Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT NFZ !!! GREAT NEWS !!!

Yep thats correct. How did yours do after the unlock

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is the NFZ firmware available for the H? I emailed Yuneec US Customer Service and got this response

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 08/16/2016
Subject: No Fly Zone

Hello Brent,

The No Fly Zone firmware is not yet available for the Typhoon H. Please feel free to contact us within a few weeks for updates on it's release.

Regards,

Customer Care | Yuneec USA Inc.

5555 Ontario Mills Parkway

Ontario, CA 91764

T: 844-898-6332

www.yuneec.com

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

That's it, I'm done with yuneec. If anyone wants to buy a typhoon H with the wizard remote send me a pm. It's got maybe 8 flights on it and I'll give you a **** of a deal. Their customer support has rubbed me the wrong way and given me the run around for the last time.

I have no issue with Yuneec. I am just confused by the customer service response. I thought I read that some users received NFZ updated firmware or license keys.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boredcontroller
Yeah that was me, and I did receive it. I don't think they truly have it ready or it may need some polishing. Your craft will be restricted to 50 feet and no further than 1 mile. Which I don't know anyone that can fly a multi or hexacopter 1 mile and be in Los. Which if yuneec is all about safety and the nfz then they should have restricted the distance as well. They did not do this to the 500 it can fly unrestricted. That's why most of us are done with them. There customer service is a joke as far as knowing what is going on. They restrict some of their craft and not others should be one standard don't you think. I will still fly the 500 because in my opinion that's the only thing they got right. That is based on my experience with them. I'm sure some fan boys will jump on here and scream how great it is. I have been flying over 20 years in rc and this is one of the worst companies with not knowing day to day operations and just saying something to get you off the phone. I will send you a few emails and you can see a typical yuneec response is check back in 2 weeks. Rant over. My H is sold and I will never purchase a yuneec product again nor will I recommend anyone too above a 500.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Can somebody upload the firmware to google drive or somewhere else ? Yuneec in Germany says that there is no NoflyZone disabled firmware available.

First off I want to say PLEASE fly responsible. I just spoke with Yuneec. For those of you who want to fly in a No Fly Zone WITH permission from an air traffic controller, you can have Yuneec send you a waiver and they will send you the firmware so your drone will work anywhere and everywhere. I cant stress enough. PLEASE abide by the rules so we don'.t end up with any more restrictions. Ive seen so many people upset about this. I hope this brightens some peoples days. I know it did mine.
Is this for the H model?

First off I want to say PLEASE fly responsible. I just spoke with Yuneec. For those of you who want to fly in a No Fly Zone WITH permission from an air traffic controller, you can have Yuneec send you a waiver and they will send you the firmware so your drone will work anywhere and everywhere. I cant stress enough. PLEASE abide by the rules so we don'.t end up with any more restrictions. Ive seen so many people upset about this. I hope this brightens some peoples days. I know it did mine.
I have a waiver form, who do you send it too?

Alright just got off the phone with yuneec and dealing with switching warranty to the new buyer. Guess they told him he would need original reciept for warranty but i was told the online invoice would be good. Today i was told the company policy is non transferable warranty. Then ask me if i had the licsense unlock and i said yes but it does me no good restricted to 50 feet and 1 mile. I was then told that yuneec was following future regulations that all drone companies would be doing it. Someone have this future regulation. Im just curious if this is the case then alot of people will not be able to enjoy this hobby without having to drive a good distance.

Mike

Hi.
Sorry my english is bad.

I have pre order my typhoon h pro with real sense and I just notice that I live in nfz zone. I send email in yuneec and they send me form to fill out to order baypass nfz when my drone gomes. How this work? Is someone do this? How my new drone work if i do this? Is there confident firmware?

Thanks
Antti

Well i dont know how you sent the form unless yuneec changed it because you need the id off the h which shows in the gui. I would just download the key to a folder on your desktop. You will then go up and open a box in the gui to install key. Then goto settings and check no airport to fly in a no flyzone. When not in a no fly zone i would uncheck the box to liftyour height restrictions and distance. I would ask them about your real sense and obstacle ovoidance cause your craft is limited to 50 feet and 1 mile while the no airport file is active. That kinda negates your obstacle ovoidance as the craft can only climb to 50 feet to avoid something. I sold my h so might want to talk to yuneec and ask those questions.

Well i dont know how you sent the form unless yuneec changed it because you need the id off the h which shows in the gui. I would just download the key to a folder on your desktop. You will then go up and open a box in the gui to install key. Then goto settings and check no airport to fly in a no flyzone. When not in a no fly zone i would uncheck the box to liftyour height restrictions and distance. I would ask them about your real sense and obstacle ovoidance cause your craft is limited to 50 feet and 1 mile while the no airport file is active. That kinda negates your obstacle ovoidance as the craft can only climb to 50 feet to avoid something. I sold my h so might want to talk to yuneec and ask those questions.

Hi.
They dont send form just jet, because i dont hafe my drone jet. my english is bad. Sorry.
I just want to know what happening my drone if i do this. and how i do that.
Thanks armyrcer for you answer.

Antti

No problem it is easy when you get it if you need the steps send me a message and i will forward the steps

NFZ's are a great reason to have two aircraft, one of them without firmware that incorporates NFZ's. A Chroma 4k uses the same camera as the H. However, most that want to fly in a restricted area don't bother with contacting airport management, are not professionals with legitimate need to fly a project in a specific area. Most don't even bother to look at maps or aero charts to learn about the air traffic operations in their intended flight area.

NFZ's have been developed precisely because of people that have refused to remain clear of controlled airspace and airport traffic patterns. We are facing many changes in how and where we fly our aircraft that we will learn to live with or simply not fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval