Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VIDEO Camera Features - Histogram, Burst, Timelapse, Panoramic, Exposure, File Format

Great video as always !
Anyway, as you are here talking about camera settings/options, can someone explain to me what is actually image style Night doing compared to Natural or Gorgeous?
What you think is actually the best for night shooting, video or photo ?

The NIGHT mode just turns up the sensitivity of the camera to a high ISO which has plenty of noise. Perhaps it was designed for super low light, but it doesn't look good.

When flying at night, GORGEOUS seems to work well. NATURAL is OK, but at night you'd rather things to look sharp vice soft (NATURAL is soft).

Here are two snapshots from a video clip. The first was shot in NIGHT mode and the second in GORGEOUS mode. You can see less color in NIGHT mode and some noise in the sky.

NIGHT.jpg

GORGEOUS.jpg

Reactions: dxer and zandoli
Vade Mecum is the elder of the Mecum brothers, in the collector car business. Auctions, etc. Maybe they are using drones now.

Cap, like you said, the CGO3+ is not really a night camera.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
I had to time play with the new camera settings on Sunday and put together this video showing all the new camera features on the Typhoon H.

What settings do you you use with PTGUI to properly stitch?

What settings do you you use with PTGUI to properly stitch?
I only used it the one time just for the video. I put all 18 photos into it. The software figured out about 80% of where everything went. To get it to 100% you have to manually select key points between two photos.

I fully agree.
That was a very helpful film.
I went out the next day and produced a panorama.

Then I wrapped it to a cylinder to make this:

I could not have done it without your help so thanks very much.
I still need lots of practice with my stitching etc. but I've made a start.

Thanks again Captain.

Jim

Attachments

• PANO low res.jpg
    PANO low res.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 15
I fully agree.
That was a very helpful film.
I went out the next day and produced a panorama.

Then I wrapped it to a cylinder to make this:

I could not have done it without your help so thanks very much.
I still need lots of practice with my stitching etc. but I've made a start.

Thanks again Captain.

Jim
You're very welcome. Great pic!

The Panoramic applications are endless. Looking forward to seeing people with Typhoons take top of mountain panoramics, or off a boat panoramic, or near glaciers, waterfalls, city park, above low clouds, etc

@CAPTAINDRONE, How do you keep your legs out of the panorama? Did you cut them out of the pic?? I took this on a day with light wind, and I could not dictate the angle the panorama was to be taken on, it would always reset and go to the highest tilt, then start the rotation...

Pretty annoying really..

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
@CAPTAINDRONE, How do you keep your legs out of the panorama? Did you cut them out of the pic?? I took this on a day with light wind, and I could not dictate the angle the panorama was to be taken on, it would always reset and go to the highest tilt, then start the rotation...

Pretty annoying really..

Your camera is set to look up the extra 15 degrees. Perhaps you have the front upper left toggle switch in the wrong position. Try it in the center position.

I had to time play with the new camera settings on Sunday and put together this video showing all the new camera features on the Typhoon H.

Seriously GREAT Job. Can't tell you just how much I appreciate the showing what the update is, what it does, and then giving an actual video demo showing of how it does it. The world needs more CaptainDrone's!!! :) And for the record, I agree, yuneec should be paying you. Show me any paid sales person who goes into this level of detail. Again, Thanks, you are AWESOME!!!!!!

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
I just bought a used typhoon h and it flies great but I'm scared to do firmware update thinking it may change performance...should I man up and do the upgrade....lol

As always. Your videos are great, informative, and professional. Thanks.
PS: Heard from a reliable source that Yuneec will be putting out a new camera for the H. Up to 12x zoom, controlled by the ST16. It is supposed to have great specs and be somewhere between 150-500. Could not get a confirmation from Yuneec, as usual with future releases. If true, you will have a new toy to demonstrate in another one of you vids.
Have a Yuneec day!

Reactions: eric bee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop