Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Want to help make a better manual?

The thing I would most like to see is a comprehensive preflight checklist that can be downloaded and printed for the gear bag.

Reactions: aredub
The thing I would most like to see is a comprehensive preflight checklist that can be downloaded and printed for the gear bag.

@Phil Vanderloo I've got a Flight Plan typed up, and I'm working on a checklist right now. I'm debating on whether or not to post them on here, simply because I get paid to make stuff like this at work. technically it's the companies property, but I'd also like to help the community advance.

@Phil Vanderloo @Air One ......Here you go.

I originally created this in excel, with our company logo in the top left corner, so excuse the generic heading.

Also, I had is set up so when I selected the PIC and Oberver, it would automatically fill in their respective Certification number. The same goes for the aircraft. Everything we own has an asset number, so as soon as I type that in, it would automatically fill in the Make, Model, and registration number. I can upload the Excel as well, and help anyone get it setup the way they want it.

Attachments

• GenericFlightPlan.pdf
    335 KB · Views: 64
@Phil Vanderloo @Air One ......Here you go.

I originally created this in excel, with our company logo in the top left corner, so excuse the generic heading.

Also, I had is set up so when I selected the PIC and Oberver, it would automatically fill in their respective Certification number. The same goes for the aircraft. Everything we own has an asset number, so as soon as I type that in, it would automatically fill in the Make, Model, and registration number. I can upload the Excel as well, and help anyone get it setup the way they want it.
Thanks aredub this will come in handy for sure.
Phil

Reactions: aredub
Thanks aredub this will come in handy for sure.
Phil

No problem. Let me know if you want me to send you the Excel version. I can show you how to put your information into the back end of the spreadsheet for the drop downs.

I don't see it in the manual - is there any way to set a Point Of Interest and then manually fly the H around with the gimbal staying pointed at the POI, or is the only option to have it orbit around the POI?

I don't see it in the manual - is there any way to set a Point Of Interest and then manually fly the H around with the gimbal staying pointed at the POI, or is the only option to have it orbit around the POI?
POI within the Task Modes is just flying a circle around a previously set center: elevator for radius, aileron for direction, throttle for altitude, yaw for orientation, gimbal control knobs for cam pan and tilt.
ORBIT is pretty much the same but taking the ST16 or Wizard as the center.
What you may be looking for is a function like "FOCUS" in the Litchi App, where you can set a POI on the map and however you pass that POI, the aircraft will point towards it in a kind of headless mode.

I don't think Litchi is available for my H, is it?
No it isn't. But I saw some promising ST16 screenshots for the Typhoon H520. This includes the introduction of live maps on the display for Task Modes (e.g. CCC) IIRC. Maybe some more features will come with it and probably the "normal" H (480) can profit from it... (that is just guessing, I know)

Reactions: rearickj
I'd suggest a very short 'Quick Start' section that doesn't overwhelm the user, but just gives the bare minimum information to get them to think about keeping the Typhoon under control. No more than four or five points, and avoiding any 'technical' speak. There could be sections later on on setting up/troubleshooting (in particular, checking the ST-16 controls) and calibration, but the most common causes of problems need to be there up front rather than buried in a chapter twenty pages into the manual.

Something like this?

Getting Started:

The Typhoon is easy to fly. However, like all UAVs, it's also easy to fly into a tree and break. To avoid a costly mistake, there are a few steps you need to take first.

1. Make sure the batteries are charged up, and the Typhoon battery is fully inserted (it clicks into place)
2. Remember: If you are in Smart Mode, the Typhoon will not come closer than 26'/8m. It will back away if you approach it and might not want to come down to land. If you take off within this distance, it will only move away from you. This is the most common cause of early crashes.
3. If it isn't flying the way you expect - stop immediately.
4. Before you take off, check over the ST-16 to make sure you have all the controls in the right position for your flight. Taking off in the wrong mode can cause a lot of trouble.
Switches in proper position, yes. I would add preflight items that are absolutely essential, to include checking stick controls to be sure they return to zero. As a pilot, I know missing a checklist item could be fatal. "They call me...'Captain Obvious'"

Reactions: Guest99
I'll do my best to contribute soon after my new Typhoon H gets here. I currently own 4 flying Yuneec Q500 4Ks. I just ordered one of the last (I was told) Typhoon H drones left in stock from Best Buy. Should be in my hands on 9-2.

A couple of years ago when I bought my first Yuneec Q500 4K, I was nearly ready to pull my hair out because the manual was so "not-user-friendly", especially for those folks who were new or relatively new to drones. My first drone prior to the Q500 was a DJI Phantom 3.

Wish me luck getting started and flying with the Typhoon H...

So after reading 5 pages this thread just stops? Is this manual complete and ready to use?

There seems to be a lot of white space. So if I wanted to print it for study, it would take more pages. If it is complete I would reduce the unused space and make a pdf file.

Sorry if I missed something. Late to the party......

So after reading 5 pages this thread just stops? Is this manual complete and ready to use?
There seems to be a lot of white space. So if I wanted to print it for study, it would take more pages. If it is complete I would reduce the unused space and make a pdf file. Sorry if I missed something. Late to the party......
I haven't looked at it in several months. I think it got left in the dust. Hope someone has the time to put the finishing touches on it.

Bob, I downloaded the manual some time ago and it opens up just fine for me. I'll try again and see if something happened.

It's worth having as it is the manual that Yuneec should have made. Full of great info.

Ron

Last edited:
Bob, I can't get any of the links in this discussion thread to work for me. I have V 1.2 of the PDF manual and could send it to you via WeTransfer if I had your email. Just message me your email. Actually the PDF is 5.8MB if your mail can handle that directly.

Ron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis