insurance. You also get to accept your rates on car and home insurance will increase $1,000/year after you got all that done, and you have 60 days to get it done or you lose your home insurance. Adding insult to injury, you’re delaying a knee replacement until all that’s said and done.

Sorry, but I’ll take the minor drone problem any day.
This is your dilemma. Good luck.

I saw the text of the email one person received and KAV did say that they were going to continue to do non-warranty drone repairs so at least they plan to keep their doors open. At some point they need to START ANSWERING THEIR PHONES and give some kind of explanation on the communications blackout before people will trust them with their drones, I'd think.
Almost makes you think, Yuneec want to close it all down in US, and run it all from Europe!

Having recently received my repaired H520 and after my successful test flight, today I finally got a kind email reply from KAV to my several emails during Oct-Nov asking for the repair diagnosis, procedures done, parts replaced and test flight results. It was all there and I thanked them for finally responding. Possibly, others will now get answers to their inquires as it seems maybe the "communication blackout" order may be over.

Distracted is contemplating how you are going to clear cut ten, 100 year old oak trees, 3, 30 year old pine trees, 8, 60-80’ tall eucalyptus trees, cut a 100’ diameter swath around your home to bare dirt, and remove all flowers and shrubs within 30’ of a structure to retain your fire insurance. You also get to accept your rates on car and home insurance will increase $1,000/year after you got all that done, and you have 60 days to get it done or you lose your home insurance. Adding insult to injury, you’re delaying a knee replacement until all that’s said and done.

Agreed

If Yuneec Germany can get the parts so drones will be repaired, that's fine by me.
Certainly be longer shipping and return times back to US though, but a lot of people have had a long wait now.

Certainly be longer shipping and return times back to US though, but a lot of people have had a long wait now.
I can't believe they'd do warranty repairs from Germany - that would be incredibly expensive with all the shipping. I'm betting they would contract that out to a US company as they're doing now. But still run all their operations from Germany.

I can't believe they'd do warranty repairs from Germany - that would be incredibly expensive with all the shipping. I'm betting they would contract that out to a US company as they're doing now. But still run all their operations from Germany.
Post 74 in the thread claims all the parts have been shipped from kav, so perhaps to a new repair station, how true that is I don't know.

There is much of this story that is not being shared by both sides. The burden of truth sits on Yuneec’s shoulders. They can’t continue shifting repairs from one location or vendor to another without casting serious doubt upon themselves.

The parts supply for the 920 took a similar path to what we are seeing with the H480. They had hundreds of 920 everything except landing gear motors in Ontario but overnight the parts availability became almost nil.

Sorry to hear, Pat.

Hope the fires stay away and you are able to get everything "required" done in time.

Sad to hear the pending demise of what sound like very nice and prized trees. Cannot be an easy task (emotionally), considering how long they have been around.

Jeff

The only path was to go shopping for a new carrier. One does not willingly turn country, semi forested terrain into a barren desert, and ranch land was never meant to look like city tract housing.

Clean up with disruption of fire ladders is one thing but stripping the land to assure an insurance company never has to pay a claim is another. Had California not so restricted people with overly aggressive, poorly thought out environmental regulations a falling power line would not make contact with things that burn.

One thing you can depend on in California is that you will suffer
a death by 1,000 government inflicted cuts.

Last edited:
The big no no here is trees being close to the property causing subsidence with the roots, too wet to ever be a fire hazard, and of course flooding, impossible to get insurance if your property has been flooded before, and there are at least 100 flood warnings in UK at the moment.

Just found this in the United States forum.

Reactions: sibelius
Just found this in the United States forum.

They speak!!!!!

They speak!!!!!
I just about had a stroke from the shock!

They still haven’t announced who and where the new service providers are.

You should be eligible for the 15% discount on an H3 if you purchase directly from Yuneec.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold