Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What can I do in No-fly zone?

Reactions: Mrgs1
Come joins us sometime. Got off your high horse (San Jose) and come down and play with us peasants in the Salinas area.;):)

I haven’t been down in the deep south for a while, and also if you guys want to come up north, let’s play in my urban jungle.

Reactions: Mr. I
New here. I'm expecting a Pro package in several days. I'm in a no-fly zone and would like to know what checks I can do prior to bringing the drone to an area where I can fly. Or perhaps I should ask what will I not be able to do other than actually fly. As I am new to drones any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Jim F.
@jandjfrench here is a link to a pretty good app for conditions and a map to make you aware of NFZs in your area. UAV Forecast
Also do some research to find out what you need to do to fly near an airport because in many cases you can with a simple phone call to the tower. Good luck and you will dig the Typhoon H. It is a great drone!

And adapt the drone to shoot darts, while you drink a pint or two, eh mate?
Darts h3ll! Equip it to shoot bullets and then we can do whatever we want thanks to the second amendment. Don't infringe my rights!

I haven’t been down in the deep south for a while, and also if you guys want to come up north, let’s play in my urban jungle.
Is there actually somewhere to fly up there without a waiver ? I'd love to fly with you sometime.

Is there actually somewhere to fly up there without a waiver ? I'd love to fly with you sometime.

Come down, I can take with me in the pits. You can fly without a waiver, just as long as you’re flying with another operator that has 107 or a waiver (if flying in a job site) However, you will need a liability insurance, but they are not expensive through verifly if you need a day insurance.

Darts h3ll! Equip it to shoot bullets and then we can do whatever we want thanks to the second amendment. Don't infringe my rights!
I'll Join you !! I'll need your drone too though to hold the 50 cal I've got. Just kidding.

Come down, I can take with me in the pits. You can fly without a waiver, just as long as you’re flying with another operator that has 107 or a waiver (if flying in a job site) However, you will need a liability insurance, but they are not expensive through verifly if you need a day insurance.
Thanks, I just check out their website.....yours as well. Yeah, their rates are pretty reasonable. A lot cheaper than I thought. In the future, the next time I'm in your area I'll come crash your place. Food, beer and drones ! what a good mix eh ? Just kidding. Thanks for the invite.

Thanks, I just check out their website.....yours as well. Yeah, their rates are pretty reasonable. A lot cheaper than I thought. In the future, the next time I'm in your area I'll come crash your place. Food, beer and drones ! what a good mix eh ? Just kidding. Thanks for the invite.

Sure, food is good. I don’t drink, haven’t had a drink for 12yrs and going strong.

Reactions: jcommstudios
From 1972 to 1976 I was a crewchief on CH-53A and CH-53D's in the Marine Corp.

I think I still have hydraulic samples on all my gear from every one of those I rode in. Took a week to get over the ear frostbite from riding next to the starboard gun/view port one desert January.

They can’t infringe on your gun rights, but you better read the rules on what sUAS vehicles are allowed to carry. They legally couldn’t be equipped with darts without requesting a waiver for a specialized sporting event. ;)

I caught your cobra logo. I guess we have a little in common. I worked on the AH-1G, AH-1S and then the AH-1F until the Army got rid of them in 1996. From 1972 to 1976 I was a crewchief on CH-53A and CH-53D's in the Marine Corp.
Yep, we do have something in common. I was stationed at Ft. Carson 1975-1977. Flew front seat also once I attained my pilots license. :cool:

Get on AirMap and look for a place around you to fly at. Or you may be able to get a LAANC authorization for your area. Also, if you can't find a legal place to fly at around you, then find a suitable area to fly at in your area and apply for an airspace authorization. I had to do that because I live next to a military base and all the airspace in the city is class bravo, it took about 3 months for the authorization to get approved but now I have a huge open field right by my house to fly at.

My experience in California is that they have additional laws about privacy rights and photography that are different then most of the lower 48. Be aware of parks, utilities, reservoirs, and state, county, or local public works buildings as they are all subject to fines for filming according to the state ranger who ticketed me two years ago.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
My experience in California is that they have additional laws about privacy rights and photography that are different then most of the lower 48. Be aware of parks, utilities, reservoirs, and state, county, or local public works buildings as they are all subject to fines for filming according to the state ranger who ticketed me two years ago.

Does that apply to people with camcorders and cell phones or just sUAS operators?

It’s a privacy bill that’s based around paparazzi intrusions but was written so broadly that it’s a big net so technically yes it’s all cameras. It’s yet to be legally challenged because no one has been arrested that I’m aware of as it’s tickets and fines for first offense. It’s funny that they are trying this in the state with the one of the biggest influx of drone pilots.

It’s a privacy bill that’s based around paparazzi intrusions but was written so broadly that it’s a big net so technically yes it’s all cameras. It’s yet to be legally challenged because no one has been arrested that I’m aware of as it’s tickets and fines for first offense. It’s funny that they are trying this in the state with the one of the biggest influx of drone pilots.

So have only sUAS operators been ticketed, or do they also ticket those using the other?

So would that include the government’s traffic cams and security cams at businesses in those areas? They can also capture images of people in those public areas mentioned.

Not being argumentative, just curious how an sUAS pilot could fight the ticket/fine if the law is applied to a single group instead of all that the law encompasses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs